How To Begin.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Eastwood

How To Begin.

Post by Eastwood »

Quick question here, what is the best team for a semi-newb to start with? By semi-newb I mean I have played Blood Bowl before, having used a Chaos team and a Lizardman team of a friends, doing rather well. (Slaughtered him with Chaos, lost with Lizardmen.)
But what do you think would be best? After all, you are grizzled veterans, you know best. :smoking:

Reason: ''
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Orcs or humans are the best teams to learn with. Both are reasonably just being either side of the power/flair divide. Humans are probably more forgiving (more skills and higher move) if you make a mistake while Orcs are so resilient they can take an awful lot of punishment before falling apart.

The best team to coach in the long run is the one that suits your style of play. Like playing fast and fluid then its probably elves etc.

Ian

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Humans are a good team to start with, they have no great weaknesses or great strengths (sort of middle of the road), but good to use to get familier with the game.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Nermal
Veteran
Veteran

best team for new players

Post by Nermal »

definatly orc or human.

thay are good solid squads. good move str dex and armour.

very middle of the road. i have used orcs several times and tend to favour them over humans as i prefer the extra str and like a heavy blocking game :evil:

once you are used to the game and you know your preferences than move to a team that represents those more. :)

or you may want to challange yourself by playing a team that goes against your skills just to see if you can play that way, you may find that doing so will help you defend against these teams in the future :wink:

Rolling Thunder
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

When I was a newb I just picked a team that had nice minis and learned to play them well.

I think that the most important thing is to have a team you like the look of - it neednt' be the best looking team, but if you hate the figs you'll never get the closeness to your team required to be good with them. Seriously: daft as it may sound, I think you need to be concerned about your players!

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
stone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stone »

I would urge you to try out different teams. I personally like to have various teams to play with. Although I know players that have only one favorite team and they stick to it no matter what...