Custom Pitches - US$24 delivered Worldwide

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Alright guys, I'm going to try something here that's hopefully going to save people who want one of these mats a lot of hassle and fiddliness.

First, why I'm doing it this way.

1) I've had a few requests to customise these pitches with logos and colour pairs to match peoples leagues and teams. That takes time - more time than I originally allowed for, in some cases up to an hour for each pitch design. At the end of the day it's getting tough to justify giving away the additional time customisation entails, and I don't like to refuse to help out, not if I can.

2) allowing for multilayered pitches (as I've set them up at the moment) takes a lot longer still and means I need to split and upload each layer seperately as part of a kit set. That has to go through an approval process that can itself be pretty restrictive and not everything is accepted (generally I can't include logos in the template, I need to leave a slot for that open, etc).

3) the artscow customisation process leaves a bit to be desired - I'm acutely aware that some who have tried to customise their own have floundered a little or even given up because of the low resolution previews and the lack of decent instructions. Add to that, one false move but someone customising a pitch can easily change anything from the dimensions of the squares to the position of the logo relative to the field. I don't want that if I can avoid it.

4) browsing the options leave a lot to be desired. I'd like to make that simpler, a lot simpler.

So here's what I've come up with. I've opened up an artscow store which allows me to [more] easily and [more] quickly get personalised stuff up on the site for people, with a small price uplift attached. I'll continue doing custom pitches for people for free, and will load them up to this store for whoever wants a copy to purchase at their convenience. I'm not planning to take the ones already up on the original link down, so anyone who feels that the uplift is unfair is still welcome to use the files I've produced, for free, in customising their own mat, but for projects that need a bit more hands on support hopefully you'll agree a couple of bucks per ordered pitch is a reasonable ask on my part.

Further down this post is a link to the webstore, with the first files loaded up. Note that the first batch are NAF branded resources I made for inclusion in some draft rulebooks - I'm making those available for purchase immediately at the same pricing as all other pitches I'll add over the next week or so (and beyond, as requested), a result of the inflexible pricing structure of the store function. I wish to be clear that I have no intention whatsoever of profiting off the NAF name and image and so pledge that every cent I receive from the sale NAF products will be put directly into prize support at local NAF tournaments. Likewise I'll be providing a pitch design for a charity tournament and similarly will donate every cent I receive from those sales to a charity of the tournament organiser's nomination.

And so without further ado - please check out the new store at http://artscow.com/fantasyfootball

It's a bit spartan at the minute, but I have about a dozen new pitches to load next week from various requests and will try and bang through those on Monday morning. If you have an idea for a product or design you'd like to see me add to the store, or would like me to adapt a pitch in any size for your team or league, please do get in touch, I'll be very happy to add it. Just preferably not until the second batch is loaded up :)

Reason: ''
League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Custom Pitches - US$24 delivered Worldwide

Post by Chris »

Loaded up before deal runs out? :)

Love rubber templates, ideal for ECBBL pub games!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thats the idea! When does it expire, by the way? Has anyone loaded up the latest voucher?

Note the templates, dugouts and street pitches are more mousepad than doormat, though the one person I know who's got one of the street size is apparently very happy with the result

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Got a couple more loaded up today, but nowhere near as many as I hoped due to redecorating taking more time than I expected.

Keep an eye though - there are more coming!

Gninocker - saw your PM, will reply tomorrow, please bear with me :)

gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gninocker »

Will do.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Hi all!

I've had some requests for the best codes right now, so I've been digging and found a couple of possibilities I'll just post here.

Note I've not tested these but you'll be able to see how they come out before committing to your order!

Coupon Code: COFFEEBREAK
Expiry Date: 7 / 20 / 2015

Cheers :)

Steve

Edit: tested and broken code removed. Remaining code works!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

My apologies to all. It appears artscow have not only pulled my store, but also all store functionality on their site, a huge chunk of my designs and credits, and are now claiming that I'm a liar for saying they ever existed. Honestly, I put lot of work into this store and these designs, so to be treated the way I have by these people is pretty shocking.

Sorry to anyone who wanted one of these pitches and didn't get in in time. All I have left to say at this stage is, if you have some of the products from the store already, please enjoy it and share pics (I have no reason to believe that existing orders will not be honoured, so please don't worry excessively if you're waiting on a delivery); that I would discourage anyone who was considering paying even a cent to artscow, who make fine products but I now discover have some pretty terrible ethics; and that I'll absolutely keep looking for a way of making these pitches without needing to charge an arm and a leg.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Strange, what people do sometimes :-?
Anyways, thanks for the effort you put into this so far. I hope not all is lost and that you can recover all of it to put it out there again!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Too bad to read this. I am the happy owner of a door mat pitch :D and it looks great.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Magictobe wrote:Too bad to read this. I am the happy owner of a door mat pitch :D and it looks great.
+1

A damned crying shame....

They are perfect for our game....

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Thanks guys. I still have the files saved on my PC and they obviously can't delete those in a fit of childish spite, though I've obviously no plans to offer them through this particular provider.

Please keep your eyes peeled for an alternative provider and let me know if you see something suitable - I'll be on the hunt too.

In the meantime, feel free to share images of your pitch - I'd love to see some of them in action, its heartening to hear that those that received them are fans. Hopefully we can get up and running again soon! :)

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Why have they pulled them?

Annoying as I am still awaiting my replacement for the one that didn't arrive!

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

The only explanation I've had is that the designs and the store never existed. When I proved they did, they deleted all trace and called me a liar.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Probably want to update your sig Shteve0 to remove the artscow link.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Shteve0 wrote:Thanks guys. I still have the files saved on my PC....

In the meantime, feel free to share images of your pitch - I'd love to see some of them in action, its heartening to hear that those that received them are fans. Hopefully we can get up and running again soon! :)
You are more than welcome to put Lon Chaney Field (The Digger) on display here.... I'll try to get pics when I play, two weekends from now.... :orc:

Have you tried any post production markings on the fields? Would careful use of a permanent marker be ok, or would it just bleed everywhere?