GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Re: GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

Post by necrosis »

I would say the term witch implies female.

but i am still advocating a drow themed team, (d&d fluff appearance) It fits perfectly with predominately/all female or mixed gender and there are plenty of pieces of art around the place with ideas for the scantily clad and heavy armour.

Maybe it is just me, but drow have always been my favourite Dark Elves. I always paint dark elves drow colours even GW ones. We already have a GW fluff team from GW, albeit I know it can be improved upon and there are already plenty of 'sexy' all female teams, e.g shadowforge's wicked elves. A good drow team would be a mix of both.. more females than normal and appropriate use of themed evil spider/web armour so it would work as just a normal GW dark elf too.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

inkpwn wrote:Who's fluff are we following now? Old BB or current GW?
Both.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
TheDoctor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDoctor »

necrosis wrote:but i am still advocating a drow themed team, (d&d fluff appearance) It fits perfectly with predominately/all female or mixed gender and there are plenty of pieces of art around the place with ideas for the scantily clad and heavy armour.

Maybe it is just me, but drow have always been my favourite Dark Elves. I always paint dark elves drow colours even GW ones. We already have a GW fluff team from GW, albeit I know it can be improved upon and there are already plenty of 'sexy' all female teams, e.g shadowforge's wicked elves. A good drow team would be a mix of both.. more females than normal and appropriate use of themed evil spider/web armour so it would work as just a normal GW dark elf too.
So +1! I've been looking for a drow-ish Dark Elf team for years now. And I think a well-sculpted Dark Elf team that is not in some way cheesy or goofy or salacious (well, not too salacious :wink: ) would be bought by a whole lot of players even if they don't know or care about d&d drow because there is no such team out there at the moment.

This thread and all the response to it definetly shows that there is a high demand for a decent DE team.

Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

Pardon me for being clueless, but what do you guys mean exactly when discussing "drow" themes? How is it different from what's out there now?

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by necrosis »

Lunchab1es wrote:Pardon me for being clueless, but what do you guys mean exactly when discussing "drow" themes? How is it different from what's out there now?
Drow is the term used to refer to dark elves used in Dungeons and Dragons since the late 70s. Generally speaking in DnD they live in the Underdark, have black/dark grey skin and pale hair. They worship the spider demon goddess called Lloth and their society is matriarchal, primarily run by Lloth Priestesses, with males having a lower class or even in some cases being slaves. Since first being introduced they have appeared in many DnD novels and the like. By drow themed i mean use of spider emblems and things on their armour.

I sent a lot of links to pictures to Greebo (l am living in hope)

Lloth
http://darkgift.ru/images/drow/lloth.jpg

Some misc drow pics.. just did a quick search i am sure there is better examples out there.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs16/i/2008/ ... cis001.jpg

http://paizo.com/image/content/SecondDa ... 3-Drow.jpg

http://paizo.com/image/content/SecondDa ... heDrow.jpg

http://69.8.198.251/dnd/images/mm4_gallery/98684.jpg

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/DrowU ... 104486.jpg

http://lazarusreturns.deviantart.com/ar ... d-33719958

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SQYlEyLDq1g/S ... h/drow.jpg

Link to art from the recent source book

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dn ... 09a&page=1

robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

I think the buzz word i want to see in this team is 'sinister' the dark elves aren't nice. I want a team that shows this, not another leather and whips team. Also not really interested in a female only team, as mentioned elswhere it'll make it harder to differenciate between witches and other positions. also no boobs out and thongs, i'm a 31 year old male if i wan't to see boobs i won't be digging out a 28mm figurine to get my fix! I wan't something sleek, and sinister, with a nice dynamic look (this does not mean cartwheeling or handstanding)

anyways just my 2p's worth.

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
kaan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kaan »

Try to make the chests less obvious without doing away with them completely.

Something like the chest of this woman:

http://flappergirlcreations.files.wordp ... =450&h=435

darktremere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by darktremere »

+1 on the mixed gender team, just stay away from the Shadowforge approach to female characters, make them look evil and able to inflict great amounts of pain.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

darktremere wrote:just stay away from the Shadowforge approach to female characters, make them look evil and able to inflict great amounts of pain.
Isn't that just female in general? :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
darktremere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by darktremere »

Darkson wrote:
darktremere wrote:just stay away from the Shadowforge approach to female characters, make them look evil and able to inflict great amounts of pain.
Isn't that just female in general? :wink:
Yeah, but I think the male team players should also look evil able to inflict pain. :D

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Lunchab1es wrote:Pardon me for being clueless, but what do you guys mean exactly when discussing "drow" themes? How is it different from what's out there now?
Read R A Salvatore "Dark elf trilogy"! trust me, you'll enjoy it and learn all about Drow society in one go!!

(definately the best drow novels out there)

necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by necrosis »

glowworm wrote:
Read R A Salvatore "Dark elf trilogy"! trust me, you'll enjoy it and learn all about Drow society in one go!!

I can second this

Darkson Designs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Darkson Designs »

necrosis wrote:
glowworm wrote:

I can second this
+3

TheDoctor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDoctor »

glowworm wrote:

Or play some of the old D&D PC games out there (if you're not easily put off by outdated graphics that is :wink: ). Esp. "Baldur's Gate 2" and "Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark" storylines contained a lot of drow stuff.

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

darktremere wrote: just stay away from the Shadowforge approach to female characters.
+1

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!