NAF Tournament Stats

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

NAF Tournament Stats

Post by DoubleSkulls »

For you stats freaks like me... attached is a spreadsheet that shows all the NAF tournaments, when and where they were held, the number of NAF coaches playing (i.e. at least one NAF ranked game) along with a nice summary page showing the totals for each country by year.

It looks like, even with the World Cup and 484 coaches, this year is actually smaller than last. Perhaps the economy is taking its toll? Or perhaps we've peaked. So there are fewer tournaments with fewer attendances, that said there is still about 60% growth since 2007 which is enormous. The biggest areas of growth would seem to be France and Australia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: NAF Tournament Stats

Post by Darkson »

Ian, not sure if it's just I'm looking wrong, or if I'm looking at it correctly, I've noticed a few errors.

ARBBL Open 2008 2nd Coming is listed as 2011
ARBBL 2009 is listed as 2004
ARBBL 2011 is listed as 2009

Also noticed same sort of differences for Albion Coast Cup. The tourney date is correct, but the Year column is wrong.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Not in my version. Are you using Office 2007?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ah, that might be it then.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Try downloading the free OpenOffice...its free...runs MS Office files and always works....

"In Dodge We Trust"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Pug wrote:Try downloading the free OpenOffice...its free...runs MS Office files and always works....
I find Open Office doesn't perform well with Excel, even simple ones (it used to screw up my TT league table).

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:
Pug wrote:Try downloading the free OpenOffice...its free...runs MS Office files and always works....
I find Open Office doesn't perform well with Excel, even simple ones (it used to screw up my TT league table).
Open Office also screws with the Halfling Scribe Cook Book. At least for me and a few in my league it does anyway....

Anyways.... Always good to look at numbers and spreadsheets. :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb @ gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

lunchmoney wrote:Open Office also screws with the Halfling Scribe Cook Book. At least for me and a few in my league it does anyway....
You have to save the file in a particular format (straight away before it gets messed up). Cant remember which one without having a fiddle about though... try experimenting with a few logical but non-default save options.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

SillySod wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:Open Office also screws with the Halfling Scribe Cook Book. At least for me and a few in my league it does anyway....
You have to save the file in a particular format (straight away before it gets messed up). Cant remember which one without having a fiddle about though... try experimenting with a few logical but non-default save options.
I will point that out to my league players if/when they fall afoul again, cheers.

But I will continue to use Office XP which I didnt pirate years ago............. I dont advocate piracy in any form....... It seemed easier than having to fiddle with options :wink:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb @ gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95