GW - Who Sculpted What?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

GW - Who Sculpted What?

Post by BullBear »

Is there a resource that lists out who sculpted what official GW models (from 1st ed BB on)? Getting the names on the great independents is easy, but it dawned on me that I don't know all the artists of the official lines.

Reason: ''
theghr
Veteran
Veteran

Re: GW - Who Sculpted What?

Post by theghr »

I think its a great thing to know all the artists behind all companies minis. I'm not a member of NAF but i really think someone like them, or perhaps Blood Bowl Community on FB needs to install a yearly award show in different categories, for suitable miniatures from the Fantasy Football realm. "Most innovative idea" and so forth. Really the reasons not to, seems sparse.

Goldbaek is my hero
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

I think 2nd ed was mostly Jes Goodwin
3rd was definately Gary -oh the horror- Morley
he did the Amazons as well I suppose, looking at the team

don't know about the later additions (Lizzie Cheerleader / Res. Gutter Runner and those various humans and elves)

BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BullBear »

Dave wrote:3rd was definately Gary -oh the horror- Morley
I suppose it's because it's what I played the most, but I like the 3rd edition minis. True they aren't as sports-like as 2nd, but according to the fluff packed in with 3rd ed they made sense. They used similar armor as what they fought with, but threw around a pig-skin.

I also find the models easy to paint. Even with big hands and such.

sydo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sydo »

Blood-bowl-miniatures.de has a lot of info about the minis' sculptors. Myself, I like a lot of the 3rd edition miniatures. Just hate the pro elves and wood elves. But then I am a GW purist and don't buy a lot of new sculpts. Exception being Vortice miniatures and the new Slann team in progress by JBone.

BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BullBear »

sydo wrote:Blood-bowl-miniatures.de has a lot of info about the minis' sculptors. Myself, I like a lot of the 3rd edition miniatures. Just hate the pro elves and wood elves. But then I am a GW purist and don't buy a lot of new sculpts. Exception being Vortice miniatures and the new Slann team in progress by JBone.
Wow! That site is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Oddly, it lists the Norse as being 3rd ed models released in 1991. Surely that's incorrect. The game didn't come out until, what, '93? '94? Also, I believe they came out later. Closer to the release of the Lizards and Amazons. I could be wrong though...

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

BullBear wrote:
sydo wrote:Blood-bowl-miniatures.de has a lot of info about the minis' sculptors. Myself, I like a lot of the 3rd edition miniatures. Just hate the pro elves and wood elves. But then I am a GW purist and don't buy a lot of new sculpts. Exception being Vortice miniatures and the new Slann team in progress by JBone.

Oddly, it lists the Norse as being 3rd ed models released in 1991. Surely that's incorrect. The game didn't come out until, what, '93? '94? Also, I believe they came out later. Closer to the release of the Lizards and Amazons. I could be wrong though...
You're off on times. ;) I played Blood Bowl in high school on the styrofom (Astrogranite!) pitch - well before 1990.

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BullBear »

ddancer wrote:
BullBear wrote:

You're off on times. ;) I played Blood Bowl in high school on the styrofom (Astrogranite!) pitch - well before 1990.
I meant 3rd ed didn't come out until the mid-90's, yet that site listed the models as being released in '91. Were they released for 2nd, then held over and re-released during 3rd?

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

that's got to be a typo. i'm pretty sure that the GW Norse team was a 4th edition team released about the same time as the Amazons.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

BullBear wrote: I meant 3rd ed didn't come out until the mid-90's, yet that site listed the models as being released in '91. Were they released for 2nd, then held over and re-released during 3rd?
That, I am unsure of. :)

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

BullBear wrote:..Oddly, it lists the Norse as being 3rd ed models released in 1991. Surely that's incorrect. The game didn't come out until, what, '93? '94? Also, I believe they came out later. Closer to the release of the Lizards and Amazons. I could be wrong though...
1st Edition Blood Bowl originally came out at the tail end of 1986
2nd edition, with the Astrogranite pitch came out summer of 1987
3rd edition came out in 1994
4th edition (Gold) came out in 2001 as rules only in Blood Bowl Magazine 1

it was after the fan uproar over Gold rules the BBRC was formed.

the rest you can check out on the wikipedia page:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl#History

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Norses are from after '95 (they were first seen then, in a White Dwarf article featuring Gary Morley (that was actually the first WD I ever bought)).
They were released as a team after that (don't know when exactly).

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

Dave wrote:I think 2nd ed was mostly Jes Goodwin
Jes Goodwin did the elves and the skaven. He also did some star players, an ogre and some of the chaos players I think

Mark Copplestone did the Humans
Kev Adams did the orcs, goblins and snotlings (of course)
Dwarfs, dark elves and halflings were done by the Perry twins

Edit: Bob Naismith contributed to the range with some big guys

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
axiom
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by axiom »

Bob Olley did most of the 2nd ed big guys, not Bob Naismith. The Ogres, 'unreleased' trolls and minotaurs are all his. The common 2nd ed troll is by one of the Perry twins, while the 2nd ed ogre with Mohawk and spiked fist is Jes Goodwin's.

I think the 1st edition models were all Aly Morrison, apart from the ogre (also Jes Goodwin).

http://www.magpieandoldlead.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.beastfaceminiatures.blogspot.co.uk/
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Pro Elves by Steve Buddle IIRC, same as the Vampires. Right?