Norse team

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

t_sergi
Rookie
Rookie

Norse team

Post by t_sergi »

Hi!
Here's some pics of my new Norse team. What do you think?

Reason: ''
horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Norse team

Post by horekim »

Overall I like it. I do however think he is too heavily muscled. Especially the legs seem out of proportion. I would also encourage you to drop the horns on the helmet. I know this is fantasy, but if you want these miniatures to resemble vikings then the horns have to go.

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

I think he looks allright. Big thick strong mean looking guy that looks like he could do some serious ailing and footballing if he needed to. All around very solid

I have to disagree with the horns comment. I think its a nice fantasy flair that really makes them stick out. Fantasy vikings had horns and wear them well

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

love them. :D

In 3D they seem a bit muscular, but I am sure once printed they will look amazing.

Great work as usual. I will join this one once it comes out.

Wifflebat
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wifflebat »

I like 'em a lot. I'm a fan of the horns as well, if they're not too fragile!

I was Puzzlemonkey, but now I'm Wifflebat. Please forward my mail...
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

horekim wrote:... I would also encourage you to drop the horns on the helmet. I know this is fantasy, but if you want these miniatures to resemble vikings then the horns have to go.
It's the same with the "Spartan" team that is currently running. They are taller than black orcs and have a shield on their back. The designer must have been a HUGE "300" fan since the design of the team has nothing to do with the actual Spartans (they were tall for the time but not 8' tall or have the Lamda symbol on their shields). :puke: Total Fantasy and if that is what you like...

t_sergi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by t_sergi »

Some new pics :D Thanks for the comments.

dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

Nice. I like them a lot. Fingers are crossed that these will be 28mm scale.

I wasn't in the market for a Norse team (or nurgle, or goblin or nuns....) but there are a lot of new good looking teams out there right now!

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

WOW. these guys look AWESOME.

Rick Sanchez lives!
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i think they look really good. I am concerned about size, though, as most 3d sculpted minis tend to be 32mm. if they're closer to 28mm, you may have a good thing going here.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

They look promising, but the musculature needs a lot more work to look human

horekim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by horekim »

To all the 3D sculptors out there: Please remember to take the painting process into account when you design your miniatures. Ask yourselves: "Will this miniature paint up well?"

With the level of detail I see on miniatures like these norse I fear that the tiniest of brushes will be insufficient. Unless you just drybrush the whole thing - but then again, what is the point of a super-detailed miniature then?

Lead Under The Bed - My painting blog
axia
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by axia »

Stout Youngblood wrote:
horekim wrote:... I would also encourage you to drop the horns on the helmet. I know this is fantasy, but if you want these miniatures to resemble vikings then the horns have to go.
It's the same with the "Spartan" team that is currently running. They are taller than black orcs and have a shield on their back. The designer must have been a HUGE "300" fan since the design of the team has nothing to do with the actual Spartans (they were tall for the time but not 8' tall or have the Lamda symbol on their shields). :puke: Total Fantasy and if that is what you like...

Finally another guy that studies and loves history like me!

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Good point. I actually thought about that, when I saw all the fur on the model. When you look at a person, one usually noticed hair as "one surface". Maybe a couple of stripes of hair here and there, but in general the eye tends not to see every tiny hair by itself. So, a little less detail here would be more in the end.

The linemen I like a lot so far. They look like Karl Kopinskis conceptart of the norse players from the Cyanide game and I personally felt it was a nice visual translation of the northman concept.

The berserkers I`m not sure of. It`s cool that they resemble the helmetstyle of the old GW modell but at the same moment when I think about that classic sculpt, the seem a so dynamic, that they lack bodytension to a certain degree. I think a more static "Come get some" pose would fit them better, while thy dynamic attack pose will suit the Ulfwereners better.