star players team colours?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

star players team colours?

Post by El Hombre »

A Question for the fluff-adepts :) .

Which starplayers have a "fixed" background-team, and so have "fixed" colours? For example: Griff Oberwald, before becoming a star, played for the Reikland Reavers. Their teamcolours are known (mostly blue with white shoulderpads), so Griff has a "standard" uniform and is mostly painted in blues.

I'm asking because I'm about to paint some starplayers, and I struggle with good painting schemes. So I could as well use "official" ones :wink:

Reason: ''
Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--
Ren_Rew
Rookie
Rookie

Re: star players team colours?

Post by Ren_Rew »

Why don't you make up an "all-star" team and have all the star players in the same color scheme?

[b]God does not roll dice.[/b]
Albert Einstein
[i]German physicist[/i]
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

I did mine so and so. Varag I have painted in red and white for the Eye. Others I did as I liked and put a NAF insignia shoulderpad on to symbolise their independence (sort of). I reckon, which ever route you follow, you can't go wrong... except for ont thing: the Reavers team colors are blue and yellow :wink:

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Classic Reavers:

Newer Reavers:

So given that many teams have had their colours changed over the years (the ones we know about) I wouldn't worry to much about having "proper" colours.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Darkson wrote:Classic Reavers:

Newer Reavers:

So given that many teams have had their colours changed over the years (the ones we know about) I wouldn't worry to much about having "proper" colours.
Must be their away jerseys. The latest rule set still has them listet with blue/yellow :D
But fully agree with not worrying about "proper" colours!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm worried or feel obliged... i want to paint them that way :-).

But as I understand, it stops with griff and zug then?

howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

Skimming through the LRB factoids:

Griff Oberwald: Reikland Reavers
Mighty Zug: Reikland Reavers
Eldril Sidewinder: Galadrieth Gladiators
Morg 'n' Thorg: Chaos All-Stars
Varag Ghoul-Chewer: Gouged Eye
Hubris Rakarth: Darkside Cowboys
Ramtut III: Champions of Death
Count Luthor: Champions of Death
Icepelt Hammerblow: Arctic Cragspiders

IIRC, both Fungus the Loon and Ripper played for Da Deff Skwadd according to the 3rd edition book.

EDIT: Interestingly, Fungus is now incapable of being hired by Orc teams.

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

howabe wrote:Skimming through the LRB factoids:

Griff Oberwald: Reikland Reavers
Mighty Zug: Reikland Reavers
Eldril Sidewinder: Galadrieth Gladiators
Morg 'n' Thorg: Chaos All-Stars
Varag Ghoul-Chewer: Gouged Eye
Hubris Rakarth: Darkside Cowboys
Ramtut III: Champions of Death
Count Luthor: Champions of Death
Icepelt Hammerblow: Arctic Cragspiders
Thank you, this is what I was looking for! Most of these teams have been depicted somewhere, so I can start from that.

yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

In 2nd edition, all the star players had colour illustrations that were on their cards, so you could see what colours they would wear. So if there are any specific ones you're interested in the colours for, I suggest checking 2nd ed to see if they were in there. Barik Farblast had a yellow and grey uniform as I recall, for example, though I can't remember what team he was from... Dwarf Warhammers perhaps?

El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

yggdrasil wrote:In 2nd edition, all the star players had colour illustrations that were on their cards, so you could see what colours they would wear. So if there are any specific ones you're interested in the colours for, I suggest checking 2nd ed to see if they were in there. Barik Farblast had a yellow and grey uniform as I recall, for example, though I can't remember what team he was from... Dwarf Warhammers perhaps?
great tip man! I'll look them up for sure.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

yggdrasil wrote:In 2nd edition, all the star players had colour illustrations that were on their cards, so you could see what colours they would wear. So if there are any specific ones you're interested in the colours for, I suggest checking 2nd ed to see if they were in there. Barik Farblast had a yellow and grey uniform as I recall, for example, though I can't remember what team he was from... Dwarf Warhammers perhaps?
The Barik Farblast illustration had black and white as his uniform with small areas of yellow details, pretty good looking colour scheme really.

As to painting stars it depends on what you want to use them for. Is it as a centrepiece for a specific team or a general star player that can be used for multiple teams?

if it they are to be used for 1 specific team then I often use the team colours but switch them up a bit. Say the team strip was red shirts and white shorts you would reverse it. Alternatively add lots of extra details like coloured borders or gold metal bits as opposed to silver.

For a generic star that can be used for multiple teams then go for something quite colourful so they will stand out in whichever team. Googling the star player will often get you some interesting colour schemes and you can rip them off.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

spubbbba wrote: The Barik Farblast illustration had black and white as his uniform with small areas of yellow details, pretty good looking colour scheme really.
Thanks for the reminder, I can picture it better now. 8)