Coal Bowl at Tabletop Republic Lancaster - 7th December 2024

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Forgotmytea
Experienced
Experienced

Coal Bowl at Tabletop Republic Lancaster - 7th December 2024

Post by Forgotmytea »

Season's greetings and happy non-denominational festivities all! While yes, as the song goes, the weather outside is frightful - but that won't stop determined coaches playing Blood Bowl! I'll be hosting a small relaxed tournament on the 7th December at the wonderful Tabletop Republic in Lancaster, using the matched play rules (below). It will be NAF ranked, and I'm sure we'll be going out for a festive drink or two afterwards :D

When and where?

7th December 2024, at Tabletop Republic in Lancaster. I've copied the address below - it's right opposite the bus station, and maybe 10-15 minutes leisurely walk from the train station. We'll open registration at 9:30am, with game 1 kicking off 10am to 12.15pm; a break for lunch from 12.15pm to 1pm; then game 2 1pm to 3.15pm, and game 3 3.20pm to 5.35pm before the awards at 5.45pm.

3-5 Damside Street
Lancaster
Lancashire
LA1 1PD

How much and who do I pay?
£12, by PayPal to forgotmytea@gmail.com please, and if you could include your NAF name and number that'd be great. There'll be a trophy for first place, with one of those snazzy new event boxes full of dice to distribute as spot prizes too.

Alright, I'm in! What's the rule set?
We'll be using the Games Workshop matched play rules, so you'll have 1,200,000 gold pieces to spend on your team. All teams released up to the day will be legal, so this includes NAF teams like Slaan; Spike!-released teams like Gnomes and Chaos Dwarves; and anything else Games Workshop releases over the next few months!

When it comes to inducements, inducements from the Season 2 rule book and Deathzone can be purchased - apart from special play cards, mercenaries, and wizards.

Skills are divvied up by tier, and we'll be using the latest GW Designers Commentary for team tiers (as here)

Tier 1 teams: 6 Skills Points, 1 secondary skill allowed, 1 Star available
Tier 2 teams: 8 Skills Points, 2 secondary skills allowed, 2 Stars available
Tier 3 teams: 10 Skills Points, 3 secondary skills allowed, 2 Stars available

A Primary Skill costs one Skill Point and a Secondary Skill costs 2 Skill Points. No player may stack skills, and star players cannot be given skills (they've got enough already!).

If you're taking a star player, there is a skill point tax of 2 skill points per normal star player and 4 skill points for a megastar. And, even though it's Christmas season, you're still only allowed one megastar per roster you filthy degenerates ;)

How do I sign up?
We'll be using TourPlay and you can sign up here, so you can have fun creating and deleting different team ideas which will subsequently spam my poor inbox with notifications. Final date for roster submissions will be the 6th December.

And what do I need to bring?

Just your good self, a painted team with models that clearly represent each player, and a smart phone or other internet-enabled device. There's free wifi in the shop.

Registered coaches:
1. Forgotmytea
2. Waldorf
3. Firebreather
4. Widram
5. tax-e-cab

Reason: ''