elves

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

elves

Post by Rayphoton »

Has anyone ever used these?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Shadow-Warriors

You guys think they would make a good elf team with some weapons clips and grren stuff brass knuckles?

or...do you know some better conversion potential out there?

thanks

Reason: ''
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: elves

Post by Pedda »

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

I'll be making a similar team this weekend, will post pics if I remember...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

One of my current projects, using bits from the White Lions as well; shoulder pads for all and helmets for the blitzers. Bare heads and sculpted mitts for the throwers.
Not sold on the long cloaks for BB, but hell, Helfs are pompous arses.

White Lion legs would be a nice alternative if you don't like all the trip hazards, but I roll a lot of 1's so the rocks and junk under their feet make as much sense as anything.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

you sir, are a master!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

I'm interested! would it be possible to cut their capes short?

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Yeah, but personally I think they'd look worse. The cloaks are cast on to the torso's, so removing them altogether is a big job. More work than I think it's worth for the return.

Cut them short and you get a cape that falls mid leg and looks even more poncey than a cloak that skims the ground.

Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Metalface13 »

You could always use torsos from other high elves, spearmen, archers, silver helms, etc.

JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

But then you get into realms of arms/heads/legs and so on not fitting together nicely. Not to mention that other Helf torsos are fugly next to the Shadow Warrior ones.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The linemen from that team were a mixture of the shadow warriors and lothern skycutter crew. I'm not a huge fan of cloaks on bloodbowl models (I blame the Incredibles "no capes"). So my choice of good torsos was rather limited.

The skycutter crew do look really nice but they are difficult and/or expensive to acquire. The shadow warriors can be quite cheap if you just want heads and arms as they will be spare if someone makes a unit of maiden guard. I got my bits for a right bargain off e-bay.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

elves

Post by Madsherman »

Actually I kind of like poncey cloaks (Robin fan over here) but It'd have to be well executed I reckon.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

If anyone could pull off a poncey cloak it would be a high elf.

Chris
Legend
Legend

elves

Post by Chris »

Half length clocks would look especially poncy...

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

Obviously my painting and modelling (and photographical) skills are nowhere near JT's, but these are an example of cloakless kit bashed Helfs.
A little bit of trimming and green stuffing was needed to merge the different kits, but nothing major.
20150409_224444.jpg
With a bit more time (I knocked up and painted this team in less than a week) I might have come up with better hands/arms for the catchers, but I'm satisfied enough...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Shame GW has the fat elf concept. Mantic Elves don't lend themselves to conversion but I do prefer the skinny elf approach.