Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by Elyoukey »

Very good idea for the werewolf conversion. I will probably leach this idea if i have to set up one.

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Glad you like. I just finished a few tiles with lava sections on them to have some hazardous terrain available, which ended up looking like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

You are making some great items for your dungeon!

I think we'll have some items in another month that can help you with your project (and be affordable).

http://artistsunited.myfreeforum.org/about3260.html

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

What size are the squares (both yggdrasil & Galak dungeons)?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Steam Ball wrote:What size are the squares (both yggdrasil & Galak dungeons)?
The ones I linked to are 29mm

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Post by commisar ken »

GalakStarscraper wrote:You are making some great items for your dungeon!

I think we'll have some items in another month that can help you with your project (and be affordable).

http://artistsunited.myfreeforum.org/about3260.html

Tom
Most Excellent,Sign me up for 2!

Play Coach Krazy Kenny on Cyanide.He is usually lurking in Auld World.
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Steam Ball wrote:What size are the squares (both yggdrasil & Galak dungeons)?
Mine are 30mm. So almost the same size as Tom's. Which look great - if I wasn't building my own, I would probably get those, and I hope they get more people to consider playing Dungeonbowl.

SierraKiloBravo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SierraKiloBravo »

Is there a CRP compliant Dungeonbowl ruleset? Searchfu reveals discussion from like 2008/2009.

Sort of a quasi-hijack, but all these great dungeonbowl pics have me interested. Great work all around.

Control the lightning.
SetzerGabbz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SetzerGabbz »

My and my brother played a game today (this thread inspired me to get into it!). I printed out a bunch of WHQ floorplans, but my printer started running out of ink so they look pretty awful.

We used the 3rd edition rules, but I'm also wondering if there is a newer version.

commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Post by commisar ken »

Try Blitz magazine issue 1

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

commisar ken wrote:Try Blitz magazine issue 1
http://blitz.ausbowl.com/blitz_issue_01.pdf

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

With regards to rules, I don't entirely understand what rules you would need in order to play Dungeonbowl that would be different from edition to edition of Blood Bowl. All the Dungeonbowl specific rules are so simple, after all, only really to do with how you move around the dungeon with teleporters and chests, which are the same regardless of what set of core BB rules you play them with. But I'll check out the link above.

Here are a few new pictures too, of a finished ogre, the finished chests and a new bridge.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

New post, since you can only attach one image per post.

Now I've checked the Ausbowl DB rules posted above (I think I've read them before actually) and they don't seem to me to be an "updated" ruleset as far as I can tell, just an alternative ruleset. It treats things like pushing players into walls with some detail, which are rules not found in the original, but other rules they seem to have just changed outright - in normal DB, you get automatically injured if you try to teleport twice in the same turn, where in the Ausbowl rules you can teleport as many times as you want, and you can teleport players into the dungeon from turn one in DB, where in the Ausbowl rules you have to wait until turn two. So it just looks like some minor house ruled adjustments and additions to me, but nothing that actually interacts with the core BB rules and therefore could be considered a real or necessary update.

That said, we've been using some house rules in the games I've played too. We adopted the idea that blocking players into walls does more damage, and therefore ruled that knocking down and pushing back a player directly into a wall gives you a Mighty Blow bonus which stacks with normal MB if you have it. Also, we use the pit trap rules as they were in the original DB rules, so that you distribute hidden pit counters before the game, and when a player is pushed onto one, you reveal it. If it is not spiked, the player is just knocked over and falls in, and have to make an AG roll to climb out which takes up a whole turn (but can get assists from adjacent friends). If it's a spiked pit, the AV roll for falling in has a +3 modifier. In our next game, we are also going to try a rule where we roll a D6 when an exploding chest is revealed, and on a 6, the chest turns into a magical monster (that always blitzes towards the nearest player) instead of exploding.

We've also got chainsaw and bazuka players and such, which do require some rules adjustments since you can't use penalty rolls in DB because there is only ever one drive. And I guess most importantly, we decided that since there is only ever one touchdown scored, the potential for earning SPPs is limited, and we therefore instituted that opening the chest with the ball earns the player 2 SPP, and pushing an opposing player into a hazardous square - ie. pits, lava and even teleporters - earns the pushing player 1 SPP. It seems to work well because it encourages pushing opponents into teleporters, which is quite fun. :)

If anyone is interested I can post more complete descriptions of the house rules we use.

commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Post by commisar ken »

Lets all start on a compiled ruleset,here is my rule.Secret weapons DQ on a doubleroll for injury.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

commisar ken wrote:Lets all start on a compiled ruleset,here is my rule.Secret weapons DQ on a doubleroll for injury.
That's basically what I was going for too. We still use the eye of the ref rules, and said that whenever the secret weapon player either causes a casualty or causes a turnover for his team (these seem like actions that would attract attention to him), it counts as him having fouled and he is sent off on a roll of 6+/4+ and attracts the eye of the ref. What you posted above seems like the equivalent to that when you don't use the eye of the ref rule.