pitch invasion

Moderator: TFF Mods

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

pitch invasion

Post by valedictor »

If i roll a pitch invasion result on the kickoff table and some of the injury results are 'stunned', do these players have to go to the reserves dugout, (like they do when they get stunned after being pushed into the crowd) or do they stay on the pitch, stunned, face down?

Cheers, John 8)

Reason: ''
neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

on the pitch stunned.

Cam...
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cam... »

Chaps

I personally don't like this option on the kick-off chart and we banned it from our local league. Instead the team winning the roll gets to choose an alternative from the list. This seems too unbalanced and can spoil an evening's entertainment, especially when you high costing-low supported High Elves have no chance of winning the roll and are already taking casualties from a bunch of cheapy, well loved Orcs. Look forward to being pursuaded otherwise though.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I agree with the last point. I too am sick of Elves being bullied by a load off ugly opposing fans. :pissed:

I think I will put this rule change to the other coaches in my league to see what they think.

Cheers mate. :P

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

I just rolled this in my league game, and luckily we tied the roll, so we each had players get hurt.

This is how it should be anyways... Why not just have each side roll the d6 to see how many of their players are hurt. Why should it only be one team that suffers the pitch invasion? If all players are on the pitch shouldn't they each have an equal chance of being hurt?

I think that being able to pick your own kickoff result is a little unbalanced, maybe getting to re-roll is better.

Just my .02

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

stunned on the pitch, perfect foul victims

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

I'm of the opinion it cuts both ways. Whenever I take an elf team I always take the maximum fan factor as a matter of priority. Simply because you can't buy it later in the season.

The possibility of getting get the ref or pitch invasion is not hidden. It's there before you even create your team. When you take a low fan factor you have to be aware that's the risk you are taking. Saying that the result is unfair every time you get caught out is a bit of a cop out.

I took quite a bit of stick for taking a high fan factor for the tulip tournament. I'd lost a tournament before due to 2 back to back pitch invasions in my last two games (6 players then 5 players) and was determined not to let it happen again.

In that tournament I got a first kickoff pitch invasion against Norse - which pretty much sealed me the game - and several get-the-ref results throughout the tournament (I didn't use them to foul, but they point was people couldn't use them to foul me).

The lesson to be learned when you get hit by a pitch invasion is that you should have taken more fan factor, not that you should houserule to remove it from the game.

My 0.02 South Pacific Pesos

Marcus

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Let pitch invasion. I play HE, and this is a part of the game.
This is risky but, hey that's BLOODBOWL, and the crowd wants to play sometimes.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/