Best SCULPTOR/3D ARTIST in the business?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Re: Best SCULPTOR/3D ARTIST in the business?

Post by JT-Y »

In general I think Kev White is probably one of the best sculptors; his anatomy and detail work is unsurpassed.
That said it comes down to style and taste, and I personally don't like much of Kev's stuff. I'm a big fan of Mark Copplestone's style.
Shane Hoyle is another great sculptor who's able to straddle styles. Jes isn't that great I don't think. The Perry's are both awesome. And Tre Manor has some phenomonal talent. Brian Nelson is also great, in any scale.

I couldn't actually pick a favourite...

In BB, Poncho consistently produces the best looking teams.

You should also check out Nick Bibby. See how far he's come from making little green men for Citadel and Foundry.

Reason: ''

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

JT-Y wrote:In general I think Kev White is probably one of the best sculptors; his anatomy and detail work is unsurpassed.
That said it comes down to style and taste, and I personally don't like much of Kev's stuff. I'm a big fan of Mark Copplestone's style.
Shane Hoyle is another great sculptor who's able to straddle styles. Jes isn't that great I don't think. The Perry's are both awesome. And Tre Manor has some phenomonal talent. Brian Nelson is also great, in any scale.

I couldn't actually pick a favourite...

In BB, Poncho consistently produces the best looking teams.

You should also check out Nick Bibby. See how far he's come from making little green men for Citadel and Foundry.
Yeah that is all well and good you know but this is about OUR sculptor's. I think the NAF should honor them each year by giving out awards for best team, best miniature, best sculptor, best sideline, best tournament fig, best Fundamentals(Like Sally4th's scoreboards), best terrain and such. Rookie of the year and Best Icebreaker(As in thinking fresh) of course as well. Perhaps a Best Potential for Conversion could slide in other sculptors little bit as well though.

Obviously the companies who made it all happen needs cred as co-winners as well.

And/Or we or those of us on Facebook could do it every january, but the NAF is best to avoid cheating and/or trolling.

Goldbaek is my hero
JT-Y
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

theghr wrote:Yeah that is all well and good you know...
Sorry, I didn't realise we were being marked on our responses.
Consider me chastened.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

theghr wrote:Yeah that is all well and good you know but this is about OUR sculptor's.
I don't know that they're really OUR sculptors. Most of them do sculpts outside of Blood Bowl as well and many fantasy sculpts convert over to Blood Bowl quite easily.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

The sensitivity is strong in this one in sense. Fact is that they are producing miniatures for us to use so therefore they deserve it. Do some of them(A select fiew as i see it) do it just for money? Sure, but i can accept that. When it comes to conversions it may be a great part of the hobby but i dont think its something for the NAF to fucus too much of their appreciation on. But as i said, there could be one award for best conversion potential just to make a point of it. It would be a funny one as well i think even though the recipient most often would probably not care for it extremely much, for example Mantic wouldn't especially becouse of Dreadball.

Goldbaek is my hero
willy
Star Player
Star Player

Post by willy »

My favorite sculptor "No Willy-miniatures" is Stumpo , others models I like very much "team Sarcos" and eagle .

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

my vote goes to Rykar.

Rick Sanchez lives!
txanke
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by txanke »

For me the best sculptor for fantasy football is Pedro Ramos.

Regardless the working for Vortice Miniatures has also made impressive work with all other brands.

Good sculptor and a better person. My vote is for he.

theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by theghr »

Regardless the Spaniard's is really shifty, with the italian's coming second. Crazy how much talent there are in those two countries.

Goldbaek is my hero