Too lazy to do number crunching

Moderator: TFF Mods

Oxinotl
Veteran
Veteran

Too lazy to do number crunching

Post by Oxinotl »

Was just wondering if there is any compiled list somewhere on the net with probabilities, dice rolls and such or do i have to make my own?

Reason: ''
/Ox
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I'm currently heavily loaded with university work and the excessive amount of projects of my own, but in the horizon I see a website of mine that provides the tools to calculate probabilities easily.

The first step to that direction, the kick-off probability calculator, has already reached its first incarnation - as soon as I'll get some time to concentrate on that, I'll finish it off.

However, I naturally recommend learning to calculate the basic die roll probabilities, or to memorise them by heart. Ask if you want any advice on that, I'd guess that no such sheet that you're asking for exists.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

It's not that difficult a calculation and definitely worth doing, so have a go yourself. If you get really stuck, then ask, but the effort should enlighten you when playing.

Cheers,
Martyn

ObDisclaimer: I'm a mathematics lecturer, so have a general belief that people should try to do such calculations themselves. You do learn something from doing mathematics. :wink:

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

You can have a look at this page on injuries or this one on GFIs

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

I have done a breakdown of two die blocks at advantage and disadvantage, including all the various combinations of attacker with block and defender with block and dodge.

It's not really suitable to be posted here without being cleaned up a bit, but I would be happy to share it with anyone who would like a look. If you PM me with your email address, I will send you the excel file.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

martynq wrote:ObDisclaimer: I'm a mathematics lecturer
Note to self: should a disagreement concerning mathematics arise at talkBB, do not disagree with martyng, I repeat, do not... :wink:

I'm a student of mathematics myself, although due to my other major (comp.science) my graduation from maths will be postponed to somewhere in the end of the decade...

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Oxinotl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oxinotl »

Im actually reading statistics myself atm hehe.
What i was looking for was a nice printable table. Maybe i should have said that in my first post.
I liked that list ianwilliams.
Thanks guys,

/Ox