Gw bloodbowl ogre team painted on commission at medium level

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Gw bloodbowl ogre team painted on commission at medium level

Post by axia »

Hi guys! This time I present you an oop ogre team painted at middle game level! Painted in two days, it was a real pleasure, the quality of the old minis is far better than some of the new ones! Look at the faces! They are awesome! As always, comments and critics are welcome, I accept commissions. Cheers!

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Why do I even click on these threads any more? I know that trying to reconcile axia's description with the actual standard of miniature on show is going to be terrible for my self esteem, so why do I put myself through it?

Axia, your "medium level" is better than anything I could hope to achieve. Exceptional work. I suspect if I ever see a team that you consider worthy of "high level" I'm going to melt, screaming, like one of those nazis at the end of raiders of the lost ark.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Chris
Legend
Legend

Re: Gw bloodbowl ogre team painted on commission at medium l

Post by Chris »

Oh no snotling repetition!

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

?!? Anyone in on the plan to abduct Axia, stick him in a cellar and have him paint our teams for the next years ...(well in his case couple of weeks)?

Superb work !

Aino- William

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Aino wrote:?!? Anyone in on the plan to abduct Axia, stick him in a cellar and have him paint our teams for the next years ...(well in his case couple of weeks)?
I know a ninja if you have the basement.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

*insert default axia-painting-response here*

:D

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

Come and take me! Auauauauau!

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

Another great team, no doubt, but I've got to say when I read something like "medium level 2 day job" now I roll my eyes a bit. Lots of people myself absolutely included cannot paint to this standard, yes we get that your skills cup runneth over and your teams are consistently magnificent, but we don't really need to read that you smashed out a quick golden deamon winner in 30 seconds while you did a back flip and completed a rubix cube.

I have to stay completely and utterly focused for several weeks to reach anything resembling this standard. Please keep posting your quality teams but please also remember people may be looking for inspiration and it doesn't necessarily help to know something that takes weeks of dedication to them turns out like something you disinterestedly slapped together while game of thrones was on.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Personally I love it. I don't think Axia is rubbing our nose in it. Is just very skilled and works to a commercial timetable. I just smile every time I read the timing alongside the quality as frankly I can never match either! And the time and money is interesting - I do wonder why the total price for the tem isn't put up as well as standard, so if I can't paint that well at least I can try and save up!

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Darkson wrote:
Aino wrote:?!? Anyone in on the plan to abduct Axia, stick him in a cellar and have him paint our teams for the next years ...(well in his case couple of weeks)?
I know a ninja if you have the basement.
I have a basement .... mmm ... interesting !

Axia, Could we get some idea of the prices as Chris suggested? I don't need total disclorsure of your agreements with your customers, but a rough estimate per figure or so?

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

We are around 10 euros per infantryman.. about my statement about level and time is just for show how I work, believe me, I don't want to offend none. And I can say, that I have the same feelings when I meet other italian pro painters like Mirko Cavalloni, that won silver at the Golden Demon with a mini painted at 5 am of the same day because he can't sleep, while my week of work mini took bronze.. just stay focused and let's go!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

i've been painting gaming miniatures scinse 1977. i started with 25mm lead D&D figures from ral partha and grenadier, using oil based testors model paint, terpintine and cheep paintbrushes i got from god knows where.
i joke that i hav'nt improved much scinse then, tho i love painting figures. now, i know my work is solid, if unremarkable. i try to improve as much as i can, and i do ask quite often how a certain thing was painted, what washes were used, etc.
it offends me not one bit to find the better painters "bragging" that work like this is easy as pie to them. in fact, it amazes me. and heck, why not brag? mean to say, its just painting miniatures we're talking about here. as long as it does'nt devolve into something like, "MY work makes YOUR work look like a pile of crap", who does it bother?
YMMV.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

axia wrote:We are
Aha! The secret, uncovered. How many slaves? :orc:

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

I too find it amazing that axia can paint at such a high level in a short amount of time. It doesn't offend me though. I'm just in awe at the speed he can paint great miniatures. And I love seeing the pictures, so keep it up! :D

axia, how did you paint the beard stubble on the ogres faces?

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Yeah, I am going to have to support Axia on this one, he does a great job and why shouldn't he show pictures? Especially in a subforum about miniatures?

Besides, looking at well painted models makes me want to improve my own technique. As long as I think my stuff is "good enough", why bother? It's good and healthy to see that there is so much room for improvement.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"