Three Die Block - Blood Bowl Podcast

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Re: Three Die Block - Blood Bowl Podcast

Post by SunDevil »

Jonny_P wrote:
SunDevil wrote:Whose thread is this?!?! :)

A traveling trophy sounds awesome! Jonny, when you are doing Chaos Cup trophies next year, let us know and we and BD could pitch in for the podcast trophy!
Will do!
Can it be one with a small base and room to add the names each year? Can we get it etched with 2012 - Three Die Block and 2013 - Both Down? I would say go ahead and add 2014 - Three Die Block but Both Down might not want to pay half of that! :)

Seriously Jonny, see what this would run and 3DB will pay half! In the years to come, the loser should have to pay for the winner's name to be etched in it. :P

Reason: ''
This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Enjoyed the last episode guys!

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

I'm halfway done with the new ep... enjoying the interview with Jimmy.

I've noticed that Drew says 'Pub' and 'Mates', and Jimmy says 'Bar' and 'Friends'. Found that interesting. :)

Let me look into the trophies and see what kind of stuff we can get for the top. I'll email you guys on the side to discuss more.

I wonder if there is a way to have an ongoing podcast challenge to give us a chance. For example if Xtreme and I make it out to Three Die Brawl or Orclahoma Bowl, could we be eligible? That may not work if both those tournaments the respective podcast hosts are also running and not playing tho!

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Jonny_P wrote:I'm halfway done with the new ep... enjoying the interview with Jimmy.

I've noticed that Drew says 'Pub' and 'Mates', and Jimmy says 'Bar' and 'Friends'. Found that interesting. :)

Let me look into the trophies and see what kind of stuff we can get for the top. I'll email you guys on the side to discuss more.

I wonder if there is a way to have an ongoing podcast challenge to give us a chance. For example if Xtreme and I make it out to Three Die Brawl or Orclahoma Bowl, could we be eligible? That may not work if both those tournaments the respective podcast hosts are also running and not playing tho!
I bet we could work up a series or something to be 'completed' at Chaos Cup! For the Brawl, we can always pick a 3DB team from the available coaches. And either Drew or I (or both) will always play because we know fans want to come and beat us on the pitch for our terrible BB advice! Do Finley and ODG both run Orclahoma and neither plays?

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

SunDevil wrote:Do Finley and ODG both run Orclahoma and neither plays?
With Orclahoma Bowl now becoming Orclahoma Weekend, where we run Orclahoma Bowl on Saturday and Spikey Cup on Sunday, the plan is that one of us run's an event while the other plays. So we both get to play a Tournament for that weekend.

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

Three Die Block #94: Chaos Cup 2013 & Wood Elves 3.5

(1:57:47) On this episode, Chance and Drew recap their experiences at Chaos Cup 2013. Then, they respond to some listener feedback about the Wood Elves 3.0 episode. Finally, they give their predictions for this season's local leagues and cover some topics in Cheering Fans.

Time: Segment:
0:00:43 Introductions
0:04:29 Chaos Cup 2013
1:20:35 Wood Elves 3.5
1:25:42 League Standings
1:46:13 Cheering Fans

3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Post by siggyllama »

Spoiler alert! If you enjoy the drama of the Critical Hit Bowl episodes, you might want to skip this one....

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

siggyllama wrote:Spoiler alert! If you enjoy the drama of the Critical Hit Bowl episodes, you might want to skip this one....
If someone *really* wanted to know, they could just go look it up on their team-tracking website.... ;)

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

Just listened... great episode guys. Some notes:

-Thanks for the kind words about me and my staff for Chaos Cup. Happy you guys made it back again!

-I'm glad you brought up the Podcast Challenge & Trophy. Looking forward to more discussion from the stuff we talked about in our last episode (rules, name, etc)

-I actually do appreciate the comment about the 2013 CC Dice. I honestly never thought about them as not being uniform, and after I designed that one, it ended up being my favorite. Could I ask, was in the asymmetrical approach to it that turns you off? Just curious.

-I had hoped Tom and Impact came to CC 2012 and due to scheduling he couldn't, so yes I was so happy to have him setup a mini-con style booth in the corner. He always has an open invite from me as the longest running Chaos Cup sponsor!

-As for Medieval Times again... it's quite possible. I've kicked around some other ideas like an arcade, or paintball, but MT is easy to get to and relatively easy to arrange. I'll add your vote to the list for next year!

-Magnus, Ivan, Steve.

-Drew bringing up the movie Junior was outstanding.

-It would be truly awesome Chance if you went to the NAFC last year and covered it.

-No He-Man talk? My only complaint. :-?

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Jonny_P wrote: -Thanks for the kind words about me and my staff for Chaos Cup. Happy you guys made it back again!
They were richly deserved. The event was just superb from start to finish!
Jonny_P wrote:-I'm glad you brought up the Podcast Challenge & Trophy. Looking forward to more discussion from the stuff we talked about in our last episode (rules, name, etc)
This WILL happen because I am super-competitive. :P
Jonny_P wrote:-I actually do appreciate the comment about the 2013 CC Dice. I honestly never thought about them as not being uniform, and after I designed that one, it ended up being my favorite. Could I ask, was in the asymmetrical approach to it that turns you off? Just curious.
I like the Slaanesh fine but I REALLY liked the Nurgle and Khorne dice. Asymmetry or not, I just want them to look like a set. I've loved all the color choices though I liked the texture a bit better on the Khrone/Nurgle as well. The Nurgle are some of my all-time favorite diced actually. I just like things to fit into a set. :)
Jonny_P wrote:-I had hoped Tom and Impact came to CC 2012 and due to scheduling he couldn't, so yes I was so happy to have him setup a mini-con style booth in the corner. He always has an open invite from me as the longest running Chaos Cup sponsor!
Awesome, thumbs up to this!
Jonny_P wrote:-As for Medieval Times again... it's quite possible. I've kicked around some other ideas like an arcade, or paintball, but MT is easy to get to and relatively easy to arrange. I'll add your vote to the list for next year!
Paintball would also work - I'm just kicking myself for not planning ahead last time. :)
Jonny_P wrote:-Magnus, Ivan, Steve.
It sure ain't Chance or Drew. :)
Jonny_P wrote:-Drew bringing up the movie Junior was outstanding.
He and I are stupidly obsessed with dumb movies and trivia. I loves me some 80s but Drew doesn't limit himself to one decade!
Jonny_P wrote:-It would be truly awesome Chance if you went to the NAFC next year and covered it.
Just cleared another hurdle as I successfully got my school calendar rearranged to accommodate the dates. Now for th emoney, which I have a plan for as well...and NO it is not a Kickstarter! :P
Jonny_P wrote:-No He-Man talk? My only complaint. :-?
I'd do a MOTU-=cast if I could but I fear BB coaches eyes glazing over if I get into it on 3DB. Maybe I will try to find some spots here and there.

Speaking of 3DB (imagine that, in this thread) we apologize for the delay. Craig is so much busier now than he used to be with his new wife and his job. I can safely say we will no longer be doing three Critical Bowls per year, might drop down to one. That just means BOTH DOWN needs to get off their ginger rumps and do one as well! I am available to consult for the low low price of FREE!

We are actually planning our next episode and will probably record before the Critical Bowl ep drops. So do not quote me but there may be TWO 3DB eps dropping at the same time!

Thanks to everyone who continues to listen, to write in (though more is always better!), and otherwise supports the show!

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

2013 3DB Holiday ep recorded last night and should drop Monday...you've been warned... :P

Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

NEW EPISODE!
Three Die Block #96: White Elephant Gifts & Magic Items
0:00:44 - Introduction (& Goblin Rant!)
0:12:26 - Holiday Special: White Elephant Gifts for all the teams
0:49:17 - House of Cards: Magic Items
1:05:30 - Local League Standings
1:17:07 - Cheering Fans (& Figure Contest results!)
1:36:55 - End
#BloodBowl

http://threedieblock.libsyn.com/three-d ... agic-items

3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Thanks Nod!

We were very happy to get back in the studio! Look for at least a bit more 3DB before the holidays!

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Nod_Hero wrote: 0:12:26 - Holiday Special: White Elephant Gifts for all the teams
Those team rosters were fun, I did a few exactly like that or similar back in the lrb4 days and some other deliberately weak teams when questing to fill the LRB4 grid.

Undead with only ghouls and skellies
No Saurus Lizardman team
Dwarfless Chaos Dwarfs
No mummy Khemri
Wolf and Golem free Necros that spent spare cash on cheerleaders and coaches
Orcs that only use 4 goblins, 6 lineorcs, a troll and the occasional goblin star
Dwarfs that pass with longbeards

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Fist of Gales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fist of Gales »

Really liked the white elephant rosters. Did seem like you guys kinda let the wood elves slide a bit at the end.

Here is my Woodelf White Elephant Roster:

10 - Linemen (700k)
1 - Treeman - (120k)

for 820,000k

This should give you room to Induce the Dryad Willow Rosebark. It would be woodelves with the emphasis on the Wood!

TL