First post on BB forum

Moderator: TFF Mods

woodmeister
Experienced
Experienced

First post on BB forum

Post by woodmeister »

I have just got hold of a copy of the 4th Edition BB, the one that comes with DZ in the box. I haven't played BB for ages, well not since Edition 1, so I have a lot of catching up to do especially as I sold the old BB years ago. I also haven't painted a figure in an equally long time either.

I do have a few questions. :wink:

1) In the box errata for DZ it mentions pdf versions of the fireball template etc being on the BB web site, but I can't find it for love nor money. Does the fabled pdf file exist?

2) Having seen the cards you get with the 3rd Edition of DZ for random events etc, are the omission of them in BV v4 a good enough reason to track down a separate copy of DZ?

3) Unfortuantely I don't have anyone nearby/local to play against? Do they have BB evenings in GW stores or am I being a little naive?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: First post on BB forum

Post by Deathwing »

woodmeister wrote: 1) In the box errata for DZ it mentions pdf versions of the fireball template etc being on the BB web site, but I can't find it for love nor money. Does the fabled pdf file exist?

2) Having seen the cards you get with the 3rd Edition of DZ for random events etc, are the omission of them in BV v4 a good enough reason to track down a separate copy of DZ?

3) Unfortuantely I don't have anyone nearby/local to play against? Do they have BB evenings in GW stores or am I being a little naive?
1) No idea. We just generally use a 3*3 area.

2) Cards are now obsolete. There was a lot of ambiguity about certain cards anyway. Some people miss them, I don't.

3) Whereabouts in London are you? You could always try the ECBBL. Standard's pretty high though.
http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php

Lastly, I suggest you download the LRB. Easier than using the handbook, DZ and the errata. And welcome to TBB! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Welcome, newbie! You will find this forum gets quite addictive. :D

GO STAMPEDERS!
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

May as well be two complete newbies in this thread. I'm a WHFB player who managed to ignore BB for years, what an idiot :P

You're only as old as you feel
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Methusalah wrote:May as well be two complete newbies in this thread. I'm a WHFB player who managed to ignore BB for years, what an idiot :P
Melbourne eh? Do you play in a League?
And welcome! :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

Thanks Deathwing. Just working on teaching my 10 y.o. the rules at the min, he's dead keen. We'll probably join a league when we can:
a) find one
b) get our teams painted.
While I'm in the newbie forum, let's get the embarrassing question out of the way first. Re rolling to injure someone who has fallen over, the rules say to "beat" the AV. I'm used to the GW wording of greater than, or equal to or greater than. What's the intent here? Against someone with AV7, do I need to role 7 or 8 to make the injury roll.
A pre-emptive :oops: at my newbieness.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

for av7 you need to get an 8 to cause an injury

we were all new once so don't worry about stupid questions, they tend to come from more experienced people anyway, newbies are usually just wanting to clear things up :D

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

You're welcome to head on down to the ECBBL on a tuesday night. We've got a few people playing in our open season (nothing on the line but your pride) and it's not too hard to get pickup games.

We're not nearly as good as Deathwing makes out. In fact we're mostly crap and get by on luck, getting the opponent maggotted (cf: Andy's infamous "tequila rule"), or both.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

getting the opponent maggotted, there's a tactic I can relate to :lol: Thanks for the rule clear up there.

p.s. just looked at Deathwing's homepage and realised I'm probably not that much older than everyone else *laughs*

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Torg wrote:Welcome, newbie! You will find this forum gets quite addictive. :D
He's right there. I only came here to find out what was happening in the Future of BB and to try and find some local tabletoppers. Now I'm a Star Player and about to embark on PBeM for the 1st time :roll: .

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Hi and Welcome to this great Board!

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

You will find this forum gets quite addictive
hahahahahaha.... just a little addictive.... hahahahahaha.... best joke last time !! :wink:

... every time i switch on my computer ( job or private), first page i stop is TBB...

Traveller

Have fun here ! :)