Willy Miniature's Chaos Dwarf Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Willy Miniature's Chaos Dwarf Team

Post by horekim »

Norse wrote:I love some of the small attentions to detail like the faces on the armor.. reminds me of the really cool GW stuff from the 80s and early 90s, back when GW were actually cool! :D

Reason: ''
Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Darkson wrote:Liking the scale - these have jumped right to the top of my CD list.
Yes, me too.

I like metal, myself. But if these are available soonish, I'd have a hard time deciding if I want to paint up these for the WC or use my current team.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Darkson wrote:Liking the scale - these have jumped right to the top of my CD list.
+1

serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

I have talked to Willy and we have decided to get one of the shoulder pads out, but keeping the armour:

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

serg-natos wrote:I have talked to Willy and we have decided to get one of the shoulder pads out, but keeping the armour:

Seems like a good compromise, but why the scales on the shoulders?
I imagined clothing instead.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I dont think it's the shoulderpads; you can paint then brownish for 'leather armour'. It's the scalemail I'm a tad worried about. I'd rather see that part back as tattered rags, or just cloth.

But if I see more of them, I might change my opinion. Still like them! :D

Of course, all this isnt helping, but any chance having these ready before WC3? As in'ready and able to slap some paint on them' for us, the average buyer/painter/player? :D

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

serg-natos wrote:Thanks.

The Hobgoblins will be similar to this first one I did:

I really like the scales personally... It doesn't go overboard as there's no helmet, little to nothing on the legs and arms, and I think it gives them a nice look. Good character. Plus, (as has been mentioned) the armour value is not just the armour but the resilience of the specific player type. These still look skinny and weak. Put the skinniest, weakest person in pads and they'll still get hurt. I used to wear the same gear as some of the smaller guys when I played American football and it was always them getting dislocated shoulders and not us big fellas!

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Heff wrote:
serg-natos wrote:Those legs were made for an old commission I never finished. Not even close to Space Marines:

I want one of these
You can buy it here

serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

Almost finished:

With this smaller shoulderpads I will have to put the number on back.

Oh, and the fist one I did will keep its shoulderpads, so I will add a star and a knife to transform it into the Hobgoblin Star Player.

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Good stuff... I was thinking that with the newer ones having slightly different armour and being more dynamic that one might look a bit strange next to them. Problem solved! Now he's supposed to stand out!

I'm not sure about the bandana across the face on that one... Looks a bit dark elfy but I do like everything else about those two. They'll look ace.

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ChenZhen »

I'm liking the look of the hobgoblins. I agree with the idea that AV is not just armor worn. The toughness and combat ability of the players also factor in.

I'm thinking this look great. I didn't like the long arms initially...but they have "grown" on me. :lol:

I'm a fan of the bandit style mask. Cool look for a dirty player type.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the team.

serg-natos
Experienced
Experienced

Post by serg-natos »

Finished:

Finally weather isn't getting worse and I could make some photos.

Masks are a way to modify faces in an easy way, but I agree it's a cool look for a creature like Hobgoblins XD

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I like the hood and mask on the hobgoblins. Reminds me of D&D style rouges. For me hobgoblins are always what determines whether a chaos dwarf team looks good or not. Chaos dwarfs can look cool with big hats, evil versions of imperial dwarf or mini-chaos warriors.

It's a shame that the shoulder pads are gone, I'd rather the stayed and the scalemail was reduced. Lack of helmet and heavy armour is often enough to make a model look AV7. Just look at the GW 5th edition human catchers.

One thing I'm not sure about is the arm length, they look a little too long even for greenskins.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No sculpted numbers please - some people (me!) don't like to be stuck with 1-16.
Not sure on the long arms, but I think that's just because they're so different to anything else I have - I expect I'll learn to love them. At least they're different to most other hobgobs out there.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

nice! numbers already done :)