Fan Factor or coaches and cheerleaders?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Would you take 2 FF or a coach and a cheerleader?

2 FF
20%
coach + cheerleader
65%
other (see post below)
15%

Total votes: 20

PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Fan Factor or coaches and cheerleaders?

Post by PeteW »

I got bored and so did some maths.

If your FF is the same as your opponents, then the chances of you getting FAME (-2 means oppo gets +2)
-2 = 17.2%
-1 = 27.4%
0 = 10.8%
+1 = 27.4%
+2 = 17.2%

If you have +1 FF on your opponent then it looks like this:
-2 = 9.6%
-1 = 24.6%
0 = 10.3%
+1 = 33.2%
+2 = 22.5%

And if you have 2 more than your opponent:
-2 = 4.6%
-1 = 19.9%
0 = 9.6%
+1 = 37.9%
+2 = 28%

So, if you had 20k left (and you absolutely couldn't spend it on players etc) based on this, would you take 2 FF or a coach and a cheerleadar? Also, bear in mind that a coaches and cheerleaders do not work on the throw a rock or pitch invasion results. (Discount evil halfling schemes in your decision please.)

Reason: ''
NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Fan Factor or coaches and cheerleaders?

Post by Da_Great_MC »

The lower Team Value, the more important re-roll denial becomes, the more I would lean towards Ass Coach & Cheerleader.

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Not good with the maths however, if you both roll dice the surely you have a 50/50 chance of getting the higher roll therefor fame?

So i'd got 1+1 as +1 to a D3 roll seems to be a greater gain than +2 to 2D6, also if you do get fame you're getting +2 to a D3 roll (+3 if your lucky and get fame 2) on each of the Kick off results

(dont matter to me, never have any cash left after players / re-rolls ect)

Good luck to everyone going to white Ilse by the way....

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

PeteW wrote:I got bored and so did some maths.
shocker.

I got bored reading your post so I did some maths of my own.

Assuming both coaches have 0 fame (not FF), the chance of brilliant coaching or cheering fans occurring and you gaining a re-roll of the result is 18.52%. If you have a coach and a cheerleader and your opponent has neither this is increased to 24.69%

And using Pete’s maths, if you have 2FF and your opponent has none the chance of of brilliant coaching or cheering fans occurring and you gaining a re-roll of the result is 20.9%

If you have +1 fame the chance of throw a rock occurring and your +1 fame affecting the result is only 1.70%.

I'd take the coaching staff.

I have the con.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Jimjimjimany wrote:
PeteW wrote:I got bored and so did some maths.
shocker.

I got bored reading your post so I did some maths of my own.

.....so the answer is....upgrade a lino ??

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

i seem to recall having a similar problem with 20k on a human list, and i believe that glow gave em the same advice back then. worked perfectly, and far better than the alternative.

of course there will be scenarios where you already have full positionals, but those are few and far between.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

nazgob wrote:i seem to recall having a similar problem with 20k on a human list, and i believe that glow gave em the same advice back then. worked perfectly, and far better than the alternative.

of course there will be scenarios where you already have full positionals, but those are few and far between.
Me....good advice, ask Buggritt about Break Tackle on his Snowtroll :wink: (oh for the days before Yhetee's like last month!!)

Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

I would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS take the FF, because gaining Fame/denying +2 opponent fame will come into play during the pitch invasion/throw a rock.

Even though it's a 1/12 for one of those 2 results, I'm not a huge re roll burner so I would really rather prevent losing/drawing a game because of those 2 KO results than risk losing/gaining a reroll.

If you have +2 FF over your opponent, that means if they roll 12, you would need to roll 2/3 for them to get +2 FAME, and trust me, when they're trying to roll 5's instead of 4's on an Invasion you feel a whole lot better.

Mr 1-in-20