Show Us Yer Teams!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Show Us Yer Teams!

Post by Madsherman »

rolo wrote:
Some models roll over with round bases, especially smaller stuff like goblins and snotlings. A few folks in our league have square bases for those types of player so you don't have to worry about stunned players spontaneously healing ;)

I've also seen models on hex bases. If you think square is blasphemy then just close your eyes :-D
You know what? I just realised the skaven team I'm assembling can't use round bases, because the clanrats are so straight on and pointy nosed/tailed... have to go hex-based..

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Regash wrote:Because they came with the minis.
WHFB has square bases and it doesn't really matter, does it?

Also, we used to turn each player 180° when he has made his move, to mark him as moved.
Easier to determine the direction with square bases, but that was just a side effect.
got ya. and to be clear, i was'nt deriding the work(witch is very good, btw). just don't offten see square bases.
nice work!

Rick Sanchez lives!
bandages
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bandages »

First time poster!
Here are my converted Dwarf (The Stoutbrew Steeers) and my Orc (Da Squig Chewaz) teams.

And the beginnings of my Underworld team!

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

very nice work! where did the orcs come from? conversion?
and welcome to the best blood bowl fan site in the world :D

Rick Sanchez lives!
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Nice stuff, congrats!
Really cool orc conversions you've got there!

Cheers,
A.

nazgob
Legend
Legend

Show Us Yer Teams!

Post by nazgob »

Seconded. I love the orcs.

chip_killy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chip_killy »

So I've always wanted to play Bloodbowl, but have always had to settle on playing the Cyanide version. Turns out there's a local scene that I never knew about, and I've gotten a league started.

Since I actually want to play in the league, I managed to get my hands on a couple sets of the old 3rd ed starter Orcs.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Congrats :orc:

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

This is some of my wife shirleys work. not golden demon level, but very nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rick Sanchez lives!
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Ah, I like that as well! :D
Plus, I like the realistic sand look of the bases!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

What company makes those skeletons?

chip_killy wrote:So I've always wanted to play Bloodbowl, but have always had to settle on playing the Cyanide version. Turns out there's a local scene that I never knew about, and I've gotten a league started.

Since I actually want to play in the league, I managed to get my hands on a couple sets of the old 3rd ed starter Orcs.
Very nice, have a soft spot for the old plastic teams - saying that since it was released I still have only painted the orcs (a couple of years back) and have only undercoated the humans! I used re-based heroquest goblins for the little chaps, and a random stone troll from the bits box (this chap with weapon removed http://www.necrotales.com/necroGallerie ... alNumber=1).

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

that is the gas pez arts team. highly recommended.

Rick Sanchez lives!
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

The Ungrateful Undead!

My longest-running tabletop team, and generally most successful (until a rash of Tomb Guard death rendered them harmless in the playoffs).

Apologies for the headache-inducing blurry photography.

Tomb Guards
#1 - Jimi Khemdrix IV
#2 - Ziggy Skulldust IV
#3 - Ptah Gabriel II
#4 - Deaddie Mercury
All four have had Guard and Mighty Blow at one point. Together they made a terrifying wall for any opponent.
Now only Deaddie Mercury remains of that crew, and he's starting to look like a potential bloat reset (-AV, Mighty Blow, Guard, Stand Firm). But since he is one of only five of the original players to remain on the team since game 1, I am going to let him play out his career.

Blitz-Ras and Throw-Ras
#5 - Billy Ray Osiris
#6 - MC Khopesh
#7 - Vanilla Isis
#8 - Ol' Dirty Bastet
Both Blitz-Ras are phenomenal players. Billy Ray is the more versatile all-around player, with Tackle, MB, Guard, and Fend. MC Khopesh has ST4, Mighty Blow, and Tackle, which more than makes up for his niggling injury.
ODB is my main ball carrier. With his MV 7 he lets me use the finesse tactics usually not associated with Khemri, and ... no, wait. He's still a terrible ball carrier and would be the worst ball carrier on most other teams.
Vanilla Isis is ... special. I bought him after my first game. Game 2, against Wood Elves, I suffered my first Tomb Guard death, and Vanilla suffered -MA. By the time I could afford to replace him, he'd earned Block and Leader and had performed reasonably well on defense, and I didn't have the heart to cut him.

Skeletons
# 9 - Bone Jovi II
#10 - David Lee-Ra IV
#11 - Carlos Set-Ana
#12 - Are-Thoth Franklin II
#13 - 50 Shekel
#14 - Michael Jack-Setekh
#15-18 Journeymen or Mercs as needed
What can I say? The skellies are great at two things; getting caught fouling, and attracting the eye of the Blood Bowl media and being awarded MVP's.

Staff
Entertainment, rerolls, everything a coach could need! I even use the score marker from time to time.
Still working on building bribe markers, that project keeps getting delayed and interrupted ...

Star Players
So far I only have Ramtut and Hack Enslash. I've used both (Ramtut only once against an unbelievably bloated Chaos team). Most of the time, when I get inducements, I take Bribes.

Now if only I could figure out how to take pictures that don't look like they were taken from a speeding car ...

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

You'll need a camera, that has autofocus and, of course, is able to focus on such a short distance.
Since the only camera I have is the one on my phone, I have the same problem.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Macro mode, it normally goes as a flower icon, could help.

And as for autofocus... well, in some cases it sucks, because it gets confused, but most have it anyway, and the "pro" feature is manual focus. Also you have to keep the camera still, so if you can't use a tripod, at least use a pile of books, or rest your elbows somewhere. Extra light in the room will also help with shake (more light mean less time needed for the sensor to capture).