Show Us Yer Teams!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Show Us Yer Teams!

Post by Fassbinder75 »

cdwat wrote: (except for the size of Eldril, why can't designers have a standard size for FF minis? :( )
I got burned with the Willy Wights, too big by far. Re: Eldril, Pedro Ramos is a great sculptor for anything except elves. Not a fan of boxy oversize jaws.

Reason: ''
minimakeovers.wordpress.com
pahvivalmiste
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pahvivalmiste »

Very interesting thread, lots of nice models and setups. I have only one completely painted team; Chaos team "Manly Manners":

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

For only having one team they are very nice looking.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

burgun824 wrote:For only having one team they are very nice looking.
Yeah, they have a nice 'real' feel to them, I really like the style and scheme - and of course the 2nd ed minis.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

That is a nice looking team.. big ups for the old school minis!

Anyways, here are the Cheddurshire Cheesemongers. The rostered treemen are built from scratch, the coach is a victorian scrunt, and the wizard is Rincewind from Discworld.. the team itself is willy miniatures own ultimate Halflings. The rerolls are also greenstuff :D

oh, and I wrote up a little fluff prologue too.. Simply can't help myself. Plus, I had to explain why the coach mini is so huge XD:

In the hills between Buckland and Dïngleburry lies the small halfling town of Cheddurshire.
Very famous for their livestock and their fat milk, the Cheddurshirefolk pride themselves in making scores of various types of delicious cheese. This has also resulted in the peculiar tradition of "cheese-chasing" at the annual dairy festival of Cheddurshire, where all the stout young halflings compete in catching a big round cheese rolling down the largest hill in Cheddurshire.

It was at one of these events that Walder Whey, a not so succesful cheesemonger, had cooked up a scheme to support his family after his inevitable and looming demise. Having mistaken a lump of warpstone for aged green gouda on a journey through Tilea, and eaten it, his whole body had started swelling and growing, and the doctor had said that it would rupture like a puss filled boil before the end of the year.
Looking at these stunty fellows running around the grassy hills he was reminded of the glorious game of Blood Bowl, and all the gold that usually came with a popular team. So he recruited the most formidable athletes amongst the dairy farmers he had available and convinced a couple of young sprouty treemen to join him in his hunt for wealth, glory and the ensured safety of his little family. That is the beginning story of the Cheddurshire Cheesemongers…

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

My Nurgle Team painted by Frank Wille alias Whiskeyjack.

They will be playing on the eurobowl!!!!

gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gninocker »

Sweet! Nurgle-sweet that is.
Congrats with your team.

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

Two really nice teams there. I really like the cheeses, is the 'blue' one the turn marker? Also, you mix pink and yellow base rings - I wondered if you might be using the NTBB Halfling rules that feature Catchers.

Really nice work with the old GW team for Nurgle as well. Interesting conversions and creepy fleshworm things. Where are they from?

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

Thanks! I figured I'd use the blue/green cheese as a Leader reroll or something and the coach mini as the turn marker. I just wanted the rubber rings to be able to write skills on them, so I just bought team colored ones, but yeah they could definitely be used for ntbb play. That way if fling #3 gets a move boost I can swap figures so the running ones get that skill up. The shushing fling should get DP for sure :lol:

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Fassbinder75 wrote: Really nice work with the old GW team for Nurgle as well. Interesting conversions and creepy fleshworm things. Where are they from?
Heresy miniatures

http://heresyminiatures.com/shop/index. ... ucts_id=73

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Disgusting, that's what I call them! :wink:

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

Amazingly creative halfling team. Hope you gt as much joy from play as the painting!

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Show Us Yer Teams!

Post by Madsherman »

Thanks! Taking them to a small league boot camp tourney later this month. Doing Paulie from 3DBs low tv build, so let's see if that pays off.

Teufane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teufane »

Amazing Halfling team, very well done congrat'.
I like the worms of your team Magictobe, great Nurgle team too. :wink:

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Taketheskull wrote:Hi All

This is my Underworld team, Black Ace's Corner Gang.

Gus

you are not allowed to pollute yet another BB forum with your well painted minis. You have already made the whole of NZ jealous leave the rest of the world alone.