Norse/Human Spartan Team Indiegogo

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Norse/Human Spartan Team Indiegogo

Post by horekim »

Txarli Miniatures wrote:Normally, more scale, more realistic proportions. However, the quality of the resin is allowing us to do more and more realistic models.
This is where you go wrong IMO. A realistic miniature doesn't necessarily make a good miniature. The same goes for a lot of statues. If they had been realistically proportioned a lot of them would have looked odd.

Reason: ''
Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Txarli Miniatures »

Klasalmroth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Klasalmroth »

Hi!
I like the team and have backed the project. However I think you would pull more backers if you some how gave the option to easily remove the shields.
From the back the team will just Look like a Wall Of shields!

shuran31
Rookie
Rookie

Post by shuran31 »

Klasalmroth wrote:Hi!
I like the team and have backed the project. However I think you would pull more backers if you some how gave the option to easily remove the shields.
From the back the team will just Look like a Wall Of shields!
Yes !

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

We listen to the people and strive to please the greatest number of people.
However we can not please all wishes. Here is the final design of the new Star Player

Klasalmroth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Klasalmroth »

I just posted a comment on your indiegogo page suggesting you show an example of a player without a shield to see if backers like it. I think it's great that you listen to the backing crowd as you have already. And I also think that removing the shields could be a real game breaker for you guys as your team is way cooler than the current amount of backers suggest.

If you want shields somewhere in the team, can't you just use them to make reroll counters? After all it makes more sense to leave your shields on the ground next to your spears while playing football rather than to put them on your back where they are in the way when you try to squeeze through the hole. They will also be in the way whilst offering next to no protection. (The lack of protection might not be true though as it is based on me assuming that block in the back is as illegal in blood bowl as it is in football =) )

gninocker
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gninocker »

Illegal and BloodBowl in the same sentence. Yawzah.

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

I think the shields is a hallmark of the Spartans, and they have to take them somewhere. To bring back not being used. As I say, you can not make the miniatures to the pleasure worldwide
:wink:

Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

Way too big. Sorry. Not even close. S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Too big for my taste. Like the minis, not their size.

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

A pity that some think that size is not suitable. I compared many miniatures of many brands, and assure that the chosen size is adequate. When you see the miniatures in the field, many give me the reason.

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Sorry but they are bigger than a black orc! And not just a bit...
Maybe if painted up and next to another 'normal' (gw for example) I might change my mind.

Txarli Miniatures
Rookie
Rookie

It is higher than a Black Orc GW (very old miniatures), but the Orc has much more muscle mass.
The trend of new brands is to offer more stylized miniatures. :wink:

Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Txarli Miniatures wrote:...The trend of new brands is to offer more stylized miniatures. :wink:
Great looking miniatures but an 8 foot human? No thanks. Keep your 'more stylized miniatures' and I will keep my money and continue to purchase from vendors that keep to a 'less stylized miniature'.

Klasalmroth
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Klasalmroth »

Stout Youngblood wrote: Great looking miniatures but an 8 foot human? No thanks.
I think it seems pretty consistent in comparison to RN estudios orc which is more or less as tall but much thicker. These are not mere humans after all but spartans and thus should be slightly bigger than normal men.

In the end I personally don't care that much about size. I respect that size comparison on the pitch is important to some players. But given that my models spend at most 3 hours a week on the gaming table and the rest of the 165 hours of the week looking good in my showcase shelf, I think that the benefit of coolness outweighs the eventual shortcomings of size.

Also I wouldn't dream of putting time in to paint the old GW blood bowl models like the Black orc in the comparison, which in my opinion is inferior to most of the new independent models. So the fact that the spartans are taller than him doesn't bother me much. I know a lot of you guys like old school though!