Dungeonbowl Project

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Re: Dungeonbowl Project

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:(...) at the end, I really didn't want to blitz with the goblin, because I was thankful that the game was going to be over momentarily. But I felt like I'd have been a bad sport if I just let my opponent win, so I went for it.(...)
Sometimes its just too much obvious not to do anything...
While playing newbies and trying to encourage certain plays I'm often faced with the same dilemma, but there are times when it's way too noticeable, and might end up just being counter-productive...
:wink:

One other subject, who's that ogre from (and is it resin)?
The bits, if I'm not mistaken are from GW.

Reason: ''
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

If you mean the guy that's meant to be a troll, then I sculpted all the pink/flesh body parts myself, and just added the hands and the head, which are ogre bull hands and a black orc standard top head.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:If you mean the guy that's meant to be a troll, then I sculpted all the pink/flesh body parts myself, and just added the hands and the head, which are ogre bull hands and a black orc standard top head.
No idea what you're talking about.
I meant the Ogre!
The 'pinky' one, with grey plastic head and arms, and... no wait, that's the one!
:orc:

Very cool sculpting job there!
Love the feet!
:D

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Maybe he'll be called Mr. Ogre from now on thanks to you. ;)

I'm glad you like, the feet should show up better once he is painted. I ended up removing the horns though, I just couldn't live with him looking so different from the other troll. Now they have the same heads, but different bodies, so that they hopefully both look distinct but also look like they make sense being on the same team and in the same "uniforms".

velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

The reapers team look brilliant yggdrasil!

The troll is really well sculpted to, very unique. Great job

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thank you. :) The troll is almost ready to paint in his new incarnation, I also removed his shoulder pad to give him a slightly smaller silhouette. The shoulder pad was instead transfered to a new ogre, who will be the second big guy on the Grey Shadows team. My main problem is that my carrying boxes for the teams is pretty full as it is, I don't know if I will be able to fit all the new players into it. Something must be done!

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

--> Get bigger boxes <--
:orc:

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

But I like my current boxes!

I might just get another, smaller box as a separate big guy storage facility...

the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Post by the solitaire »

Maybe this can help:

http://www.feldherr.net/uk/mini.html

I use a bigger 3 layer case from this company, and own a 4 layer case as well.

They are very convenient to carry. Best case I found for the money.

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:But I like my current boxes!
I might just get another, smaller box as a separate big guy storage facility...
:)
Somehow I doubt you'll stop converting and painting models for DB any time soon, so perhaps a bigger box with a few extra free spaces for 'future works' would be a clever idea...

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

True... I wonder what I'll do once all the teams are finished. I guess I could make alternative versions of all of them!

Here is a shot of the boxes I use, where each team fits neatly into its own compartment, with the exception of a big guy here and there which sometimes has to move in with someone else. I like it because it is compact and easy to transport. Also, free. I don't see myself buying a real and big carrying case while I can make my own, even though it is an option.

Also, a few WIPs.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

yggdrasil wrote:True... I wonder what I'll do once all the teams are finished. I guess I could make alternative versions of all of them!
More monsters, star players and scenario to the dungeon is always a good way to use random minis&bits (without the commitment to have to paint a full team).

That chainsaw guy is a star or is a 'regular' player from one of the teams?
Any idea on how you're using the dog in there (you are aren't you)?

Edit: On the "boxes" subject, those look fine! Besides, if they work for you, as long they keep the models safe, you wont need to spend money on anything else. Just build another one for the next batch of players!
For my BB teams I use some cheap plastic boxes (2 to 4€ each) that I "quilt" with foam, much like what you can see here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=37062. Works just fine!

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Yeah, I think some people can get squeamish about the fact that I don't pack my models individually, but pack them into compartments together. Chipping can be an issue with metal models sometimes (plastic are normally fine), but my priority is being able to transport all 10 teams together in as little space as possible, and I don't mind fixing the occasional chip or loose limb. :)

The chainsaw guy is meant to be a regular chaos dwarf chainsaw-wielding loony for the War Hawks team. The idea is to have one secret weapon player for each team - I showed the skaven dagger-assassin earlier for example. As for the dog, I did specifically include him in the picture because I have a plan... my intention is to use him as an alternate "living ball" type, where the ball will run around on its own if it is not in the possession of a player.

Regarding star players, that is a really good idea, thanks for reminding me about them. Since the BB Companion book specifically had a series of big guy star players that came from different dungeonbowl teams, I can't not build a star player model for each of the teams. I'm not usually a big fan of using star player rules in games, because it is so much fun to develop your own star players instead, but maybe I can work something out where they can be an optional addition rather than having to be made an integral part of the team at creation. Even just using the old rules from the Star Players book might work...

I'll definitely make more monsters too. I already have two new and very simple conversions planned for wandering monster shenanigans. Having six would be a good number as a minimum, for good variety and to be able to just roll a D6 to randomly generate one.:)

velvet mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by velvet mark »

yggdrasil wrote:Yeah, I think some people can get squeamish about the fact that I don't pack my models individually, but pack them into compartments together. Chipping can be an issue with metal models sometimes (plastic are normally fine), but my priority is being able to transport all 10 teams together in as little space as possible, and I don't mind fixing the occasional chip or loose limb. :)
Yikes yggdrasil! :o

I dont know if i have OCD or something but that storage box set up is making me sweat! :lol:

I used to lump all my figs together, wrapped in a sheet or to of toilet roll. But recently ive been buying the foam compartments for protection due to the time ive invested modelling them. Seems a shame for all your cool conversions and paint work for them to be bunched up like that! I get the point its easy to move them around though. Each to their own I guess!

The WIPs look great by the way. Look forward to seeing them completed. The ogres right arm is cool. 8)

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

Thanks! I get the wish to encase each individual model in foam too, it's just not for me.

Here are a couple of new human Blood Axes, a thrower and a bombardier. They're the first plastics for an otherwise all metal team so far, basically made from spare models that happened to work well for filling up the team - just one more to go, I think.