RN Estudio New Human Team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

RN Estudio New Human Team

Post by Arclight »

In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd share this very cool team shot of RN Estudio's new human team. This is their first cast of the models. Maybe we'll be getting our campaign models in the next month or so! Really excited! These guys look great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Re: RN Estudio New Human Team

Post by Kaiowas »

I like them, im not sold on having a whole team of them as they all feel like blitzers to me. throwers may fit the new brettonians? I like my blitzers to feel elite compared to Linos so maybe I pick up 4 of these for that reason

ChenZhen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by ChenZhen »

Prime candidates for painting base rings.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

I am all for painting base rings, always!
Helps a lot in play.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Really nice looking team, if I was currently in the market for a human team I think this would be it.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i quite like them. agree about these needing base ring colors.
whats the price on the team?

Rick Sanchez lives!
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Bound for Glory, the indiegogo had the price at €75. Check it out for yourself if you like (it has finished). The gallery has a lot of pictures to look through.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rn-e ... ball-teams

In case that's a bother, here is the campaign "poster" that shows the team as I bought it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

I agree that some further differentiation between positionals would have been nice. Especially for the catchers who you would expect to have less/lighter armour and perhaps be a tad slimmer/slighter in build.

It wasn't a deal breaker for me though, as I like ring colours for all my teams. In my experience, they simply go a long way to make the game move faster (for new and old coaches).

I also picked up a halfling by the same company to sub as my catcher for local games. After all, catchers are only Str 2 and AV 7... so now it won't matter as my "human" catcher will definitely be easy to pick out on my team. The lil' guy will also act as Puggy the Star Player for fun times at tournaments.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

What a brilliant little halfling!
Sadly, he is out of stock... :(

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

the torso- and shoulderpadding look a little bit to chunky for my taste. Reminds to space marines. But then again, two or three would surely be nice to pick up, if they are available seperately as well.

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Yeah Dino, I can totally see how they give that impression of marines. Compared to other human player models their armour is more flat while the older models seem more rounded.

Also they are all the same physically at first glance (and at second and third glances) so I think the paint job will be important to help make them seem more agile than they currently look. Especially as I think the designer is expecting them to be painted with a lot of skin showing with bare arms and legs wrapped in leather straps. Like maybe as some kind of Roman Legion style of armour?

I am thinking to go that route for my two planned runners but them painting all the others (except for the leaping blitzer and the ogre) with a T-shirt and leggings. Hopefully it will help the runners look "lighter" and make all the others seem "heavier". At least that's how I plan for it to go.

Here is a comparison pic of two classic "rounded" models next to these new "flatter" models. Maybe this will help to explain what I mean.

Thanks,
-Dan

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Actually, here is the "coach"/star player model for the team. Sweet paint job but he has a different (older/original?) styled armour. I wonder if this style was the original kind planned for the team but was given up on at some point? Just conjecture on my part.

Anyway, I see him coaching like the crazed coach from the movie Dodgeball. Throwing footballs at his own players when they screw up and doubling as a team wizard chucking lightning charged ones at the opponents' players... if he can scrap together the gold for a spell scroll. Fun fun fun!

Cheers,
-Dan

Can you tell that I've put way too much thought into this team I haven't even seen in real life yet? Sheesh! At least I haven't started shopping around for their team mascot yet... speaking of which. Ciao!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Arclight wrote:Bound for Glory, the indiegogo had the price at €75. Check it out for yourself if you like (it has finished). The gallery has a lot of pictures to look through.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/rn-e ... ball-teams

In case that's a bother, here is the campaign "poster" that shows the team as I bought it.
thanks for the link! WOW! i'm sold! those are some nice orcs and humans!
very nicly done!

Rick Sanchez lives!