New Impact! Kickstarter Beastface Chaos/Human teams- Nov '15

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Re: New Impact! Kickstarter Beastface Chaos/Human teams- Nov

Post by Norse »

I think many older gamers (by which I guess I mean 35+) like pewter because

1) it is what they are used to
2) early resin minis were so fragile the experience was very bad
3) the reassurance of the weight of the mini

I myself have been vocally anti-resin for a number of years, but recently working with Rafael at RNestudios has completely changed my opinion. The quality of the casts and the resin material itself is incredible. Trollforged and the type of resin Scibor uses have also dramatically levelled the playing field for me. I will now buy a mini if I like it, irrespective of the material it is cast in. :D

I love the beastface minis and really want to support the Kickstarter - I just wish there were more goats. I don't like having duplicate minis on the field and with the current number of beastmen, that wouldn't be possible. :-?

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

I actually don't mind resin minis. I REALLY like Vortice miniatures and think they use a very high quality resin. My experience with the resin that Impact uses has simply been disappointing for me. I mean no offense, and I'm really not trying to make a big deal out of it, I just wanted to know if there was a pewter option only because I don't like that specific type of resin.
I'll stop high jacking the thread now. Hope the campaign goes really well for you, Tom.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

mikeyc222 wrote:My experience with the resin that Impact uses has simply been disappointing for me.
That surprised me because I replace any figures that have castings issues and any primer with a good etching element will prime the figures. So if you want to private message me what your issue was ... it might just be a case of me never having a chance to fix it for you.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Another one of the new stars being offered for the first time on this KS is Margoth Doomgrim (page 27 of the Icepelt rulebook). He is only $5 in the KickStarter as an add-on and comes with two head options so he could also make a Lord Borak if you desired.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... human-team

dco
Rookie
Rookie

Post by dco »

Hehe, the nickname should be ballface or behelit face.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

I'm in!

Team n. 145 and 146, come to papa!

Good luck on this Tom.
I've already shared the KS on my FB.
ASAP I'll post the news on the italian forum to see if someone is interested.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Rolex wrote:I'm in!

Team n. 145 and 146, come to papa!

Good luck on this Tom.
I've already shared the KS on my FB.
ASAP I'll post the news on the italian forum to see if someone is interested.
Thanks Rolex.

If anyone wants to merge with you to get the teams at a bigger discount ... I promise these teams are going to ship on time! I've taken extra steps to make sure it all runs okay.

Tom

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Hi, quick question (sorry if it has been answered before, then my tired eyes didn't spot it) :

All of this kickstarter will later be available in the regular store, right? Probably at a slightly modified price, but still available.
Thanks for answering!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Saebelsultan wrote:Hi, quick question (sorry if it has been answered before, then my tired eyes didn't spot it) :

All of this kickstarter will later be available in the regular store, right? Probably at a slightly modified price, but still available.
Thanks for answering!
The Resin teams will be available at a higher price after all the backers have their teams.

The Metal teams are only available through the KS.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Crazy Igor is another new star player that you can get as part of the KickStarter. Only $3 as an add-on!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... human-team

BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BullBear »

Alright, I'm interested in this chaos team. Three questions first:

1) I must be missing it, but how much is shipping? To be determined? I'm in Texas.

2) What size base will the minotaur be on? I know he was built for 30mm, but I like my Big Guys on Big Bases.

3) Margoth - the prototype looks like he's got an open mouth with big, menacing teeth. The painted mini looks to have a closed mouth with his tongue out. which is it?

4) Would it be possible to add another mini or two from the Impact! shop (not in this kickstarter campaign) to our order?

Thanks!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

1. When you add a pledge it will show you how much shipping is to your address.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Saebelsultan wrote:Hi, quick question (sorry if it has been answered before, then my tired eyes didn't spot it) :

Thanks for answering!
The Resin teams will be available at a higher price after all the backers have their teams.

The Metal teams are only available through the KS.
Thank you!
So the extra star playery will also be available, right?

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Saebelsultan wrote: Thank you!
So the extra star playery will also be available, right?
At a higher price yes .. in most case a good 20% higher.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

BullBear wrote:Alright, I'm interested in this chaos team. Three questions first:

1) I must be missing it, but how much is shipping? To be determined? I'm in Texas.
Shipping to Texas is included in each reward level.
2) What size base will the minotaur be on? I know he was built for 30mm, but I like my Big Guys on Big Bases.
The Minotaur and Chaos Ogre and Bowza's Ogre will all come with 30mm bases. If you really want a 40mm base, just message me through KickStarter after you pledge and I'll put a not on your reward to use 40mm instead of 30mm bases.
3) Margoth - the prototype looks like he's got an open mouth with big, menacing teeth. The painted mini looks to have a closed mouth with his tongue out. which is it?
The painted mini did not have the teeth painted to separate them out. If you look closely you'll see they are there ... just painted brown. The figure looks just like the grey version above.
4) Would it be possible to add another mini or two from the Impact! shop (not in this kickstarter campaign) to our order?
Once you pledge for the KickStarter ... message me through KS what you wanted to add and I'll make sure it gets included in your package.