painting stars

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

painting stars

Post by Kaiowas »

All, wanted to pick your brains. Do you try to paint any stars in team colours or because they are truly mercenary do you keep them quite individual

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: painting stars

Post by spubbbba »

It very much depends on whether the star in question plays for lots of teams or just 1 or 2.

If it's someone like Morg then if he's unique then you can easily use him for any team. However if it's a star that I feel exemplifies the team such as Varag for Orcs or Borak for Chaos then I'll often paint them in team colours. Even converting them to fit in better with the team if they have a theme. But to make the start stand out I'll often reverse the colours, so white shirt and red shorts becomes red shirt and white shorts. Either that or alter certain colours or add more details. Silver armour edging becomes gold or their uniform gets extra details on it.

The advantage of that is if the star is a normal position for the team you can always use them as team captain.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

Similar thought processes then. For a helmut wulf he won't be too aligned with team theme but a bertha bigfist would be.

fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

painting stars

Post by fanglord13 »

I try and stick to the fluff as far as star players go and paint them in their original team colours, but nothing wrong with using your own team colours as they would likely wear them when playing for them

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

painting stars

Post by Madsherman »

I use the colors from the starplayer cards. Red white blue gold. Makes them kind of harlem globetrottery

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

I like the idea of using NAF colours for an "offical" touch.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by spubbbba »

Kaiowas wrote:Similar thought processes then. For a helmut wulf he won't be too aligned with team theme but a bertha bigfist would be.
I'm not sure about Bertha, she can play for 3 very different teams, flings zons and ogres. I see her as fitting in well with both amazons and ogres. Obviously ogres as she is one, but also zons as she's their version of a big guy (gal).

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

I paint them in individual colour schemes that aren't repeated on any of my teams or other starplayers (and that, if at all possible, don't share any uniform colours with the team(s) they'll play for). Partly because I like to see many different paint schemes on my mini's, and partly because I consider them unique characters.

cdwat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cdwat »

Saebelsultan wrote:I like the idea of using NAF colours for an "offical" touch.
+1

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i paint them as per their star player cards.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Chris
Legend
Legend

painting stars

Post by Chris »

Painting them as per naf is a great idea. I have veered towards several styles over the years. Currently I am trying to get each team a set of stars in that teams colours.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

My stars are usually painted with bright grey clothing and black padding. The idea came when I read the novels where an underground "team" exists - players that manipulate games to influence the bets made. They are called the "Black Jerseys". I thought that is fitting for the stars for hire.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

I usually paint them for the team(s) they are most likely to play for....

Since I share minis through appropriate teams, most stars are in the Lightning Blue and Granite of my Undead teams....

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I don't paint, but when I do get them painted (only a few so far) I don't have a preference, but if the do have team colours I prefer them to be more flashy versions, so they will stand out if used in a different team.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:I don't paint, but when I do .....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb @ gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95