A Goblin Scoreboard

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wirelizard
Rookie
Rookie

A Goblin Scoreboard

Post by Wirelizard »

I built a very Lizardman themed set of BB sideboard temples last year, and having been playing Goblin and Skaven teams more recently I decided to build a scoreboard that was more gobbo-styled and less lizardy.

Thankfully, gobbos aren't known for being high-precision craftspeople so I was able to break out the coffee stir sticks and some other bits and crack on with it!

Here's how it looks so far, with a couple of my BB ads for colour and the actual scoreboard part in checkboard part.

The plan is to put rare earth magnets behind the scoreboard part to hold up the number placards and a third smaller placard in the centre as a weather indicator.

There's a bit more over on the blog: http://www.warbard.ca/2015/11/17/a-gobl ... -part-one/

Reason: ''
gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Re: A Goblin Scoreboard

Post by gninocker »

Loks allright gobbo-ish. Why the fluorescent base?

Wirelizard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wirelizard »

gninocker wrote:Loks allright gobbo-ish. Why the fluorescent base?
Scrap plexi I had in my stores bin, chosen because it was thick enough and rigid enough for the base. It's already been covered in sand and paint, and will get grass flock over it this evening.

There's two pieces of wire superglued into holes in the plexi that go an inch or so up into each leg of the scoreboard to hold everything in place. Despite the gobbo-carpentry appearance I wanted the thing strong enough to withstand use!

Wirelizard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wirelizard »

Finished the base, the bright shiny plexi has vanished!

Only thing left to do is magnets behind the checkerboard part, then the score number placards and weather placards.

After that it'll be on to the two team dugouts and marker tracks for turn and reroll, which I still haven't finalized the design for in my head.

Bit more over on the blog: http://www.warbard.ca/2015/11/19/a-gobl ... -part-two/

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I've got that same Treeman on my work table... Wish he didn't need such a huge base.

Scoreboard is terrific. I'm working on something similar, but I didn't think to add the advertisements. Totally swiping that!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

For my personal taste, the wood needs some severe weathering.

But don't take this as critsism, I probably couldn't come up with something as good as yours.

Wirelizard
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wirelizard »

The wood of the scoreboard has gotten another round or two of weathering; I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it tomorrow sometime.

I've just finished the basic structure of the first dugout for this set; goblin carpentry gets even rougher! The base is scrap plastic sheet, most of the wood is coffee stir sticks with craft balsa for the beams.

The plan is to have ads along both sides of the hoarding along the back.

The turn- and reroll-trackers will be done up like low spectator terraces, with roughly the same footprint of the dugouts.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Ha them and us :D brilliant!

I like the dug outs...

You could try some wood varnish (dip) and mat varnish (spray) to give it an older worn feel. Just a suggestion haven't tried it myself but worth doing test bit first I reckon.

:orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Brilliant!
Makes me to build another pitch too.
Please, keep us updated.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts