WIP Dark Elf team and stadium

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

WIP Dark Elf team and stadium

Post by Tomolandry »

Hi everyone,

I am a long time lurker but feel it time to start posting. I've recently returned to the hobby - having last played BB in the 90's..... I got a little hooked after playing the Ipad version of the game, then tried out the PC version. This saw me try out Dark Elves - which tore me away from my beloved Undead.

I found myself having a lot of spare time (which sadly isn't the case now, so progress has stalled a little) so fancied building a stadium and painting up a Dark Elf team. I've taken a lot of inspiration from this site and spend far too many hours scouring google!!

To that end I figured I'd post a few pics and seek advice and constructive criticism!

I've got a few test mini's which I'll get round to posting later; I've tried to update the Darkside Cowboys colour scheme.

As for the stadium I have shamelessly ripped off Aspie's Lustria pitch; but have given it a Dark Elven twist.
IMG_8577.JPG
Pretty basic pitch; used polystyrene sheets, going for 30mm squares, cutting grooves in with a hot metal rod. I've then used two varieties of flock to make a 'mown' stadium sort of effect - I might put a light dusting of snow/frost over it and the stands. Unless anyone has better ideas for embellishment.... I was thinking of corner flags, using WFB banners/flags

I've got a dug out, two stands, an end zone 'grand stand' and a middle section - which I will post in due course! (I can't figure out how to add multiple attachements!! :o )

Ash
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: WIP Dark Elf team and stadium

Post by harvestmouse »

Cool best of luck with competing the team and pitch.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I have asupply of the very old plastic goblin with spears, they get to be linemen/corner flags :)

Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomolandry »

Here are a few pics of building the more elaborate dug out for the home team. I've used a few layers of polystyrene sheet to build up the height. Hirst Arts tiles have been used for the base and floor/steps. Balsa Wood and card for the walls.

My plan is to use the one section below for reserves, the two upstairs sections for dead and KO'd. I may put some sort of bench seating on the lower level, with some kind of table/stretchers up top. There is final section on the ground level which I am debating using for coaching staff/cheerleaders or re-rolls. Any suggestions welcome. I'll get the latest pic of this uploaded shortly.

Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomolandry »

These images aren't the greatest - i'll try a better camera next time round. I'll paint it a blue/grey colour - with a few spiky bits/dark elf symbols.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Looking good! Keep it up!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomolandry »

Here is the dug out - it is difficult to show up due to the black undercoat - i'll get round to painting it with a base coat soon enough. I'll see how it looks before embellishing it. The colour will be blue grey - but I am in need of a few suggestions about the colour of the middle bit - made from the corrugated card. I want something contrasting and dark-elfy but am drawing a blank.

Here is the side stand - i've two, one for each end. Pretty basic, shall ponder further weathering when the stadium is together. I shall do some advertising boards, but these will need to wait until its all pretty much assembled.

As always suggestions/comments welcomed.

Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomolandry »

Here is my first lineman - took a few repaints of the yellow and the clothing; struggled not to make it too blue, so I elected for a blue-grey. I don't think the camera does the painting justice. I think it reflects the classic Darkside Cowboys look! Its a Dark Eldar Kabalite with arms and head from an old Dark Elf warrior.

no idea why the second one ended up on the side....

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

the dark elf looks really good and your pitch looks great!

Rick Sanchez lives!
Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomolandry »

Hi folks!

A while since the last update - the stadium itself has 2 stands, an end zone grandstand, 1 middle section and a corner piece 'tower' made up. I'll post some pics when they are painted up -- shall then possibly ad streaky grime, bracken and snow. Then I might ad some decor along the lines of shield logos, hooks and other nastiness.

I'll waffle on about that when the pics are up - I'm in need of a little inspiration/motivation to get it finished!!!

That said, I've had more fun painting the team.....

This is the team so far ---- 2 witch elves, pretty straight forward conversions, hand-swaps and weapon snips. I've gone for a purple skin tone, which I think makes them look slightly more evil.....

This one isn't the clearest of pic -- the pose is a bit awkward to photograph; should have stuck the head on before painting the skin!!

This is just going to be a lineman - I liked the bits, and thought I'd use the beast master head!!

Made this one into a Kicker...

He isn't quite as purple as the image suggests; need to figure out a better way to photograph!!

I've got 2 runners on the go - semi completed/painted, and 2 blitzers, 2 more lineman (almond the line of the first). Hopefully I'll get them done soonish!! I think i'll paint stuff to use in my starting line up -- so I can actually get a game!!

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Nice team!

I really like the yellow.
I should have gone for that on my elves, instead of the traditional purple.

Which colours do you use?

cdwat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cdwat »

The colours really pop. Nice one :)

Tomolandry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tomolandry »

Thanks for the comments – always nice to get a little feedback.

After the first model I was somewhat regretting the choice of yellow – it took a lot of effort to get it right, but eventually it seems to
be paying off.

The revised yellow is a base of Averland Sunset, which I really must recommend for coverage over a dark base. I have then added some Vallejo Golden Yellow and then GW Flash Gits Yellow to the mix. I’ve used a wet palette to get a nice thin consistency/ I’ve then gone over it with a glaze of Vallejo yellow ink mixed with army painted soft tone – I found the shading just wasn’t there, particularly around the spikes. This toned down the yellow slightly – so I re-hightlighted edges with Flash Gits Yellow. I’ve then mixed in a little dry compound Photeous Pale sun. – I’ve used a little more white and the pale sun colour on the clothing elements of the yellow, to try to make it a little different from the armour.

The Blue is a build up of Kantor Blue and Vallejo Stormy blue ( I found the stormy blue ended up a little too shiny). I have then added more kantour blue. I’ve then dry brushed lightly a mix of a mid blue ( think it is Altioc blue) into. This was then glazed with a mix of Drakenhof Night shade and strong tone. I’ve then gently dry brushed the extreme edge to bring it out.