Nazgob's painting blog - Long time coming

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Nazgob's painting blog - Updated 21st april

Post by nazgob »

Well, i''m pleased that the main criticism relates to the modelling and not the painting. The backpacks, grenades are largely still there because I was not willing to damage the models, although I probably couldn have tried to remove the grenades without too much hastle. I think that that part is doqwn to personal taste - some don't mind it and others do, and I can't blame either group for their opinions.

As for the bases, I am in something of a quanry. I like the fact tthat the rubble gives the guys height, but dislike the 4/k appearance. I briefly considered a greenstuff mound covering the stones, but thought that that would look clumsy. Similalry, I thought about having an entirely stone base, but thought that A: elves don't like to fall down on hard stuff, so stone fails thematically, and B: I wanted there to be grass on the bases. Suggestions on a post card?

You might be amused to learn that Mrs Naz has suggested the team should be called the Interlopers because they're from 4/k.

@buggrit. Would it help if if made a handy little reference card?

Reason: ''
Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

The painting looks good. I do have issues with some of the really obvious weapon snips. I would suggest either replacing the wrists with regular closed ones, or some more modeling/painitng/greenstuff work.

- Piousman

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Piousman, which ones do you think are the more obvious? And what do you mean by 'regular closed ones'?

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

I ding the green and the Blue ones to be the more obvious, with the Green being the hands down winner.

As for the regular closed fists I was thinking of some of the fantasy or 40k plastics that have just a closed fist (usually holding things like shields, lanters, etc. or some of the closed fists from the new DE Wyches.

- Piousman

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

Well, I got them finished and used them at the NAFC. 2-0-4 was my record, but I was one of the finalists in the painting competition, so I came away rather pleased. Close ups of all models are available on request.

And as the icing on the cake:

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Nazgob's painting blog - Updated 9th May

Post by Heff »

Great job.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

And There i am on the comments #3 lol. Minis look smashtastic.

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I forgot to say this in my previous post - thanks to everyone who commented on my Harlequins on the day.

Not one to let grass grow under my feet, I've started my next project. Taking a break from the stresses of harlequin patterns, I've decided to have a bit of fun. Goblins! I own the neomics team (no ball and chain, but he'll be on his way soon), and have just converted my trolls. Weapon snips complete, just need to strip and then I can begin painting. Also pictured is the team captain No.9: Mister E.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Nazgob's painting blog - Updated 10th May - New Project

Post by sann0638 »

Very cool in the flesh too. This may be bonkers but if you play them at a tourney again could you re-colour the bases to match 2nd Ed as Buggrit said? Was there much confusion?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

No confusion because I made my opponents a little laminated key card to explain the colour coding.

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Michael,
Can you still paint for Thrudball please?

Gaspez arts have sent me the Chaos Football team, I just need your address so I can send them on to you (assuming you can help).

Any assistance you could give would be "thrudtastic"!
Frank (Giraffe)
mrfrankhill@yahoo.com
or call (07896) 319683

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

:o That's a ballsy thing to do. I guess it's a good thing that most folks around here seem like reasonable people.

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

I'm not quite sure if you mean :
a)Gaspez donating - if so I agree;
b) me having the cheek to beg Michael to paint - if so, I must inform you he offered quite enthusiastically at the NAF Championships...
c) Michael painting a whole team simply for the love of thrudball...ah, you do not know love till you've loved thrudball! :D
d) or something else... ????

but thanks for the opportunity to mention thrudball once again!

thrudball thrudball thrudball thrudball thrudball!
Frank
www.thrudball.com
P.S. Thrudtastic!

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I was specifically referencing putting your personal e-mail and phone number out for everyone to see. You're a trusting guy Frank.

Good luck with....what's it called again? :wink:

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

excellent point Burgun. Now I was waiting for his Social Security number... it would complete my collection

Recommedation: Spell out at least some of the information, (like the @) so that bots do not automatically find it.

On the other hand, for our forums you have to be signed in, so not as big a deal.

- Piousman