Storage

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Storage

Post by sann0638 »

I have a vision of team storage - I would like a chest of drawers where each draw is shallow enough to just contain one foam storage unit (e.g. KR). Has anyone else constructed or seen such a thing, so you could pull out a drawer and see all the figures contained within it? Talking about 30 teams worth of figures, so I guess about 500 figures.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Storage

Post by Regash »

No, I've never encountered smething that good.
On second thought, wouldn't it be awesome if every drawer could also be the carry case for each team?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/imag ... GIFoZyinfA

Edit: I think they're called something like stationary draws, or similar.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

that looks nice, Steve .. put some KR inlays in there and you can just quickly switch them into, or out off, your favourite carrier bag ..

I do something similar, albeit less sophisticated, using cases and that nice new bag I won while switching the inlays with the three smmall cases I have (that hold exactly one of those inlays).

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Storage

Post by Shteve0 »

Ah, sorry, disclaimer - that's not mine, it's what I'd like in the future! My current is similar to yours by the sound of it Dave, or possibly even more ridimentary - half size KR cases in a shelf unit!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

My current dream is to have something similar to these for each team. Basically, single team carry-cases designed to look like books. The ones in the Kickstarter were too small for a BB team, although I did contact them to see if larger ones were a future possibility. Failing that, I may need to go the DIY route. :lol:

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

The problem I'm trying to get round is my kids using the figures to play BB - they mix and match quite a lot, so they end up all mixed up!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I have them all on a shelf, but I'm not really happy with it - they take up a lot of shelf space, gather dust, and worst, don't "look good" when they are all bunched together.

I think of this as a temporary arrangement, and keep meaning to get a glass display case and put 2-3 teams per shelf ... Ikea "Detolf" is exactly what I want, for example. But I only ever seem to think of this when I'm super busy with other stuff and can't do anything about it.

(What's that? Ikea has an online store and reasonable delivery rates? Okay, you got me, I'm just lazy. Also, deliveries are inconveniently complicated when nobody's home during the day).

But for what you're looking for, I'd phone around a bunch of libraries and ask if they have an old card cabinet. They must have used those in the UK too, right? Now I feel like an old man. The drawers were alphabetized, you'd search for your book and when you found the card, it told you which shelf your book would be on:

(Kids, Libraries are buildings with a whole lot of books in them which you could borrow).
(Kids, Books are ...) ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

sann0638 wrote:The problem I'm trying to get round is my kids using the figures to play BB - they mix and match quite a lot, so they end up all mixed up!
Have you considered just locking them up... the kids, not the minis.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I do want the kids to use them, so they can embarrass Loki next time they play him! But I also want to be able to find them when I need them :D

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

What, your kids dont come running to you when you whistle them...? :o

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Just to be clear - I want storage for my figures, not my children :D

Imagine travelling around tournaments in style with this! http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/ ... awer-black

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

A couple of years ago, my brother built me a cabinet with space for my whole bb collection.
It has 10 drawers. What i have is the gw style foam 55 figure trays stacked 3 high with 6 in each drawer(3x2 side by side).

It works great and i have room on the side of each drawer for big guys with custom trays cut to fit.

I'll have my wife take a pic.

Rick Sanchez lives!
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Sounds awesome!

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

sann, have you considered looking into Alibaba to get something custom done, maybe with the NAF logo? There are several vendors in China, available through Alibaba, who make all sorts of plastic cases and can screenprint logos and such. They can in some cases even custom make them, and if you buy in bulk the prices are not too bad.

Milo