Nazgob's painting blog - Long time coming

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Nazgob's painting blog

Post by nazgob »

Well here he is. There is some touching up that needs doing, and some small details (like armour straps) that haven't been painted yet, but he's mostly there. Hopefully, if you look at the picture above, you'll see how he fits into the team.

and here's a little something I'm working on. he'll be an elf lineman, either pro or wood.

*edit*
Zug has his arse coat, which I'm not overly happy with. any suggestions?

Reason: ''
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

nazgob wrote:*edit*
Zug has his arse coat, which I'm not overly happy with. any suggestions?
Since his stance does look a bit like he's about to throw his helmet to the floor in a fit of rage, shouting: "You don't even pay me close to enough for me to play for this joke of a team!", you might get away with making his ass-coat into a kick-me sign.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

Zug looks great - I love the team strip too. Nice and striking :)

The line-elf looks interesting - I actually plan to use those legs myself for a catcher, but had considered trimming the pennants. Are you going to remove the rubble base bit? What's the elf holding in his right hand? I can't make it out

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

axiom wrote:Zug looks great - I love the team strip too. Nice and striking :)

The line-elf looks interesting - I actually plan to use those legs myself for a catcher, but had considered trimming the pennants. Are you going to remove the rubble base bit? What's the elf holding in his right hand? I can't make it out

Its a flat weapon clipped hand from where he was holding a saber, I am doing the same thing and have several painted already :D

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Mine is now holding a ribbon. I mean, he is an elf.

*edit*

Not quite sure what to do bout teh rubble/basing them. As a whole, the models need the rubble to stay upright, but it looks a bit out of place, I must admit.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Ok, I've learnt some important lessons:

1) Actually do some painting.

2) Don't lend your camera to people that don't return it.

3) My phone has a camera.

So without further ado, here are some pictures.

This guy was going to be an assistant coach for my (neomics) Goblin team, but now he may take the role of Ball and Chain. I'll get the neomics one of course, but I'll still need a spare for when I induce Scrappa.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...I've borrowed this excellent idea from torsoboy over on fumbbl. I also plan to have one goblin with a placard, but will be using squigs as reroll counters.

The guy in the middle is all me though - greenstuff over a blunderbuss to give him a giant syringe. My apothecary. Not that I ever use one with goblins, so he'll probably be relegated to assistant coach.

Finally, this is a WIP of my (Wood/Pro/High) Elf thrower. I've built a team out of two 40k Harlequin kits, and this is one the first models to recieve paint. The ball is greenstuffed, but the hand is lifted from some random arm I had in my bitz box.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Love the goblins :) but I'm not keen on the jester harliquine thing..but that's just me.

robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

damn stupid being out the hobby for over a year! how did everyone manage to get the never released zug mini??? :-( i want a zug :-(

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

*cough*ebay*cough*

Zug does not exist, he is a figment of your imagination :)

Keep an eye out is about all I can suggest.

robsoma
Star Player
Star Player

Post by robsoma »

well i am currently as green as your human team with envy! lol, gorgeous team matey

Justice for the Agribowla Three!!!
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

naz, what material are the "leather straps" holding back the squig? is that brass?

looks great dude - only comment I would add would be to make the pom-poms on the goblins much rounder in shape, so they are more like spheres..

zug looks great too - my human team also wear green and white, so if I ever get around to painting that mini, don't go thinking I copied you! :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
TheDoc
Star Player
Star Player

Post by TheDoc »

Ok someone will have to tell me, which mini did you use for the head. The body looks like a lineman from the new human team, as does the legs but the head I am stumped....

Which bits did you use??

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

ummiecoach: Which model are you talking about? If you mean Zug, he is no work of mine. I acquired him from ebay as a complete metal mini.

norse: The straps are indeed brass. They are actually part of the sprue from a GW 40k basing kit. I was looking around for something to use as a frame for greenstuff (I hate sculpting long, free standing bits without a frame), when I found them and thought they'd be perfect. And thanks for the comments on the pom poms. Looking at them again, I think you're right. Originally I had thought squashed pom poms would be Ok because they're goblins - dilapidated and scruffy, but now I think I want to have a cartoony feel, so fluffy pom poms would make a lot more sense.

As for Zug, its Ok, I grant you permission to use my colour scheme. The conditions of this permission are that you cite me whenever you post pictures or play anyone with your team. ;-)

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I was planning on citing Rex Ryan, but if you insist. :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Dominic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dominic »

Heh that's cool, I don't think I've ever been quoted before for my painting/modelling (I'm torsoboy @ fumbbl). :)

I like the squig-on-a-leash, it fits the goblin better than my placards. Nice painting on the harlequin as well, I wouldn't have the patience to do the diamond pattern myself.