The ACC - Favourite Memories

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

The ACC - Favourite Memories

Post by Blocknroll »

Im looking for people's favourite memories of times they've taken part in The Albion Coast Cup.
With 6 tourneys run, the first back in 2004 there's a fair chance you've been, and you had a great time.
Whether its a story of a game you played, the evening out, a spectacularly painted team you saw, please post your memories here

I will include some on the blog http://albioncoastcup.blogspot.com/

To get the ball rolling:

The 2009 ACC was my first ever tournament, having not played BB for maybe 15 years.
I got the wooden spoon with a 0/2/3 record (three defeats on day one!) :)
Pug was my first opponent and his orc team (which won best painted) was the finest thing I'd ever seen, and he was the perfect opponent for someone as nervous about it all as I was, friendly, amusing and really patient with my noob ways.
I'll also never forget Lemf's breakfast - it involved Guiness, and not much else.

Reason: ''
"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
belafon
Rookie
Rookie

Re: The ACC - Favourite Memories

Post by belafon »

Memories of 2009 or 10...well

2009, turning up in a wheelchair ...month after major surgery .....then finding out had to descend 40 stairs on one leg heheh ..basically trapped in the garden for 2 days.

4 islanders and their first tournement aboard .....walked away with most cas using my Khemri and thier killer blows...apo Cockerel (steve) a spot prize, lemf and his famous fellowship fest and losing 5 games overnite and then his breakfast special on sunday..... making lots of new friends...game results dunno wiill have to check the stack of paperwork :-?

2010......only islander there, due to so many great gigs on the island that weekend

my norse bashing the meat of nearly eveyone, still on crutches, spending the whole weekend on the top table, only being knocked out of 1st place in the last game, reduced to 3rd by sillysod by a touchdown (boo hiss)..think the score was 3 wins/ a draw to a lovely lady/ and lose to horrible choas dwarfs

Bring on 2011 !!! :evil:

MOI......is innocent
(hides blooded crutches)
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Well 2010 was my first ACC, and the first ever Tourny for the missus, Tempest. Hmm good times.... I will long remember the look on Lycos' face when by turn 2 there were 3 Chaos Dwarfs in the dead box. My Mummies were on form. He still beat me 1-0.
Then at the end of the weekend I'm on for most CAS, Mattwhile catches up, blocks Gazza's Mummy........ Armour Break......... pulse racing......... STUN!!!!!! I take most CAS award as I only took 5, Matt took 6. So close :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb @ gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Has to be 2006. 1st UK (and Rest of the World?) LRB5 tourney, after spending months, if not years, decrying the state of BB after the LRB5 changes, I end up winning it (see Galak, told you there was something wrong with LRB5 :wink: ).

Of course, the 5-0 win against Geggster sticks in the mind for some reason... :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

2009 - the wind blowing a load of people's figures off the board, before we moved up the steps.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Has to be the 'never-ending' final of 2005. Geggster vs Indigo, Dwarves vs. Amazons. They ground out a lengthy draw in game 5 then played the final in game 6....it went on and on... everybody else finished....on and on... everybody else packed up.... on and on.... all the other tables and chairs cleared away... on and on....VB 'shushing' the bored bystanders... on and on... Lycos doing Suduko.... on and on....

+ LouisX astonishment in The Hobbit 2004 that English pubs have walk-in seafood vendors... :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

I was in a pub a few doors down from The Hobbit a few weeks ago with V_B and we saw that self-same sea-food vendor!
I didnt feel the urge to touch his cockles.... :lol:

"People we have been given a gift, we have been given a role and that role's name is Blocknroll" - Nuffle Gave Blocknroll To You
2009-2022
Blocknroll
I'm Alan Partridge

Post by Blocknroll »

a favourite memory or two have made their way to the blog, as has a hall of fame and a few other bits.
I'd bookmark it or get the rss feed if i were you ;)
www.albioncoastcup.blogspot.com

nice :)

2009-2022
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

A few from me:
I cant recall the year, but a good memory I have is when a load of us came back to my house and we played Man O war on the Sunday night. Sputnik & Woody were on one side, challenging a number of others. That may have been the year Darkson won thinking about it.

The back2back games of Indi & Geggster.... oh God, that was ridiculous. I still rib Indi about that these days.

Sillysod getting absolutely trashed on the fellowship that he didnt seem to know where he was, who he was or just about anything. All in about 3 hours.

The year we played outside when it rained and the wind was blowing like mad... plastic figures were moving across the board on their own.

The first year was probably my best personal memory for two reasons. (wow it was my third ever tournament.... that is like 105 tournaments ago. That is 560 NAF games ago. )
I played a guy with Dwarves from the IOW and I had 2 turns and 3 gutter runners left - everything else dead or KO. All had to be on the LOS, & I sent one of each in range on either side and the other back to get the ball in T7. Then T8 pass to marked GR and dodged out from Tzs to score. Utterly ridiculous but lesson learnt - AG teams can score in the most unbelieveable situations.
So much so, a game or so later I scored 7 against a High Elf team. Still the record number of TDs I have ever scored in any game at any time. Friendly, tournament or league, I have never matched that.

TFF mod team
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Lycos wrote:A few from me:
I cant recall the year, but a good memory I have is when a load of us came back to my house and we played Man O war on the Sunday night. Sputnik & Woody were on one side, challenging a number of others. That may have been the year Darkson won thinking about it.
Yep - also the year VB got lost on the drive back from Reading to Southampton via Andover. Still don't agree it was my directions...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Since I posted that Si,- it made me go find the pictures I took that night and I have found them. How can I post pictures on this site? Jeepers, 5 yrs ago....

TFF mod team
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Lycos wrote:A few from me:
It was. I won the wooden spoon. Actually I didn't, there was no such 'award', I merely came last. Sometime after the tourney finshed (not to mention a good few miles away and in an entirely different county), it was thoughtful of you to take one from your kitchen draw, write on it with a marker, sneak up and present it to me through a window! (It's still on my 'trophy/memorabilia shelf!) :lol:

And the Man O War... I spent quite a few turns fighting the wind getting my Bretonnian line into the perfect position to deliver the text book game winning broadside, only to suffer a ludicrously bad round of dice. Summed up the weekend's luck! Good times. :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Lycos wrote:Since I posted that Si,- it made me go find the pictures I took that night and I have found them. How can I post pictures on this site? Jeepers, 5 yrs ago....
Easiest way is to host them on Photobucket and link to them.

5 years ago - I was a spring chicken - closer to 30 than 40...

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Darkson wrote:
Lycos wrote:Since I posted that Si,- it made me go find the pictures I took that night and I have found them. How can I post pictures on this site? Jeepers, 5 yrs ago....
Easiest way is to host them on Photobucket and link to them.

5 years ago - I was a spring chicken - closer to 30 than 40...

never! :o

"In Dodge We Trust"
lemf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by lemf »

Durrrhhh!! Remember wow that would be tough.
But there were some good games I am sure and why did I have to finish all the pints on the penultimate round of the fellowship too many of you did not like it :(
So the first ACC was as a spectator in 2008 and I had to drive then so I do remember meeting a few of you but time dims that memory also.
Perhaps more beer will revive me.

2011?

Cheers