New Teams

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

New Teams

Post by Rayphoton »

Reason: ''
the solitaire
Star Player
Star Player

Re: New Teams

Post by the solitaire »

Not something I would buy

If you can´t fix it with a hammer, you have an electric problem
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

A few figures I like (zombies, weres) but overall a bit meh. RNStudios have produced better.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

What scale are they?

I think the High Elves look great, though they could do with the Catchers looking more Catchery.
Ogres and Amazons don't do it for me.
Undead I find a bit hit-and-miss. Zombies and Wights are standouts for me. Not a fan of the Orc-like Ghouls. Others look nice but I'd pass them over.

I'll be going in for Soaren and Ramtut at least (I think the Ramtut model looks superb).

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

There made for BB....so..I assume the scale is 28mm.

Speaking of ghouls that look like orcs..this was a huge problem with the gw undead team. I know a few people who actually painted their GW ghouls to be orc catchers and they fit perfectly. Maybe RN is going for that look.

JonnyKanone
Experienced
Experienced

Post by JonnyKanone »

howabe wrote:I think the High Elves look great, though they could do with the Catchers looking more Catchery.
Ogres and Amazons don't do it for me.
+1

In Addition:
I really appreciate alternative manufacutures' work. It helps to keep BB alive. But please: The positions must be clear... Otherwise it is (at least for myself) a no-buy criterion.. In this case, I cannot tell which one is a catcher and which one a blitzer :-?

cdwat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by cdwat »

As well as the Catchers not looking distinct enough (slightly less armour might do the job), the Blitzers' shoulders look crappy, the dragon horns would stop them moving their heads.
Apart from that, the High Elves are pretty good.

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

I like some of this stuff. Might chip in at a later date, namely zons and undead.
Edit, I'm now not so sure on my phone if I like the zons.will get a closer look at home, may just wait for a selection of these when they are released

klarensan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by klarensan »

I like the linemen of the elves, and the thrower, but I think the catchers and blitzers are so similar to the linemen (only different shoulders and kneepads) that I'm really thinking of getting them. Maybe with a different helmet and torso to make the blitzers more aggressive and the catchers more agile

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

25% of those I would buy. 25% of those I would consider. 50% I would ignore.

I really like the high elves, snots, and some of the undead. Not a fan of the Zons at all.

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

I actually like the basic design of the Zons, BUT what's with the animals? And pointy ears? I'd rather consider them as darkforrest elves...
And did anybody else notice the copycat on the longhaired ghoul (Darksider's Death!)?

Apart from that, I am also left with a very mixed feeling: some stuff is great (Snotlings and most of the Eternals) some things are okay (like the baisc design of the High Elves) and some things don't appeal to me at all (like the Ogresses and the animal companions).

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

Rayphoton wrote:There made for BB....so..I assume the scale is 28mm.
I asked RN Estudio, and they replied that they're 32mm.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

As others have said it is a bit of a mixed bag. I'm also very wary of putting up money just based on some images rather than pictures of actual models.

I like the high elves, though would prefer there was more variety of equipment to help differentiate the positionals. The snotlings work better as goblins and I can see they are designed for dual use.

Hate the ogres, looks like someone chopped the head off a dolls and stuck in on a he-man action figures along with the dolls dress and padded bra.

The zons have potential but am not certain about the differences in equipment and animals friends.

I do really like Ramtut and Zara is a cool model, though better suited to fantasy armies than BB.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

The I assume High Elf team looks like a human team. no pointy ears and human proportions. Still, a nice looking human team.

Not a fan of Ogres in the kitchen, and why do the goblins have giant thimbles for hats?

The Newzons are ok, I would imagine an amazon team, a long training montage after being beaten up by Orcs and then these emerging on the other side.

Undead a bit too comical to fit with my other teams.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

howabe wrote:
Rayphoton wrote:There made for BB....so..I assume the scale is 28mm.
Badum...
I asked RN Estudio, and they replied that they're 32mm.
...Tish.

It's a per brand thing, mostly.