For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Three Die Block - Blood Bowl Podcast

Post by Nod_Hero »

New Episode!
(1:27:11) Chance is back for this episode, and he and Drew take a look at the upcoming Gen Con tournament, talking rules and builds and revealing a nice surprise for their future opponents. Then, having nearly completed a season using star players for the first time in ages, Chance and Drew reflect on their opinions about their use in the game and drop in a quick Apothecary question about what to do when preparing to go to a tournament. Lastly, there's a slew of tournament announcements in this show's edition of Cheering Fans and Chance admits to a mistake!
Time: Segment:
0:00:44 Introduction
0:06:04 Gen Con Preview
0:25:02 Star Players
0:39:11 Apothecary Is In
0:49:51 League Standings
1:06:00 Cheering Fans

http://threedieblock.libsyn.com/three-d ... ar-players

Reason: ''
3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

BJORNWERENER!!!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Did Pauly, Drew and Tim get the rules right on the old fouling rules?

They mentioned that under the old fouling rules if you had the eye on you, you were sent off if you rolled anything but a double (can't remember if this was for armour or injury). I don't remember using any such rules in LRB4 or LRB5. Was this rule from prior to then?

In LRB4 rules the fouler was caught and sent off on a 6+. If you had the eye on you (i.e. you were the last person to have fouled in that half) then you were caught on a 4+.

If you were caught then you can argue the call. On a 1 the coach is sent off and you can't argue the call any more. On a 2-5 the ref ignores the coach. On a 6 he overturns his decision and the player is not sent off.

Olaf the Stout

Fist of Gales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fist of Gales »

The rules that Pauly, drew and I were discussing were the ones used in our old 3rd edition league. I think that they were the official rules back then but that league did have several house rules.

It was kicked out on double on the armor roll (this could be rerolled with pro or a team reroll) when the eye was not on you. Kicked out on anything other than a doubles when the eye was on you.

I had forgotten about the lrb 4 fouling rules that you mentioned. I think we were using lrb 4 for the first season or two of the critical hit cup.

TL

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Episode #92 recorded last night* where we welcomed Katie Muzik, 2013 GenCon champ to talk about her Dwarven triumph, welcoming new players to the game and something she calls 'fast Dwarves'. Drew and I then recap our GenCon adventures (three guys, two trophies, no clue) and look forward to Chaos Cup where we will once again be throttling Both Down in the 2nd Annual Chaos Cup Podcast Skullbash! (or some other rhyming name, to be decided)! Also, one of us wins our local Hawkeye League championship, another local league prepares for the playoffs and, while we both made the playoffs, neither of us pick ourselves to win because we're either dumb or honest or both. Finally, Cheering Fans where we review the newest BB podcast, answer fan mail, butcher foreign names, further ponder the 'ulfwerener conundrum', ask/beg for dice and contest miniatures and much, much more!

Well, maybe not 'much', that is a pretty full description. :P

*Due to the late time at which we recorded and the advanced age of both hosts, show will drop either tonight or tomorrow. Enjoy!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Great episode guys. I love Katie's rule change suggestion; I may try that out in a couple of exhibition games.

I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines, I think I'm going to hop on a plane and make it to Gencon next year.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

SlaunRew wrote:Great episode guys. I love Katie's rule change suggestion; I may try that out in a couple of exhibition games.

I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines, I think I'm going to hop on a plane and make it to Gencon next year.
I hope to see you there! :)

I loved her pass deflection rule as well and I think I was pretty clear about that...'clear' as in gushing over it! :)

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

As much as her suggestion sound like wacky fun, I wouldn't introduce it simply because there isn't enough passing in Blood Bowl as it is. So anything to make passing less reliable would see even less passes attempted.

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

Quite enjoyed the new one. Don't agree with the wood elf coach who thought the rules had gone slightly too far away from bash. Perhaps he was talking from a tourny perspective, but long term in a league I have found that even keeping an agility team on the pitch can be a struggle.
Nice to hear the plug for Xander and Juriel's Orca Cola Cast (I'm biased as a coach and admin in the OCC :wink: ).
Keep up the good work guys

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Good show guys! Nice interview with Katie Muzik!

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

fatfinley wrote:Good show guys! Nice interview with Katie Muzik!
Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it! She really made it easy by bringing all the awesome. :) I am very excited about the interview we have lined up for the next ep...

Also, I've got some dice for your Spiky dice at Chaos Cup!

@Ally-L - Thank you as well! Online leagues are something we do not get to talk about much so I'm glad OCC if taking care of it! I'm also happy to have another BB podcast to listen to!

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

One week delay for next ep - we have a great interview already recorded, we just need to do the rest. Then we will have our Chaos Cup recap and after that...CRITICAL BOWL XV!!!

Man, we gotta get to work!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Can someone post the link to the show breakdown by race again please (the one that shows which teams are covered in each episode) I had one at work but some Muppet moved my stuff and lost it !! (that was me BTW!)

and get your finger out Chance, I need a new podcast!

Kikurasis
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kikurasis »

SunDevil wrote:One week delay for next ep
I can only guess that Both Down will beat you again, then. THE SHAME! THE SHAME!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2013 Challenge of Q'ermitt -- Best Team
2013 Lakeside Cup -- Best Team
2013 Chaos Cup -- Best Team
2014 Canadian Open -- Best Team
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

glowworm wrote:Can someone post the link to the show breakdown by race again please

Here you go:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... DTmc#gid=0