Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

Post by JT-Y »

barnacle111 wrote:Where did people see the orcs?
Googled up Necrom Studios to see what elsethey had and find out a bit more. The Orc team is ace. Only 2 variant linemen, but still really nice.
Link in the quote below.
Palomares wrote:According to the amazons breast size, most of you have shown your disagree in the comments. Now I see you want more realistic breasts, so I remodelled them all. Now there’s a variety of sizes, but keeping in head the realism. I have just replaced the pictures and gifs of the campaign with the new modifications, you can check how they look!

All my miniatures are in resin, you can view my catalogue here: http://www.necromstudio.com/en/
Much, much better. Seriously good job.
Strapped for cash right now, but I'll be watching this unttil the end and hopefully will have enough spare cash to back it in the new year.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Sorry mate. I like the Orcs, they look like Orcs playing football might look. These amazons do not look like a tribe of female sportswomen playing football, they look like jungle strippers.

Please, give them some sensible pants, some basic breast support and cover up the cleavage. I don't even care if they're attractive, so long as they're appropriately attired (or at least so we can make them look it with careful paint work). This dreadful portrayal of women in the miniatures market, and all the grim misogynistic leering that accompanies it, has got to stop. It's degrading and frankly utterly embarrassing.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

Love the poses (even though I think the kicking blitzer pose should be a lineman and the linewoman 1 should be a blitzer). The boobies are better now, but still too big, IMHO. My wife was a C playing sports in university and if she didn't tie those things back in a sports bra, people got hurt. There are still a couple of models with D's, and most are C's now -- they would still hurt people. :P

But, again, the poses are amazingly dynamic. Love the action they are showing -- great eye for realism.

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

Palomares wrote:According to the amazons breast size, most of you have shown your disagree in the comments. Now I see you want more realistic breasts, so I remodelled them all. Now there’s a variety of sizes, but keeping in head the realism. I have just replaced the pictures and gifs of the campaign with the new modifications, you can check how they look!

All my miniatures are in resin, you can view my catalogue here: http://www.necromstudio.com/en/
I think they look much better now, more realistic and it doesnt distract from the poses.
Shteve0 wrote:Sorry mate. I like the Orcs, they look like Orcs playing football might look. These amazons do not look like a tribe of female sportswomen playing football, they look like jungle strippers.

Please, give them some sensible pants, some basic breast support and cover up the cleavage. I don't even care if they're attractive, so long as they're appropriately attired (or at least so we can make them look it with careful paint work). This dreadful portrayal of women in the miniatures market, and all the grim misogynistic leering that accompanies it, has got to stop. It's degrading and frankly utterly embarrassing.
I think they're not that bad to be honest shteve, but I get your point. Considering that in the Lustrian jungles are very hot/humid and they wouldnt have any clothing manufacturing industusties to speak of I think theyre suitably attired. Similar to the lizardman team. They look like they have a bit of weight on them too so they could scrap it out with a str3 orc.

Ill have to see the final casts but I think these will be better than the GW Amazon team.

Kypt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Kypt »

I wasn't planning on getting an amazon team but I like what I see. Unfortunately due to christmas I can't really commit to the team until around January so I'll re-visit the thought at the time. Good job on the resculpts though!

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

they are definitely much more natural looking now.. still on the above average size, which is likely going to make this a harder purchase for some gamers to explain/justify/hide from their wives, but I think you're headed in the right direction..

I think the catchers may still be a little "top heavy" but the others look fine to me..

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Slinky wrote:Okay my wife has a DD Cup. I find her incredibly attractive. However if she plays sports she makes sure she has something that holds them in so to speak. These women would be physically injured playing with those cup sizes banging around as they are depicted in the images without ever needed to be tackled by an opponent.

I just really cannot get behind this team because all I see are breasts that are a complete joke which is sad because the rest of the figure composition has merit.
my wife is also a DOUBLE D lady. i like this team. the orcs are really good. i'll buy the because the look like wild women. i like the arm armor.

Rick Sanchez lives!
axiom

Post by axiom »

I read the thread, checked out the pics & wondered what all the fuss was about. Then I read that the current pics are the downsized versions. I like them, perhap.s the 1st amazon team that might tempt me to buy

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

velvet mark wrote:
Good idea. He could leave one with the big boobs as that could be her 'thing' , a subtle difference to the rest of the normal sized team.

Im thinking Big Jugs Julie on the wing etc

The Dark Elf stretch goal looks interesting too
Norse wrote:for the record, I would be OK if the blitzers were a C cup if the rest of the team were more athletic/B cup look... I think women with access to Strength skills should be "bigger" in general, but no where near as big as the first version..

great that the artist/sculptor is taking our feedback on board.. :D
Yeah that would be great. A simple and realistic way of diversifying the team without having to make uncohering padding which would make them too different. I'm voting "Velvet Mark"s idea though, to not make it a positional thing but totally random. Non of these girls are overweight so i dont think breast size would come more natural on blitzers for example, and it would'nt make them better at blitzing either.

Goldbaek is my hero
fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fanglord13 »

I am going to wait until after christmas to get on these, but I will get on!

GreedySmurf
Experienced
Experienced

Post by GreedySmurf »

I only just saw these today. Funny that my comments over on Ausbowl were similar to the early comments ones here. And these are reworked? Sorry the boobs (on these minis) are still far too big for me.

Otherwise I'd snap these girls up, the actual poses are good, and The 'uniforms' are good - the chest wrappings would be fine on ladies with A or B cups, but they would be popping out all over the place as modeled here. Shame really.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I agree. I'd love to get these, first Amazon figures I feel are worth buying, but they're still on the ridiculous side. :(

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Fully agree, still far too big.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

While I agree that boobs that big would need more support if you made them smaller the minis would look bottom heavy and we'd be talking about making the butts smaller to balance the mini better and that's ends with us having lithe supermodels playing Blood Bowl which only really works elfy types.

It's a fine line between realism, fluff balance and trying not to be horribly misogynistic. I love the fact that the sculptor took the feedback on board and made them more realistic in scale. I think it's much much better now and think the clothing is pretty accurate for a faux fantasy south american group.

ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ChenZhen »

I like the the kicking blitzer quite a bit. However, I echo the concerns that some have expressed.

If I picked these up, I would feel like "that guy" when playing them.

I think Amazons are a tough concept to balance. An interesting team in concept, but generally modeled up in a hyper sexualized / objectified manner.

I would love to see a savage, feral, and fearsome looking team. This team has elements of that, which I like, but the other elements wreck these for me.

I am sure that as is (or even before the update) they will find a market. As for me, I'll keep looking.