MK1881 Pothos team - CHAOS need suggestions and input

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

molten
Veteran
Veteran

MK1881 Pothos team - CHAOS need suggestions and input

Post by molten »

Ok, here we are, we have been working on it for a while now. Max Gallo has done an amazing job again in making my ideas in drawing.
We have hired the 3D sculptor who has started the work, and details of the models will be the same as we used for the ARES Khorne Team.
(Note this team will not have acrobatic figures in it ;)...)

But before he finishes the models I will like some input from all of you.

We have selected Warrior 3 for basic armor, and the 4 models will all have different helmets, we are using helmet from model 2 and 3 for sure. Also each model will have his armor changed a bit to differentiate more the models.

The Daemonette we have choose body 3, I personally will like to avoid the tabard, but it can be easily added later. The heads will vary, we plan 7 models for them that will differentiate in the head and armor/poses.

All models will have mutations available, these will be free stretch goals as the few star players we are working on now.

We have defined the Mino model and open to any suggestions.. should we use the mutated head or not? Or should we offer one as a Indiegogo exclusive model?
We had several concepts but where a bit too massive IMO...

Note all comments/suggestions bad or good are accepted as long as they are constructive :) please avoid comments like they suck without explaining why. :)

Reason: ''
howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Re: MK1881 Pothos team - CHAOS need suggestions and input

Post by howabe »

Just my personal aesthetic preference, but I think the Warriors could be better without the layered armour plates. When I think Slaanesh, it's more smooth surfaces with maybe the odd bit of studded leather here or there. I like that they seem fairly tall and lean.

I don't think Daemonettes should be wearing shoes.

Minotaur concept looks very nice.

Looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Personally I like body 3, with head 2 and shoulder 1 on the warrior. In my opinion a team with a slaaneshfocus needs a bit softer attachment to properly resemble the appearance. I would also avoid a to "scaly" shoulderplate - you need to put the number somewhere and the shoulderpad is the best place for it. Again, that`s my personal taste.

On the daemonettes I like design 1 a lot. It`s pretty much the typical slaanesh style. The only thing I´d probably change is one of the hands to be regular. Tha clawd one looks fine, the other hand should be just like a normal one.

What I kind of lack in the team is a slaanesh style beastman. Not that it`t neccessary, but it would break up a to onesided look.

With the minotaur I prefer a very standard version with less fancy stuff on him. But hey slaanesh, right? Time for a nosering...

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

Ok so it looks like you've been going through my Facebook lol joking of course. I've been trying to put a Slaanesh team together for ages so thanks for making it a reality.

I like marauder/warrior 2.
Deamon 1 with deamon 2 torso and head.
And mino number 3, maybe with a Deamon head like the slaanesh demonic steed or greater deamon.
You also need a lot of claw mutation add ons.
Looking forward to seeing more :)

Back 2 Back Ausbowl Wooden Spooner!
Chaos Dwarf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Chaos Dwarf »

I rather like your concepts. I like the look of the Warriors not having too much armor strapped to them but still conveying the look of strength. Slanesh Warriors in my mind I imagine being covered in tattoos so exposed skin is fine in my book. I rather like the looks of warrior 2.

I agree the demonetts should not have shoes. While the exposed breast look is classic my wife would frown upon me painting those up. That being said I think the look of number three works the best. Especially like the funky horns.

I like the mutated head of the Minotaur. It's unique and fits the style of the team. Perhaps offer up a second option for the purists out there. Again, I like the concepts and look forward to seeing more.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Chaos Dwarf wrote:I rather like your concepts. I like the look of the Warriors not having too much armor strapped to them but still conveying the look of strength. Slanesh Warriors in my mind I imagine being covered in tattoos so exposed skin is fine in my book. I rather like the looks of warrior 2.

I agree the demonetts should not have shoes. While the exposed breast look is classic my wife would frown upon me painting those up. That being said I think the look of number three works the best. Especially like the funky horns.

I like the mutated head of the Minotaur. It's unique and fits the style of the team. Perhaps offer up a second option for the purists out there. Again, I like the concepts and look forward to seeing more.
+1

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

:D yep exactly what I was looking for.

I am having the shoulder pad of 3 replaced with something more similar to 1.
I didn't ask for full armors on purpose, both cause I liked it and because IMO it looks more Slaanesh like.
There will be 4 models, 4 poses, and 4 different heads. Also working on making the shoulder pads a bit different.
An additional sprue with mutations for the warriors will be made and added as a free stretch goal based on the level of pledge

The daemonettes will be bare foot, using body 3. Initially there will be 7 available poses with variations both of the head and clothing. (more will be added based on funding)
The daemonettes will also have a sprue with mutations (all will have just regular arms standard) that will be added as a FREE sprue stretch goal.

The mino I am working to see if we can have 2 heads made. One will be a KS exclusive.

Once done and ready to launch we will work on some Star Players to match the team...

Almost there..

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

Will the campaign be kickstarter or indiegogo?

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

any word on this..I've been wanting to do a Slaanesh team for along time and you sorta read my mind

looking forward to it

molten
Veteran
Veteran

Post by molten »

It will be an Indiegogo still debating it.

And is coming soon, hopefully before the end of the month, working on the final models and graphics.

Also if any of you will be attending the WC2015 in Lucca we may have some of the 3D printed models of them in display :)

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

Any news on these?

Maro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Maro »

molten wrote: All models will have mutations available, these will be free stretch goals as the few star players we are working on now.

I likes the style of Deamonettes-concept 1 with the faces of concept three. The best since the great old metal GW deamonettes (http://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99119915010.jpg)

Please choose concept one :blue:

Concept three for the warriors is a good choice.
molten wrote:We have defined the Mino model and open to any suggestions.. should we use the mutated head or not? Or should we offer one as a Indiegogo exclusive model?
Great! I love the half mutated head!

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

Some slaanesh cheerleaders or nurse/coaches/ type minis would be also very cool.

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

Any updates on the team and whether they'll be indiegogo or kickstarter?

MyKi#1
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MyKi#1 »

MyKi#1 wrote:Any updates on the team and whether they'll be indiegogo or kickstarter?
Bump