Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Amazons Fantasy Football Team from Necrom Studio

Post by JT-Y »

Both Kickstarter and Indiegogo are the same.
If the target isn't reached you don't pay.

HOWEVER, this campaign was flexible rather than fixed funding, meaning there was no funding target, meaning all money pledged went to the guy regardless of any targets.

Both KS and IGG offer flexible funding, and it should always be treated with caution as at it's most basic interpretation it just means that the business you are funding has no plan or set objectives and just wants ''some'' cash.

Either way, you have no recourse. Anyone who backs either form of project on either site is just agreeing to back a start up project, and whatever you want to say about theft, fraud, whatever, you waive those rights when you sign up and pledge money to a start up project that might actually fail!
It's a gamble, but a gamble that customers are taking rather thanexperienced banks of investors. Such private financiers are more likely to protect their investment against loss.

None of that matters. Like I said, most people doing BB type teams in funding sites know what they are doing, and Impact!, Meiko, Willy, MH1881 and others all know the risks and expenses and are doing it to fund the initial costs involved in taking a concept from sculpt to cast final product, rather than having to go hungry until the costs are recouped.

This guy got some renders. He didn't know about printing, so the first prints were junk and he wasted half the money. Then he wasted the rest on an unreliable caster. When he eventually got some cast models, they were junk, which is what you get when you send a bad print to a bad caster. A friend backed it and was one of the lucky, random few toget his models. They are utter, utter crap though. He asked me to fix the models but I refused; it just wasn't worth the effort ortime, I'd pretty much have had to resculpt all the surface detail on a set of blobby dollies.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Kickstarter doesn't do flexible funding, it's either funded or not.
Won't touch flexible funding projects on Indiegogo as they seem to be the ones that have the most issues.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Kickstarter brought in new rules recently that basically srate that if a project funds the creator has to supply the goods or refund but I don't think anyone takes that seriously.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I wanted to find out ... from anyone who might read this ... if you pledged for this Indiegogo and never received the team ... could you PM me ... thanks.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Heard from 4 so far ... hoping to hear from more.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Heard from 4 so far ... hoping to hear from more.
When is the new trollcast stuff in your store anyway?

Goldbaek is my hero
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

Did you end up hearing from anyone else?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Rewslaun wrote:
Did you end up hearing from anyone else?
Assembled a good list from private messages and emails. Still working on what options there are if any.