Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Red_Starrise
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by Red_Starrise »

yggdrasil wrote:The Blood Axes are actually only meant to have a bomber. Perhaps the problem is that I used the same base model (with different colour schemes) as a blitzer on the Axes team and as a chainsaw loony on the Grey Shadows team? If not, then let me know where you see the Axe chainsaw guy.
Yeah I see it now. My bad.

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Last week I played a game with the Storm Bolts against the brand new Celestial Comets. I don't remember it in enough detail to write a proper report, but it was pretty cool with quite a bit of passing - makes sense when dealing with elves - and the Comets featured a sorcerer who did pretty well I thought, being very fast, useful and entertaining. The Comets ended up winning with a pair of dryads running in the ball for the touchdown. A few pictures from the beginning of the game shown below.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Recently I started working on a Grey College Chaos team where a handful of the models will be almost entirely sculpted from scratch. Normally I've done this for either big guys or little guys, but this time I will try my hand at some human-sized players too. The Chaos Humans will be standard BB models, but I'll be building some Ogres and Beastmen. So far I've done a sketch for one of each, and the sculpting results so far are shown below. I'm quite pleased with the fact that the beastman can stand upright on his own unassisted.

Image Image

Red_Starrise
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Red_Starrise »

Damn nice job there. I can't easily make out detail on the beast but I've no doubt he looks killer.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Lovely stuff yet again yggdrasil!
The ogre looks super, and despite the beastmen pic being a bit blurry, I'm pretty sure it must look fine as well.
I bet we'll see those in other poses pretty soon, no doubt!

Bring 'em on!
:D

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thank you Axt. :) Continuing to double-maintain the thread here and on Warseer...

A Tale of Four Teams - 21/11/2013

In a completely new format, we played 2 teams vs. 2 teams, each team with their own end zones and separate turns. The War Hawks and the Storm Bolts vs. the Comets and the Black Widows. The sides alternated, so we went Widows first, then Bolts, then Comets, then Hawks. Six chests containing three balls. The Hawks Ogre had to miss the game because of his old back injury, and a Hawk lineman was still recovering from the last game.

An overview of the action

Two chests were opened on the first turn by teleporting players, one by a Black Widow troll and the other by a Hawks Orc thrower. Both contained balls! The Trolls was a magic ball, and the other was a living (doggy) ball.

The Troll guards the enchanted ball

Two Bolts Skaven runners moved up the middle into a lava area, thinking themselves safe because their opponents were far away. But the Comets Elven sorcerer teleported in and threw a Flying Fist spell at one of them, which knocked the ratman into the lava, where the intense heat melted the fur and flesh from his bones, killing him horribly. Dramatic start to the game!

The Troll was moments after pushed by a Hawk Centaur into a trap square, which exploded and knocked down the Troll as well as three of the Hawk players. The Troll later stood up and was joined by a teleporting Mummy, and together they guarded the enchanted ball well from the Hawk players, until a Bolts Dark Elf lineman snuck in and grabbed it, and passed it to his surviving Skaven team-mate.

The Orc thrower with the living ball was surprised and knocked down by a Dungeon Golem which appeared out of nowhere, and the ball-dog was loose. An Orc blitzer grabbed it, but fell over trying to dodge past a Widows Mummy. The dog was then grabbed by a Comets blitzer, who passed it to a lineman team-mate to the amusement of everyone. The last ball was eventually found in the lava zone by the Comets, and turned out to be an unpassable iron ball.

A lone Celestial Elf faces off against the Dark Elves of the Storm Bolts

After some furious fighting in the centre of the dungeon, the Skaven with the enchanted ball managed to sneak to one side without being noticed, and he ran off for the Widows end zone with nobody able to catch him. After he scored, the Comets focused their efforts on passing the dog-ball to a nearby Dryad, who in turn ran in to score in the Hawks end zone.

Having run for about two and a half hours, the game was then called for time, and the score recorded as a draw at 1-1.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Nice report!
yggdrasil wrote:In a completely new format, we played 2 teams vs. 2 teams, (...)
I've been thinking about trying this out with my league mates, but with 4 coaches (one for each team).
(Just for fun, because I've got the feeling such mayhem would last for a looooong time!)

Any tip you'd like to share after your "4 teams test" (other than several balls in the game)?

yggdrasil wrote:(...)
Two Bolts Skaven runners moved up the middle into a lava area, thinking themselves safe because their opponents were far away. But the Comets Elven sorcerer teleported in and threw a Flying Fist spell at one of them, which knocked the ratman into the lava, where the intense heat melted the fur and flesh from his bones, killing him horribly. Dramatic start to the game!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Priceless!

In my last dungeon bowl version of the game (Ogre bowl), one of the coaches had his ogre opening a chest, and exploding in his face two times in a row.
At his third attempt at the chests, he decided to throw (at another player) the closed chest instead of opening it.
He picked it up just fine, but fumbled the pass (twice with reroll), only to see it fall in the ground, open up, and (guess what) explode in his face again !!

yggdrasil wrote:
The Orc thrower with the living ball was surprised and knocked down by a Dungeon Golem which appeared out of nowhere, and the ball-dog was loose. An Orc blitzer grabbed it, but fell over trying to dodge past a Widows Mummy. The dog was then grabbed by a Comets blitzer, who passed it to a lineman team-mate to the amusement of everyone. The last ball was eventually found in the lava zone by the Comets, and turned out to be an unpassable iron ball.
Gona have to try those balls.
They sound funny.

Thanks for report!
Cheers,
A.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Axtklinge wrote: I've been thinking about trying this out with my league mates, but with 4 coaches (one for each team).
(Just for fun, because I've got the feeling such mayhem would last for a looooong time!)

Any tip you'd like to share after your "4 teams test" (other than several balls in the game)?
Having one coach per team would be the natural way to do it, and with a free for all system instead of 2 vs 2. But as you say, this 2 vs 2 game with only two coaches took a long time, so prepare for it to take ages! With so many players on the table, getting a ball carrier through the corridors of the dungeon and in to score can be a very slow and gruelling process. In fact, if you want a 3+ team free for all game that wouldn't take all day, I might recommend setting a maximum of 6 players allowed in the dungeon from the same team at any one time. That should speed things up.
Axtklinge wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Priceless!

In my last dungeon bowl version of the game (Ogre bowl), one of the coaches had his ogre opening a chest, and exploding in his face two times in a row.
At his third attempt at the chests, he decided to throw (at another player) the closed chest instead of opening it.
He picked it up just fine, but fumbled the pass (twice with reroll), only to see it fall in the ground, open up, and (guess what) explode in his face again !!
That sounds fantastic! I still haven't tried throwing a chest with any of my big guys, but I look forward to trying it out sometime, it sounds like a really fun and useful option. Especially since it means that chests can still serve a role as projectile weapons even after the ball is found.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Latest: Some more work on the new team with the sculpted models. The Ogre is now WIP painted, and the Beastman is ready for undercoating. The beast suffers from a classic problem I have when sculpting human-sized models - they just get too big, sculpting them the right size is so hard. Compare him to his human team-mate below.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

The latest Ogre is now all painted.

Also, earlier in the thread I was asked by bound for glory if I could make another chainsaw wielding zombie for him - this is how the results turned out.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

can't wait to get it! thanks, lars!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

:lol:
The skellie has got a twin!!

The ogre is very cool, congrats!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Yay thank you. 8) The beastman is almost painted now too.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Any updates on this project?
A game report perhaps?

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Bump!

The crowd needs to be updated on this project!
:orc: