new norse/valkyries

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Re: new norse/valkyries

Post by Norse »

Podfrey wrote:I like the concept. However, just as all men aren't homogenous, "real" women aren't all 36GG with a 24" waist..... Would be nice to see a variety :D
I don't see what you're referring to GP?? the line woman looks stout, but not 36GG, more like a D. the catcher by contrast is pretty lithe and probably a B. in both cases they're also pretty well covered up, so I don't see this being offensive to many people (except, perhaps, Nordic women who hate being stereotyped ;-) )

it's nothing like those ridiculous Necrom concepts that all looked like a young Diana Dors.. :lol:

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The 2 concepts look pretty good and hopefully it will be easy to tell the positionals apart once all models are out.

2 areas I'm less impressed with are the skirts and fur on the glove/boots. The fur looks too uniform, were it not coloured brown it would be hard to tell. It's a shame as fur is one of the easiest things to sculpt so i suppose it could be fixed with some greenstuff.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Just got hold of the Sukubus team today, the first offering.
The level of detail and quality of casting is beyond reproach, some of the best models I've handled. The detail in places is so fine and reproduced so perfectly, something that high quality resin can give that styrene, pewter or plastic, or even lower quality resin casting, just cannot.
I'd not worry about the fur, when looking at a 3D render you are looking at something a long way removed from the final, cast version, something more people need to understand when experimenting with Zbrush and a 3D printer.

Podfrey, don't write off the whole team based on two teaser images, we don't know what Laia has planned for the rest, but if she carries on in this theme I think some will be larger. There's something very opera about these first two.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/valk ... 21673#home

Some really fascinating designs here. The snow ogre cracked me up.

and as a backer of the last team..there resin casts were....mindbogglingly good. I cannot recommend these guys enough

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I like them a lot, but I would want to use them as Zons, not Norse, so the Ulfs and Yeti and lack of other 2 blitzers mean I won't be doing this one. Black Scorpion may get my money after all.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

was very close to chipping in as a few blitzers to bring some character to another amazon team of mine but the 32mm scale doesnt fit with the rest, maybe I could do a Norse team with them... I'll tab it for the moment to follow it :)

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

I'm in for the full team and I'll probably get some more Linos and a couple of Blitzers as well. Then I'll be able to use them both as Norse, Amazon and Human if need be. 3 teams for €115 is not too bad, I reckon...

And I've gotta say - those Snow Women are just plain awesome. Even though I don't like the word 'awesome'... Brilliant concept IMO.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Norse wrote:I like them a lot, but I would want to use them as Zons, not Norse, so the Ulfs and Yeti and lack of other 2 blitzers mean I won't be doing this one. Black Scorpion may get my money after all.
If the first two stretch goals are met, it looks like you'll be getting two extra blitzers. ;)

Regarding the team, I think they look fantastic. I'm normally very conservative in regards to miniatures, and my own collection consists almost solely of 2nd ed minis. I'm also not a fan of resin, as I like the weight and feel of metal minis. Thirdly, I prefer 28 mm scale.
Yet, and in despite of the above, I've ordered this team. Just couldn't say no to these beauties. They are intented mainly as amazons, though, so I'm really counting on the stretch goals to kick in! :D

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

goldbaek wrote:...Then I'll be able to use them both as Norse, Amazon and Human if need be. 3 teams...
I did the same thing with Impact Valkyries way back when and it is even cheaper now for only $35. The impact Snow Troll is still one of my favorite figures. I do like the style of the line women, catchers and blitzers. If I didn't already have multiples of norse, human and amazon I would be sorely tempted to pick up this team.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

A couple more Blitzers and Linewomen to give a full Amazon team, and I'd be sorely tempted.

Also, I'm not convinced the colouring is doing the renders any favours.

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

The previous team they made had the same style of "coloring" the actual minis were amazing however.

I might pick up a Norse or 2 from greebo to fill out a extra player or 2.

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

Just checked this and they are like..10 people short of their goal. There has to be at least 10 more people who want this team to get it to fund.

Crowdfunding stresses me out sometimes

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

lots of time to go! I plan on piling on some point but will take me some time to get the funds

burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

mikeyc222 wrote:yeah well... I like boobs... keep it coming! :)
There's a filthy joke hidden in this statement somewhere. :wink:

mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

burgun824 wrote:
mikeyc222 wrote:yeah well... I like boobs... keep it coming! :)
There's a filthy joke hidden in this statement somewhere. :wink:
Well, none was implied. It was just a simple statement of fact followed by a request for more. :)

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.