Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by Lychanthrope »

Yes, and imagine teleporting into your opponent's TZ?

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Two more models done, including the final (converted) Blood Axe dwarf to make 16 players.

Which means that a full 50% of the teams are now fully painted, with two more almost done. Nice! Status is:

Black Widows: Fully painted!
Grim Reapers: Fully painted!
Grey Shadows: Fully painted!
Green Destroyers: Fully painted!
Blood Axes: Fully painted!
Doom Forgers: 15 painted.
War Hawks: 14 painted.
Storm Bolts: 10 painted.
Harlequins: 5 painted.
Celestial Comets: 5 painted.

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Awesome work on both! I really like the paintscheme on that dwarf

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

the solitaire wrote:I really like the paintscheme on that dwarf
Ditto that!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks! I'm actually thinking of applying some yellow to his shoulder pads too, to spice them up a bit.

Let's talk rules. Specifically, about players landing on other players. If anyone has any thoughts on the below, please let me know.

In our rules, there are basically three ways for a player to end up landing on another player.

1. Falling off a ledge onto another player.
2. Leaping onto another player.
3. Being thrown onto another player.

Number 3 is the only one that is allowed in the normal rulebook rules, and there, a player landing on someone else always knocks both players down with no roll, no matter who they are. The other two scenarios are only possible because of house rules we make up. Number two is a specific change to the rules for leaping, using a logic saying "why not allow a player to leap onto an occupied square if they really want?"

However, I think that all three scenarios should use the same basic mechanics for resolution.

As I see it, falling on someone should generally have a high likelihood of knocking the target player down. But I also think a snotling falling on a minotaur should do nothing. Conversely, a minotaur falling on anyone other than another minotaur should be guaranteed to knock them down. Also, a goblin thrown at someone by a minotaur should be more dangerous than the goblin just falling off a ledge onto someone.

How to translate that into rules though?

I think to start, you have to use weight categories. Just a ST value can be misleading I think. I don't want a mummy to fall as hard as a minotaur. So four categories: Titchy (snotling), Stunty (goblin), Normal (human), Big Guy (minotaur).

To start with, anyone of a greater weight landing on someone of lower weight will automatically knock them down. (e.g. human on goblin)

Equal weight: Knock down on a 2+? (human on human, goblin on goblin)

Lower weight landing on higher weight: Knock down on a 4+? (human on minotaur, goblin on human) (could also give big guys a special exception so they're never knocked down by smaller players)

Lower by two or more categories: Never knock down? (goblin on minotaur)

And then finally... throwing a player, as opposed to falling or leaping, increases that player's weight class by one?

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Because this thread has gotten so long, I've completely forgotten what kind of rules I've already posted here. Did I post my updated rules for magic items? Or sorcerer secret weapon players? If not, I'll post them here to see if anyone has any suggestions for improvement.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Sounds great!
That way you save you save us a lot of reading back a forward in this thread...

:orc:

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Cool! For now, here is a new wandering monster I've been working on. With lots of tentacles!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

MAGIC ITEMS IN DUNGEONBOWL

These rules should be considered an update to the original rules for magic items in the Blood Bowl Compendium.

Why magic items? Introducing magic items to Blood Bowl and Dungeonbowl serves two purposes. The first purpose is to give coaches a new option to spend money on once their team roster is full, other than just buying more re-rolls. The second purpose is to add an alternate mechanic to SPP for improving the players on the team roster.

With this in mind, the mechanic for using magic items is as follows. After a game, a coach may choose to buy a single magic item. Only one item may be bought after each game, and the cost of an item is always 50,000 gold. Once the gold has been paid, the coach must roll on the magic item table to determine which item he has been landed with. The indicated item may be given to any player of the coach's choice, and it increases the player's cost by 50,000. A player may only carry a single item, and once an item has been given to a player, it cannot be reassigned, although it may be discarded to make space for a new item. A team may have up to one magic item per player, and the same magic item may be acquired multiple times as long as they are given to different players. An item may only ever be used once per turn, and with the exception of items that grant re-rolls, the item must be activated before the relevant dice rolls are made.

Like fouling and secret weapons, using magic items is against the rules of the game. However, they are more subtle than most rules infractions, and are more difficult to spot. Therefore, an initial infraction only attracts the eye of the ref, but does not involve a risk of the wearer being sent off. However, if the eye of the ref is already on the team when the item is activated, the wearer is sent off on a D6 roll of a 6. All penalty rolls are made only after the effects of the item have been resolved.

The table of magic items is as follows. Either roll a D12 or a D66 to randomly select an item.

1 / 11-13: Armbands of Blocking
This item may be activated to allow the wearer to re-roll all block dice rolled in a block during his activation.

2 / 14-16: Gauntlets of Catching
This item may be activated after the ball is passed and the ball ends up in the wearer's square. The wearer catches the ball on an unmodified D6 roll of 2+.

3 / 21-23: Helm of Distraction
This item may be activated to let the wearer use the Hypnotic Gaze ability, or gain +1 if he already has the ability.

4 / 24-26: Boots of Dashing
This item may be activated to let the wearer automatically pass all his Go For it rolls this activation.

5 / 31-33: Amulet of Interception
Used when the wearer is in a position to intercept the ball. The wearer intercepts the ball on an unm. D6 roll of 2+.

6 / 34-36: Sandals of Leaping
This item may be activated to let the wearer use the Leap skill. If he already has the skill, he gains +1 to the roll.

7 / 41-43: Lucky Rabbit's Foot
A player with this item may re-roll any single dice roll once per game without using up a team re-roll. This effect is so subtle that it does not count as an infraction and has no associated penalty.

8 / 44-46: Bracers of Smashing
This item may be activated after the wearer knocks down an opponent with a block, and adds +2 to either the armour roll or the injury roll. This effect is so brutal that it counts as the wearer performing a foul.

9 / 51-53: Shoes of Speed
This item may be activated to give the wearer +1 MA this turn.

10 / 54-56: Gloves of Tackling
This item may be activated when an opponent tries to dodge out of the wearer's tackle zone. The opponent only succeeds in dodging on an unmodified D6 roll of a 6.

11 / 61-63: Headband of Throwing
This item may be activated when the wearer passes the ball. The pass is accurate on an unmodified D6 roll of 2+.

12 / 64-66: Ring of Invulnerability
This item may be activated to make the opposing coach re-roll a successful armour roll against the wearer.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

I kinda like the idea.

Are these bought permanently for the team, and assigned to any player you want (before the match begins), or are they supposed to be used as inducements, and are discarded after?
And if they are bought permanently to the team, can the "bearer" be changed from game to game, or after it's assigned its his (much like a skill)?

A.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

The idea is that they are permanent additions, and once a player has one, they can only have that one and it can't be changed to another player (though you can choose to throw it away to make space for a new item). The fun part is meant to be that you roll randomly for what item you get, but once you know, you can give it to any player. So even though you can't control the ability you get, you can give it to the player who will benefit from it the most.

Did you play in 2nd edition? You may remember these from there if so. :D

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Another thing from 2nd ed was those team banners that you were meant to place in the teams' end zones. I made these team tokens as a DB version of these, to use for fun to mark out which end zone belongs to what team/college.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

I made a second troll for the Green Destroyers a while back, but I couldn't quite get him to look right in comparison with the other troll on the team, to make them look like they were sculpted in the same style. So I took another whack at it, and I'm much happier with this result.

This is a WIP shot that shows how I kept some of the old sculpt and changed some things - the parts that are just undercoated black is the new stuff. Mostly legs and arms.

ImageImage

Here is a new guy I am working on, another conversion from the plastic elf model. At some point I have to count up how many of those elves I've used, must be quite a few.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Some new painted elves are here today, along with two new "special" balls, an iron ball and an enchanted ball. Enchanted stuff is blue, everyone knows that.

Sir-Skofis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Sir-Skofis »

yggdrasil wrote:Some new painted elves are here today, along with two new "special" balls, an iron ball and an enchanted ball. Enchanted stuff is blue, everyone knows that.
Indeed, everyone knows that.
The elves look really nice and the "special" balls also.

I didn't know anything about dungeonbowl a few moments ago but seeing what you have done I'm starting to get a bit curious about it.

Looking forward for more updates

Visit my Blog: Image