Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

bunnygirl4557
Rookie
Rookie

Poo Bowl 2 Banter

Post by bunnygirl4557 »

OK then Boys.

In less than a week, someone will be holding a much coveted Golden Poo in their hands.

Someone will also have won Poobowl 2008.

Lets have a look at the runners and riders.

Valen
Last year's winner. The big man has taken a few trophies over the past 18 months and must be there or thereabouts. However, Gavin likes a drink, and with it being 4 games on Saturday, could a drunken Gav be an easy opponent (aka chump) by game 4?

Lycos
The epitomy of consistency, the NAF prez never turns in a bad tourney. Finally lost his stabilisers, taking a big tournament by winning The Spiky Open last year (would have been a different story if he'd played me obviously). Rumour has it he is taking Undead. Must be watched.

Pippy
The tallest man in Bloodbowl had a good season last year, winning the Waterbowl, Tritex Open and coming in runner up at the Troll Bowl (Note I didn't play at any of them), he definitely has it all on paper. He is renowned for playing Pippy Bowl, a style of play where he not so much grinds the opposition into the dirt but bores them under the table. Don't expect Flash Harry moves with this man, but a solid show is guaranteed.

Pete W
Pete W popped his tournament cherry at the Poo Bowl last year, then went on to win the biggest one of them all - The BLOODBOWL! Pete is the big cheese on Fumbbl. But can he hold his form in the table top arena? Rumour has it he has scared off his arch nemesis Geoff Porrit from attending. So far it's (3/0/0) to Pete. Is Geoff going to rise to the challenge - our survey says... ? :wink:

Blitzwing
Luke has been the champion of the ECBBL many times and was Pearly Kings and Queens champion 2 years running. The quiet man of bloodbowl certainly has the skills. But a niggling feeling tells me a black shirt aint gonna take home the Poo this year!

Odium Khan
The Swede was runner up here last year. Cool, calm, collected. Like his fellow countryman, Sven, Mike is a steely tactition. Did second place leave him wanting more glory?? Be wary.

Kithor
Efficient, consistent and confident, of course he is, he's German after all. Alex is coming all the way from Deutschland for this, and I think there is a good chance that the Big Prize will be taking a trip over the water. Germany's finest is here boys - be warned!

So here is my prediction for the top 5 finish.

1st Pippy
2nd Kithor
3rd Lycos
4th Luke
5th Valen

With a lot of newcomers keen on finding out just what's inside the Bumper Fun Bags of Poo, I could be wronger than Ann Widdecombe in cycling shorts. :puke:

See you all at the weekend!

Hxxx

Reason: ''
Robbed of the title by a boy!
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

So you think it will be an overseas winner (Kithor) or an oversize winner (yours truly) :wink:

hmmm...

Thanks for the kind words :oops: :oops: . I'll give it my best shot.

All good stuff though, made me laugh :D

Luke's (Blitzwing) a good bet I'd say. Seems like he's due a tourney win. But then again can he perform outside the capital...? :wink: :D

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Thanks for the kind words :wink:

It's hard to make any predictions in that tough field - everyone can win the tournament.8)
And I will play some "living" team at the weekend so don't put a lot pressure on me. :wink: :lol:

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

I think PeteW could be a good shout. He's playing dark elves this time I think, so could be interesting up the top end.

Blitzwing
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Blitzwing »

Pippy wrote:Luke's (Blitzwing) a good bet I'd say. Seems like he's due a tourney win. But then again can he perform outside the capital...? :wink: :D
Yep, I'm sure I'll be intimidated as soon as I step off the train and see the bright lights of Loughborough. Will be using my Khemri this weekend, am looking forward to it :)

Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Poo Bowl 2 Banter

Post by Wightlord »

bunnygirl4557 wrote:
Pippy
The tallest man in Bloodbowl had a good season last year, winning the Waterbowl, Tritex Open and coming in runner up at the Troll Bowl (Note I didn't play at any of them), he definitely has it all on paper. He is renowned for playing Pippy Bowl, a style of play where he not so much grinds the opposition into the dirt but bores them under the table. Don't expect Flash Harry moves with this man, but a solid show is guaranteed.

Hxxx
I played Pippy twice this weekend just gone. Can I have a bye from experiencing "Pippy Bowl" this weekend as well? :wink:

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger
Pipey

Post by Pipey »

btw...
bunnygirl4557 wrote:Rumour has it he [PeteW] has scared off his arch nemesis Geoff Porrit from attending. So far it's (3/0/0) to Pete. Is Geoff going to rise to the challenge - our survey says... ? :wink:
... :lol:

Porritt's coming, he just doesn't quite realise it yet... :wink:

Pipey

Post by Pipey »

Wightlord wrote: I played Pippy twice this weekend just gone. Can I have a bye from experiencing "Pippy Bowl" this weekend as well? :wink:
You love it matey :D

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Poritt is coming, I dont believe it he is scared.

And I want more poo

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Also Harriet, do you not remember last years final game, you had to shout at me and Woody to play our final game 30 minutes as we were downstairs drinking, and I won, so you see, the more booze the better I play, FEED THE GAV :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

There are many things in this fine life to be encouraged.....
Valen wrote: FEED THE GAV :lol: :lol: :lol:
This, however, is not one of them.

TFF mod team
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Oh, and another thing, I am rubbish with Undead. :o

TFF mod team