Man O War

Got some other Miniatures for sale? Then advertise them here!

Moderator: TFF Mods

tonksey
Experienced
Experienced

Man O War

Post by tonksey »

All

As part of my nostalgic mood lately, I've recently purchased a cracking Man O War set off e-Bay, along with the two expansions and what looks like two large fleets of Bretonnian & Empire ships.

My question is this; does anyone have entire fleets which they'd be keen to sell to me? If so PM me with what race they are, how many mini's, the condition & whether they're painted or not.

Thanks

Matt...

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

You'll be lucky! :) Something of a Manowar revival going on around here (after many spending more than a few hours either side of the Albion Coast tourney getting back into it!). There's more pencilled in the not too distant future too, I guess a few peeps around here are looking to buy rather than sell.

viewtopic.php?t=20358&highlight=man++war

P.S. Anyone got any spare Brets?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Careful woody, do you know you cant play Man o war without the neccesarry health and safety regualtions being adhered too........ all those counters must be a fire hazard :wink: .

Cloggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cloggy »

Good to hear people like Man O War. I have quite a collection myself, but sold off most of my double complete fleets last year.

Prices are flatout rediculous on ebay imo.

And yes, I do have some spare Bretonnians 8)

My Bulls have the "Thin Skull" trait. After every block they make, roll a D6. On a 1+ they get ko-ed and stay in the ko-box for the rest of the game.
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

I also sold my Man O War stuff off last year... got peanuts for it because I slapped a buy it now price of about £25 on the game and a Dwarf fleet. Couple of big ships, couple of medium ones, box of monitors, box of submarines.

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

As part of my fund raiser to get some more Impact! stuff going ... I was acutally planning this month to Ebay off 42 boxed of Man O' War ships a complete boxed set of the game, and a complete Sea of Blood expansion boxed set.

I'll post a link when I get them set up.

But for Brettonians ... I have a Galleon and some Pegasus Riders

Also to make it sweeter ... I'll be throwing in for free to anyone winning $50 or more of the Man O' War stuff my copies of the following CJ articles:

When the Dead Sail the Seas (rules for the Undead fleet)
Necromatic Magic (rules for Necromancers for the Undead fleet)
Wind and Wave (rules for High Elf Mages)
Blood and Iron (rules for Dwarf Runesmiths and Weapon/Ship runes)
We Are Sailin'! (rules of Orc Shamans, Waaagh magic, and Kustom Kroozers)

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Listed 40 Man O War auctions today to raise some cash for some Impact! projects. If you want to check them out ... look here:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaeip94 ... ooZ1QQrdZ0

Any questions please ask.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Cloggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cloggy »

Cool stuff Galak!

I'd expect especially the Emprial Ironfists to fetch a pretty good price, though since the group of people buying Man O War mini's is pretty small I would not have put more than 1 of each item on sale.

My Bulls have the "Thin Skull" trait. After every block they make, roll a D6. On a 1+ they get ko-ed and stay in the ko-box for the rest of the game.
Cloggy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cloggy »

Oh, by the way.........

I just noticed that you have your stuff in a category that might not get all the right search hits. I have sold some stuff in the past, and found that this category "Category: Games > Miniatures, War Games" gave me the most hits.

I dunno if you can still get thata changed, or added on as second category. Just thought I'd mention it.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Cloggy wrote:Cool stuff Galak!

I'd expect especially the Emprial Ironfists to fetch a pretty good price, though since the group of people buying Man O War mini's is pretty small I would not have put more than 1 of each item on sale.
I didn't in my own head. If I had duplicates of anything I didn't list them. But I don't considered sealed boxes and open boxes the same thing. Those things normally appeal to two very different collectors.

Also listing all my stuff gave folks a better change to hit the $50 special gift mark for the free articles. If I didn't list all of that ... the incentive would be easy to dismiss as impossible to hit by a bidder.

At this point ... its pretty much too late to move the auctions. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice though .. much appreciated.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

My auctions end today .... last plug

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZaeip94 ... ooZ1QQrdZ0

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Don't know if any TBB members bid ... but if you did thanks.

With the 54 auctions that I ran I was able to raise $3500 after fees which will be enough to fund the Calasain team projects. My thanks to anyone who helped me get there either by winning or bidding.

Galak

Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Fantastic news Galak! Thats a good chunk of change. I look forward to seeing the team progress.

http://www.impactminiatures.com
browwnrob
Legend
Legend

Post by browwnrob »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Don't know if any TBB members bid ... but if you did thanks.

With the 54 auctions that I ran I was able to raise $3500 after fees which will be enough to fund the Calasain team projects. My thanks to anyone who helped me get there either by winning or bidding.

Galak
Great news Tom! Does that include cash for the MTG stuff you are still running?

Hopefully it all processes 100%

http://www.bbminis.blogspot.com
My Fantasy Football blog with painted minis!

I am selling off full teams that are unpainted as yet but would prefer to sell them painted, I have lots of teams, PM me if you are interested
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

browwnrob wrote:Great news Tom! Does that include cash for the MTG stuff you are still running?

Hopefully it all processes 100%
Yes I'm including my current bids on my MTG stuff.

Galak