What class to get for my brother against my norsemen?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Pangan
Rookie
Rookie

What class to get for my brother against my norsemen?

Post by Pangan »

:roll:
Hey all.. im a n00b to blood bowl and this board. Must say this board looks very nice and friendly.

then the question:
I´ve bought the norse team for myself and think it will be a cool one. Then I need a reliable opponent coach. Who could be better to play with than my own brother? I can fart and scream all that i want - and punch him if i loose. So... what team should i get for my brother in order to have the coolest fights possible? Remember that we are both total newbies to BB...

Appreciate all answers, thx in advance.

Reason: ''
--Casual is the name of the game--
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

How about orcs? They're a good starting team for someone learning the game. Their high armour will also help when facing a team full of Block.

Cheers,
Martyn

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

It depends if you want to win! Norse are good against a team without much block. So if you get Dwarves for example, you are likely to get beated up severely - AV 9 v AV 7 is a no contest in a fight.

To win as a rookie I suggest getting an Elf team (any will do). However, these teams are more difficult for a rookie to play with. Orcs and Humans are the normal teams for rookies - Orcs may be a bit tough for Norse... so the answer is - Elves or Humans.

Dave

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

How about countering the Block of the Norse against the Dodge of the Amazons, all have the same movement and a complimentary opoosite of skills.

Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

Welcome to TalkBloodBowl.com

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

It depends on how badly you want to win the game! :lol: If you're the older brother give him the orcs, if you're the younger give him the humans. I say this because I play Humans since my first game and I usually have lots of fun with them, and they are not so weak as some might suggest. They have higher armor and higher movement then norse, but, alas, less block. It will be a cool game even to watch. If he's taking the orcs, it will become a meaningless punching session; 0-0 in the end.

Uhhh, by the way...

WELCOME TO BLOODBOWL!!!! YOU JUST STARTED TO LIVE LIFE!!!!

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Pangan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Pangan »

Thanx for all replies.. they´ve been helpful.

He´s my older brother.. so i should get humans :lol: ... but on the other side i want him to last long as my opponent coach (he´ll get pissed _fast_ if i beat him every time).. so i just might land on the orcs. We´ll have some real "thinking" games with those teams.. hehe.. Aww, what the heck, i prefer bashing heads when it comes down to blood bowl.

Btw, thanx for all the welcoming cheers - i´m glad to be here!

CoachGorbad
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoachGorbad »

Skaven vs Norse would make for nice fights. One team has a bit more speed, but the other has a bit more hitting power. While they both fall down like little girls when punched in the eye, it'll give you both a good taste for blood as you move on to other teams.

Gorbad
Coach of the Gutstompas
keith_reed
Experienced
Experienced

Post by keith_reed »

Personally, I think a human team would match well against your Norse. They are well rounded early and the games would be very competitive. Orcs could give you problems with their high AV, especially since you are a noob.

War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting the ultimate practitioner.
veron
Veteran
Veteran

Post by veron »

I say you get him orcs. Orcs are quite easy to play so it's a good team to start with. Norse and Orcs also have a long history of mutual dislike (to say the least) which I think sounds just about right for most brother relationships...