FF Fields Custom Pitch Campaign

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Re: FF Fields Custom Pitch Campaign

Post by Vanguard »

puzzlemonkey wrote:
Magictobe wrote:
puzzlemonkey wrote:So, is the field reversible? It says "nine pieces... three fields," which makes me think it is, but they don't actually say so.
In my opinion it means that the field is 8 general pieces and the nine piece is the logo piece. You get three of those logo pieces.

SO, .... the field consists of nine pieces and with your three logo's you can create three different pitches.

I am backing the campaign as well.
Oh, sure. That makes sense based on the pieces shown in the top illustration... It's just more than nine! :D
Yeah, the pitch is six pieces plus a seventh for the logo. So the base six pieces plus three logos is your nine pieces.

Reason: ''
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

If you look at the picture I posted you can see that the pitch is itself 9 pieces. It shows the shape and number of pieces. You just happen to get a number of centre pieces. It's a 9 piece pitch.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Sorry if that came across as arsey... Just trying to clarify :)

Beardman.
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

J_Bone wrote:If you look at the picture I posted you can see that the pitch is itself 9 pieces. It shows the shape and number of pieces. You just happen to get a number of centre pieces. It's a 9 piece pitch.
Apologies, you're right. Can't see the pictures on my work internet and thought it was similar to the current six piece pitches FF do.
That's interesting then, I was speaking to someone at the UKTC (sorry, I forget who) who had custom ordered an eight piece pitch before so that it would fit into a KR case.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

To clarify.

Yes, each pitch is 9 pieces; an 8 piece basic shape with the 9th being the centrefield piece which is interchangeable.
The centrefield can be swapped out for any other, so you can chop and change to suit the team you are playing.

In due course I fully expect Alex to be offering more custom designs and the option to have custom logo centrefield pieces made.

Now the techy stuff as I understand it, these fields use a new cutting technique. When I first saw the design last year the problem Alex had was that the cuts done the traditional way are always slightly unique, so extra centrefield pieces cut later and added were sometimes imperfect.
The traditional way of cutting is to use a cutting press. This gives minor differences each time as the solid sheet reacts to the pressure of the cutting rig pushing down onto and through it. Not a problem for a standard field; all the bits fit perfectly, but for this new idea a difference of even 1mm can make an alternative centrefield piece look wonky.
Hence Alex spending time looking into new cutting methods to get something that is 100% identical every time.

The more people who fund it the more we'll all get for the €75. Like a Kickstarter but without the risks.
And once you have one of these pitches,with the new cutting technique which produces identical cuts time after time, you should be able to go back to Alex later and add more stuff.

Go on. Back it. You know you'll love it.

I make no secret of the fact that I love FF Fields though, so I am biased ;)

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Oh, and I'm having Orc, Nurgle and whatever else takes my fancy (not Dorf, the Dorfs have their own pitch already).

And Alex doesn't know this yet but he'll be designing me a logo for our new Preston Union of Bloodbowl Enthusiasts league (working title) and whatever else takes my fancy and I'll end up with enough centrefield pieces to build a house from.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

JT-Y wrote:And Alex doesn't know this yet but he'll be designing me a logo for our new Preston Union of Bloodbowl Enthusiasts league (working title) and whatever else takes my fancy and I'll end up with enough centrefield pieces to build a house from.
Initial concern that you may not have considered that name carefully enough was rapidly replaced by the realisation that you probably had. Very, very carefully. :o :lol:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Flytime1 wrote:Would be great if we could make it 50 fields for an free extra centre piece.
I hope we can get to 80 participants.. a custom pitch logo for one of my teams would be awesome.. :D

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
JT-Y

Post by JT-Y »

Vanguard wrote:
JT-Y wrote:And Alex doesn't know this yet but he'll be designing me a logo for our new Preston Union of Bloodbowl Enthusiasts league (working title) and whatever else takes my fancy and I'll end up with enough centrefield pieces to build a house from.
Initial concern that you may not have considered that name carefully enough was rapidly replaced by the realisation that you probably had. Very, very carefully. :o :lol:
You should see some of the other suggestions. ''Lancashire Ongoing Bloodbowl Organising Network'' is a personal favourite but a bit of a mouthful *fnarf*

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Norse wrote:
Flytime1 wrote:Would be great if we could make it 50 fields for an free extra centre piece.
I hope we can get to 80 participants.. a custom pitch logo for one of my teams would be awesome.. :D
That's what I'm hoping too! It's up at around 25 already so let's hope it carries on like this!

Beardman.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I am having trouble selling the idea to the wife.... even if my Birthday is in March

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

This looks pretty awesome, and I'm seriously considering this. Just have to justify the cost to my inner voice of financial common sense ... oh well, some time left to silence that b*stard before this is done, right? :lol:

Stompie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stompie »

I thought, oh my goodness, it's sixty pounds for 9 pieces of cardboard. Then I thought, pretty colours, such pretty colours...signed up. Oil have a twenty year old board.

I think the dude is missing a trick though.If he did 2D cartoon squares in a kind of Malifaux evil baby orphanage style with blood bowl players to fit into clip bases I'm sure there'd be a market for that. As cost presumably low he could experiment with the whacky teams off fumbbl like chaos halflings. Front and back so you can lay em down on a standard board and everything.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Stompie wrote:I thought, oh my goodness, it's sixty pounds for 9 pieces of cardboard. Then I thought, pretty colours, such pretty colours...signed up. Oil have a twenty year old board.

I think the dude is missing a trick though.If he did 2D cartoon squares in a kind of Malifaux evil baby orphanage style with blood bowl players to fit into clip bases I'm sure there'd be a market for that. As cost presumably low he could experiment with the whacky teams off fumbbl like chaos halflings. Front and back so you can lay em down on a standard board and everything.
"I'll buy that for a dollar !"

:orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Any idea when this ends? I am resisting hard as I need to reduce my BB spend for a while. Just need to know how strong I am going to have to be :D

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.