GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Greebo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

Post by Greebo »

UPDATED:

Here one of the Blitzer already ready!

Here the video

Hi all!
We are creating a new Dark Elf team...like Silvania, we would like to do all female, so, we have to do a good armor and pose to distinguish a Witch from a Lineman.
Idea? Like shot hair for lineman, long for witch, with helmet for blitzer...its an idea..

Reason: ''
Lorenzo "Greebo" Giusti
www.greebo-games.com
Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Re: GREEBO : Dark Elf concept, we need your advices!

Post by Mango »

also remember witch elves are lighter armoured than linemen, so maybe having the linemen more heavily armoured as well as the blitzers is a way to distinguish them

Greebo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Greebo »

Mango wrote:also remember witch elves are lighter armoured than linemen, so maybe having the linemen more heavily armoured as well as the blitzers is a way to distinguish them
Yes, is correct, I had forgot to write that. Witch will have a very light armor :)

Lorenzo "Greebo" Giusti
www.greebo-games.com
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

and it would also be reasonable to give the blitzers heavier armour. i know that theyre still av8, but it would make fluff sense i think.

Greebo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Greebo »

nazgob wrote:and it would also be reasonable to give the blitzers heavier armour. i know that theyre still av8, but it would make fluff sense i think.
Yes, have sense, we will do that.

Lorenzo "Greebo" Giusti
www.greebo-games.com
necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by necrosis »

Looking forward to this.

I always have thought a dark elf team based on the drow from dungeons and dragons would be great.. lots of spider/lloth type symbols on their armour. It fits 100% with an all female team. You could have heavily armoured lloth priestesses as blitzers for example. I have thought about trying to make a team like this from using reaper dark elf miniatures but haven't gotten around to trying it and i already have the GW delf team.

Mango
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mango »

I think armouring up the linemn with shin guards, thigh guards and maybe a full breastplate or banded style breastplate would be good. The scantily clad female is a pretty common theme for alot of mini's, it would be nice to see some armoured women as a contrast to the scantily clad witch elves

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Mango wrote:I think armouring up the linemn with shin guards, thigh guards and maybe a full breastplate or banded style breastplate would be good. The scantily clad female is a pretty common theme for alot of mini's, it would be nice to see some armoured women as a contrast to the scantily clad witch elves
+1, though realise it might not sell as well.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
TheDoctor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by TheDoctor »

necrosis wrote:Looking forward to this.

I always have thought a dark elf team based on the drow from dungeons and dragons would be great.. lots of spider/lloth type symbols on their armour. It fits 100% with an all female team. You could have heavily armoured lloth priestesses as blitzers for example. I have thought about trying to make a team like this from using reaper dark elf miniatures but haven't gotten around to trying it and i already have the GW delf team.
I had the exactly same idea but I didn't find enough suitable Reaper Minis to fill out a complete team and I also have already the GW models. I thought about converting them by removing the helmets and adding long hair with Green Stuff, but I think my converting skills won't do.

Anyway I'm totally looking forward to this team and would just LOVE for it to have that drow flavour necrosis mentioned (spider/web symbols). I also would put the Blitzer and Witch Elves in more dynamic poses than the Linemen.

Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

sann0638 wrote:
Mango wrote:I think armouring up the linemn with shin guards, thigh guards and maybe a full breastplate or banded style breastplate would be good. The scantily clad female is a pretty common theme for alot of mini's, it would be nice to see some armoured women as a contrast to the scantily clad witch elves
+1, though realise it might not sell as well.
I don't think that's necessarily true. As long as there are some scantily clad elves on the team it will sell, right? :wink:

Anyways, what about giving the blitzers some sort of grotesque armoured mask or something to help differentiate them? It would serve as a nice contrast to the rest of their somewhat scantily clad bodies, and fits in well with the whole evil bit.

Why not give the witch elves some thigh-high stockings? Those are always fun...

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Man, I'm having Final fantasy ten flash backs, what is it with fantasy females and pointless belts?
I would like to see a witch elf with a crazed face, gritted, teeth wide eyes and wild hair. She does have frenzy after all so I'm not keen on the elegance they all seem to have had before, it would also make a good contrast against the wardancer, seeing as this is kind of like the dark elf version of one.
Have you thought about the assasin yet? I would like to see one with wolverine style claws, not out of the skin but something like those 3 long blades strapped to the wrist with bandages and him in a running pose. Far to many assasins models are just standing still showing off the fact they are assasins.
As far as AV goes with dark elfs I think a lot can be said with shoulder pads, you can dictate a lot of postionals by the presence, lack of or size of a good shoulder pad.

Well that's my two cents.

necrosis
Rookie
Rookie

Post by necrosis »

TheDoctor wrote: I had the exactly same idea but I didn't find enough suitable Reaper Minis to fill out a complete team and I also have already the GW models. I thought about converting them by removing the helmets and adding long hair with Green Stuff, but I think my converting skills won't do.
I thought the number of suitable miniatures might be a problem, too many weapons and shields across the body and my converting skills amount to sawing off a weapon!
Hopefully though this team will fill the drow void and can use reaper for the supporting cast characters.. like coach, apoth, wizard etc

The Gonk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Gonk »

I reeeeeeally like the Silvania figures...but I won't buy them. I am married and have a daughter, and play in public sometimes. I won't play with "Gentlemen's figures." How about some attractive female figures with some clothes on?

otherdave
Rookie
Rookie

Post by otherdave »

The Gonk wrote:I reeeeeeally like the Silvania figures...but I won't buy them. I am married and have a daughter, and play in public sometimes. I won't play with "Gentlemen's figures." How about some attractive female figures with some clothes on?
Why not just paint 'em in spandex colors? They'd be fully covered and no more titillating than figure skaters or swimmers.

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

The main thing you have to do is to differenciate them totally from the new GW plastic 40k dark eldar wytches box. You can easily convert a dark elf team from them, so if yours look similar... most people would tend to the cheaper and easy to convert plastics.