Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

Post by Darkson »

Oh... they look nice - just hope they're to a decent scale, unlike a lot of Willy miniatures.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Take a look at the Game Zone WFB type stuff she's done. The scale she works to is spot on 28mm and not overly 'heroic'.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

There are some greens finished, but no clear reference of size, not even a base. And some sculptors are capable of working at different scales without issues, so Game Zone products are no indication of newest projects. Maybe the star player she did for WM could be used as hint, if they want to keep all compatible. I read that as 30mm, surface (4) to top of head (34), on a inclined pose.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

34mm? That is way to big in my opinion. It`s just impossible to integrate those models into an existing, or half done team, or into one, where you try to collect miniatures with individual looks.

There`s no need to try and re-invent the wheel. More customers are reached with a more "regular" size. But then again....that`s just MY thoughts.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

DinoTitanedition wrote:34mm? That is way to big in my opinion. It`s just impossible to integrate those models into an existing, or half done team, or into one, where you try to collect miniatures with individual looks.

There`s no need to try and re-invent the wheel. More customers are reached with a more "regular" size. But then again....that`s just MY thoughts.
I use Willy Wights as Mummies :-?

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

DinoTitanedition wrote:34mm?
30 (34-4, examine the ruler marks carefully... it also says it's some kind to be of 1:100 scale ruler, so it says "1m") then you have to straight the pose. Measure the angle in one side photo and do some maths to figure unposed height. Quick info ~32mm, top of head to shoe heel bottom, which would be a bit bigger than "28mm eye level" "scale" if we accept the girl is tall. If you want a normal girl, it would be 30 or 32 or more "eye level" "scale" (normal males would measure that).

Another "silly" math fact: 28 to 32 (or to 35) scale change (not size). This means items are 32 / 28 = 1.143 times taller (or 35 / 28 = 1.25). Well, if the miniature doesn't change proportions when going from one to another scale (they grow 1.143 or 1.25 in all directions, so a 20 mm halfling becomes 23 or 25 mm in the new scales, and the belly grows by the same factor, etc) it means they use 1.49 or 1.95 times the base material, which also means shipping goes up, etc. Blister, plastic base and other things can stay the same, but some factors are going nearly 50 or 100% up by that small upscaling.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Looky, looky, didn`t know that. I really like numbers (except for when I`m playing the game) and that is new numerical information to me, how to translate the scale. I understood
surface (4) to top of head (34)
that this means, the miniature is 30mm between the top of the base, to the top of itself. I`ve also stated, that it seems big to me, compared to a regular size, which, you allready mentioned, would be 28mm usually. Did I get that right? I have to ask, since I`m not a native speaker englishwise. Did I also understand this right
it means they use 1.49 or 1.95 times the base material, which also means shipping goes up
that with a bigger scale, the mini is 14.9% to 95% more expensive than miniature production with smaller scales?

Good thing numbers are pretty much alike in most of the western industrial countries, and since you brought up one of my favourite numbers (costs) I´d like to bring up one of my favourite numbers: customer preference. Yep, that`s measureable, but of course, you have to ask the right questions to put a real meaning and useable value into it. So is there a statistic about a players choice in scalesm which would tell, which size is preferred in which country? That could indicate the loss or win of profit, which of course connects neatly to costs.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

DinoTitanedition wrote:that this means, the miniature is 30mm between the top of the base, to the top of itself. I`ve also stated, that it seems big to me, compared to a regular size, which, you allready mentioned, would be 28mm usually. Did I get that right?
28mm scale for miniatures means that if the model is 28mm from the bases to the eyes then it would represent a 5' 10" tall person (1.78 meters) For a normal person from the eyes to the top of the heads is another 4 to 5 inches which normally means another 2mm in height from the eyes. So most standard scale 28mm figures are around 30mm in height to the top of the figure but this could greatly vary based on hair and headdress.

In general for 28mm scale ... each mm for the miniature would be 2.3 and a little inches in real world scale (about 6cm).

Described another way ... 28mm scale for miniatures is normally considered 1/58th scale. IE the actual real life person if the miniature were real would be 58 times larger. So the easiest way to understand if any figure seems too large or just right is to take its total height and multiple it by 58 and see if that makes sense to you.

Tom @ Impact!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

Thx for those informations! Interesting stuff !

Traveller

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

DinoTitanedition wrote:Looky, looky, didn`t know that. I really like numbers (except for when I`m playing the game) and that is new numerical information to me, how to translate the scale. I understood
surface (4) to top of head (34)
that this means, the miniature is 30mm between the top of the base, to the top of itself. I`ve also stated, that it seems big to me, compared to a regular size, which, you allready mentioned, would be 28mm usually. Did I get that right? I have to ask, since I`m not a native speaker englishwise. Did I also understand this right
28mm "scale" is a fuzzy thing. For some it means a X sized person is 28mm in miniature. For others it means 28mm is only from ground to eye level. And nobody really agrees what X is. You can find plenty of examples. Galak said 1.78 in full, other places use 1.61 to eyes (1.73 full). The "to eyes" comes from toy soldiers wearing hats and being pretty much in straight poses.

Then you have companies mislabelling their products. Some models will never be 28mm to the top of the head or to the eyes, no matter how big the box print says they are 28mm. Spartan Games had to relabel their skirmish game as 32mm, because people laughed insanely when seeing it marked as 28mm.
it means they use 1.49 or 1.95 times the base material, which also means shipping goes up
that with a bigger scale, the mini is 14.9% to 95% more expensive than miniature production with smaller scales?
49%. And it only affects part of the production, so final price is not going change in the same ratio. Or should not. But this also explains why some things are going strong in 15mm.
Good thing numbers are pretty much alike in most of the western industrial countries, and since you brought up one of my favourite numbers (costs) I´d like to bring up one of my favourite numbers: customer preference. Yep, that`s measureable, but of course, you have to ask the right questions to put a real meaning and useable value into it. So is there a statistic about a players choice in scalesm which would tell, which size is preferred in which country? That could indicate the loss or win of profit, which of course connects neatly to costs.
No idea. The board is ~29mm, and has been for ages. Some people play using 40mm boards.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

@Tom
So most standard scale 28mm figures are around 30mm in height to the top of the figure but this could greatly vary based on hair and headdress.
Multiplying by 58 actually DOES make sense. Thanks for that! Even though, I actually tried to point to the "feel" of the miniature. If you compare these two miniatures, you`ll notice that they are about the same height, but don`t seem to fit into one anothers team. The eyelevel is a good measurepoint, as explained - but I`m looking more for "a norm". I.E. even though I don`t own the latest GW Human team, I take their size as a general measuring point.

I admit, that the model from the starters box I used to convert is smaller than usual, I`ve noticed (since it`s really old). But what about other race sizes? Let`s take a dwarf for example. In the next picture he seems quite big in the pose he got delivered,

but in an upright position, he`s about chesthigh compared to the human.

Now comes the interracial heightissue. Is a goblin supposed to be smaller than a dwarf? Or the same height? Don`t have newer goblin minis from recent manufacturers, but some of you guys probably have (so comparison pics would be nice).

By the way, since it`s going quite off topic here, I`d suggest to open a new topic and move the related posts to there. This is also valuable information for the manufacturers I think.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

So the http://www.Necromstudio.com website is now gone. However they say they are shipping the Amazons so I will hopefully see mine in the mail soon as we are are closing on 13 months since the Indiegogo ended.

If they were not shipping right now ... I'd be really really concerned with the website having vanished.

Kinda sad now they would not work with me to produce that cool Nurgle team if they really are going to be gone as a company after they finish the Amazon shipping.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

There are pictures in the wild. But it seems there are only a handful complete teams, so shipping is going in bursts for now, when the caster has enough to justify a shipment, which probably means a handful of complete teams. First batch were just 10.

Those are what a customer already got and assembled.

About the site, maybe they forgot to pay the hosting. The domain was updated just before it expired, and now is valid until 2015-02-09 (updated the 2nd).

Borthcollective
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Borthcollective »

I got mine in the mail in Ohio today Tom. They are nice pieces, only noticed one bubble in the resin so far.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Thanks Steam Ball ... they look good. Nice to finally see them in the "flesh". And if they updated to have the domain name for a while ... you are right they "should" be back eventually.

Tom