My 3d Printed miniatures.

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Chris
Legend
Legend

My 3d Printed miniatures.

Post by Chris »

With regards to price, people's currencies have varied. Scanning through some people are talking euro's...

And with quality, you might not feel you can match established players but a uniform, well, uniform team with variety in poses is not something many sell. Humans are a bit of a crowded market though. Perhaps look at the data in this site for what the most popular teams are and see what lends itself to your approach?
You might want to be careful on positional size though unless you are altering more than simply height. Sprinters for example are somewhat taller than linemen with different proportions.

Reason: ''
islandtrevor
Rookie
Rookie

Re: My 3d Printed miniatures.

Post by islandtrevor »

Chris wrote:With regards to price, people's currencies have varied. Scanning through some people are talking euro's...

And with quality, you might not feel you can match established players but a uniform, well, uniform team with variety in poses is not something many sell. Humans are a bit of a crowded market though. Perhaps look at the data in this site for what the most popular teams are and see what lends itself to your approach?
You might want to be careful on positional size though unless you are altering more than simply height. Sprinters for example are somewhat taller than linemen with different proportions.
I did understand people talked in different currencies. for example petitgars said 100 euro...which translates to 108 US and he said that was the absolute max he would spend. Regardless....I do understand that the prices I have are a tuff sell yet currently do not have an alternative I find more agreeable than shapeways.

In regards to positional size. I don't just take the original model and scale up to get new positions. Some are easier to do than others ...like my humans ...I used a morph to give the blitzers a larger muscle mass and increased the size.... the catchers are less muscular so using that same morph I can reduce the muscle mass and scale properly. For the female team there was a new model for for each position as the differences in them can not be shown with simple morphs. It depends on the style, concept and my skill level.

Thanks for the reply.

Reason: ''