Tactic for undead?

Moderator: TFF Mods

El Che

Tactic for undead?

Post by El Che »

Ok, totally newbie here...are there any known tactics for playing the undead? Kill the opponent and resurrect them into zombies or what? ;)

I'd like to kick some serious butt against my adversary Pangan with his norsemen...how do I do it?

regards - El Che(still waiting for his undead team in the post)...
:D

Reason: ''
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Well, playing Norse is risky. If he plays it well, he'll only let you blitz once a turn and stay away from your mummies. His blitzers are awesome and might try to push your players into the crowd, so try to stay two steps from the sideline....

Undead strength is definitely based on your mummies and your quick/agile ghouls. Ideal is to open a whole in your opponents defences with wights and mummies and sprint away with the ghoul ball carries. zombies/skellies just have to annoy important players from the opponent.
Try to bloock as often as possible with your mighty blow mummies, because the Norse AV is easy to get through. In a pitch battle.... You should definitely win. So, receive the ball and start hurting those poor Norsemen......

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

Since you know you are going to be playing against Norse, you will need players with Block, so lots of wights. I'd suggest the following lineup:

2 Mummies (200k)
4 Wights (360k)
2 Ghouls (140k)
3 Zombies (90k)
2 Rerolls (140k)
7 FF (70k)

If you're not playing as part of a league, then I'd drop 3FF and buy a skeleton instead to give you a reserve. If you weren't playing against Norse, I might consider dropping a wight and buying more zombies or skeletons to give you more reserves.

Tactics: Hit opponents with the mummies (though be careful against Norse 'cos the mummies don't have Block but at least the AV7 will squish easily). Hit opponents with the wights (they at least do have Block). Pick up the ball with the ghouls (or possibly a wight) and grind down the pitch with the mummies at the front, dashing out to score when you're ghouls are within reach. Generally, zombies just stand around putting down tackle zones to cause problems.

If you are playing in a league, you can do some nice development with some of the players that make things more flexible.

If you get a skeleton, then they are good for fouling. After all, what else are they going to do?

Cheers,
Martyn

Pangan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pangan »

:evil: don´t give him too much advice!

:lol:

mummies... hmm.. even now i don´t like the sound of that. Well, my norsemen are gonna beat the crap outta the _rest_ of his undead team!

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Welcome to the board...

I hate Undeads.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
El Che

Post by El Che »

Thanks for all replies, peeps!
Gonna call my team Bergen Stalkers I think(bergen is the town where I live).
Any better suggestion for evil undead teams?

best regards
El Che

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

El Che wrote: Any better suggestion for evil undead teams?
BBmag #4 vampires :pissed:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.