Custom field

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Custom field

Post by Arclight »

Minigiant,
I like your field quite a bit! Looks clean and streamlined.
I do agree with Saebelsultan, though.
1. I think the coffins and skulls throw off the "professional sports teams" look.
2. I also think that the Reserves boxes should be closest to the centre of the field and not near the end zone. I'll add a picture of what I mean. Just a sec. There, that is off of the FF Fields Facebook page. The dugouts are in the style I am thinking of.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Also, since you asked for ideas...

I'm not sure if you know about their latest campaign but here is an example of their latest field with all the trimmings as "voted" for by the community.

Perhaps it might give you some ideas?

Cheers,
-Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Arclight wrote: 1. I think the coffins and skulls throw off the "professional sports teams" look.
2. I also think that the Reserves boxes should be closest to the centre of the field and not near the end zone. I'll add a picture of what I mean. Just a sec. There, that is off of the FF Fields Facebook page. The dugouts are in the style I am thinking of.
1. Why do the coffins throw off the "professional sports team" looks? One would think that any BB-style dugout would through those glasses.
2. Why shall the reserves box necessarily be near the centre line?

Goldbaek is my hero
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Hey theghr,

Hmm... my thinking goes something like this:

1. The coffins look like the wrong theme in this case. Maybe more Undead, Vampire or Necromantic styled teams than a Dwarf Stadium. Do you know what I mean? Minigiant said that this was about his main team, which are dwarves, and I guess I don't see red satin lined coffins as very "dwarfy"... way too soft and whatnot. That may just be me though.

2. Maybe it just feels more natural to me to have the players come running on to the centre of the field, in my own mind's eye anyway. Your mileage may vary, as they say.

If it matters at all, one of my own fields done by Alex does have coffins. Check it out:

Minigiant
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Minigiant »

The idea has been played around a bit and settled on this

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

That is nice. :D

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.