Willy Miniature's Chaos Dwarf Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Willy Miniature's Chaos Dwarf Team

Post by serg-natos »

And with both arms:

Reason: ''
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by howlinggriffon »

Superb.

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

That coach is going to be awesome. Looking forward to seeing some more hobbos

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

horekim wrote:That coach is going to be awesome. Looking forward to seeing some more hobbos
Good Hobbo sculpts are something akin to hens teeth and rocking horse shit. I'm hoping serg breaks the drought, but I'll get this team anyway.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

Thanks.

The Hobgoblins will be similar to this first one I did:

I made some copies of it before finishing, and I'm using copies to the others. These are the 2nd and 3rd, started with the copied pieces:

I'll have to finish their armours and change their faces, but with those pieces Hobgoblins will be easy to finish.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I like the long arms and the overall look of them, but there's a couple of observations I would make...

1) the one you have finished seems too well armored - tattered rags would be better for AV7 slaves than scale mail

2) his pose seems to inviting an uppercut (a punch to the chin). I don't think I've ever seen any football player actually stand like that.

Just my usual $0.02 ;-)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

I thought you had forgotten this topic, Norse, but looks like you have found something else to argue about, fine XD

About the armour: AV in BB represents armour and resistance. Obviously Hobgoblins or Halflings aren't tough, but it doesn't mean they can't have armour. For example, you can put an egg into a strongbox and it will break if you move it fast. I'm more worried about the whole team look, than using same designs people have been using in the past. And those armours and scales will make Hobgoblins look like part of Chaos Dwarf team.

About pose: Are you sure a cocky pose doesn't fit with Hobgoblins? Because there are LOTS of Goblins, Orcs, Halflings, Snotlings, Ogres... in poses which aren't very useful in a Football match. Or we could search for some New Zealand players photos too XD

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I'm not arguing with you or anyone else. I'm posting my (some might say informed) opinions on minis. You want an an army of fanboys telling you your stuff is perfect, you have BBforo for that right? You don't want my opinion, don't post it here. :lol:

I won't buy the team either way, I converted my own a decade ago, but believe it or not I'm trying to help. :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

I'm not telling you not to argue. I'm telling you it's suspicious you are working for another FF company and you come only to argue. Or, to be fair, arguing 90% time XD

Anyway I properly answered your points.

P.S. I hope you used GW/Forgeworld ones or Volmarians. ;]
P.S.2. You got me wrong. I'm not Poncho XD

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I don't work for any other mini company and have not for at least 3 years now, maybe more. Also, I'm not arguing, I'm providing feedback. If you think that people who give feedback on sculpts are arguing, I'm curious why you post images of WIP? Your blunderbuss guy was a Kharn rip off, now he is not, that's a good thing, right?

Anyway, I'll stop trying to help now, you've made it clear you don't like my feedback or trust my motives...

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

At first I didn't like the hobgoblins, but they are growing on me. I'm starting to like the enlarged underarms and it makes them something else than just another kind of goblin.

I have to say that I agree with Norse regarding the armor on the hobgoblin. I see what you mean regarding the overall theme of the team, but I believe that this could be achieved by just having scale armor on the hobgoblins. These scales could then be painted as leather on the hobgoblins, but still tie in visibly with the chaos dwarves. The plate armor doesn't really fit, in my opinion. I'd rather see rags/clothing and scales.

Just my 0,02€

I like the team and I'm thinking of getting it in the coming crowd funding campaign.

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

I think the finished hobgoblin looks goos. The taunting stance quite fits this type of player since they tend to hide a lot behind the wall of dwarves.

Regarding the second hobgoblin: I'm not a fan of super dynamic poses. Especially not if the miniature is made up of multiple pieces since I hate pinning and glueing miniatures and hate to see them fall apart on the pitch even more.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

serg-natos wrote: These are the 2nd and 3rd, started with the copied pieces:
Looking good so far... *thumbs up*

connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

Norse wrote: You want an an army of fanboys telling you your stuff is perfect, you have BBforo for that right?
Bollocks. There was quite a bit of flak concerning the Khârn similitude there as well... ;-)

serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

Norse, you didn't say almost anything about the other finished dwarves ( except you didn't like Minotaur's beard XD ), you didn't say anything about the Star Player when it was finished ( Although you were agree with changed head, I admit it XD ), you didn't say anything about the Coach during progress... And when you come back, it's to say something about the Hobgoblins. And you have a signature link to Impact. You have to admit it isn't so crazy what I'm saying. Maybe "argue" doesn't mean exactly what I think ( which is: "To start a debate" ), but apart of that...

In any case, as I said, I'm not telling you anything about ignoring this post. It's obvious I'm reading everybody ( I liked the teeth in Star PLayer, and I changed the whole head because people wasn't sure about it. Oh, and I'm doing a ball if people wanna glue it in the blunderbuss. Another idea somebody gave in a forum and I talked Willy about, although I don't like figures with balls ). I'm telling you it's easier to "hear" people when they say:

- "Eh, that's cool, but I think..."

Or

- "It's well done, although I think you could try..."

And this isn't only about you, but some people ( also in Spanish BB Forum ) who looks like only matter posting when they can "argue" about something. Like saying "Good Work" or "Keep going" would be forbidden. Specially when they work for any other companies.

P.S. If you're not working for Impact, sorry, forget that part.