Synergy between Deathbowl VI (2008) and the 2008 Chaos Cup?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Notorious_jtb
Experienced
Experienced

Synergy between Deathbowl VI (2008) and the 2008 Chaos Cup?

Post by Notorious_jtb »

I was wondering when the Chaos cup would be held next year and whether or not people would like to try and make in on a weekend near to the Deathbowl so anyone who was crossing the atlantic for the Chaos cup could come along to the deathbowl during the same trip?

We would like to hold Deathbowl VI in october 2008, are there any plans for the Chaos cup next year?

I know this is early but the earlier this could be organised the more likely it is to succeed.

cheers

JTB

Reason: ''
Mistake not my absence for weakness...............
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

From the feedback of the Brits who went to Chicago last year (Oct) and this year (Sept) the overwhelming consensus was that Sept was infinitely better. Why? In a word, the weather. It meant that it was easy to get around, places were open, we could lounge around on the 'beach', etc, etc. I would sincerely hope the CC stays in Sept for these reasons, but "hell yeah!" (*as you boys like to say :wink: ) by all means move the Deathbowl to an adjacent weekend and I'm sure you'll have some euros at the event.

Also be aware of when the Eurobowl is going to be next year though (normally late in the year, Nov time, but there is some call to bring this forwards to enjoy the Spanish weather), as this will preclude most of the euro players from coming.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

September is a tred carefully month for me as my anniversary and my son's birthday are that month so weekends quickly become messing.

In 2008 ... these dates land in a way that I cannot really skate between them like I did in 2007 and if I have the tournament in really early September ... its just too close to GenCon.

So right now I'm looking at Oct 4/5th for the Chaos Cup. Still good weather in Chicago and it keeps me out of trouble with the household.

So I'll get with GW to lock in that date but that is where I plan for now on the Chaos Cup landing is Oct 4 and 5th, 2008.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Notorious_jtb
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Notorious_jtb »

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The Canadians are quite keen on keeping Deathbowl in October, and the weekend of the 11/12th would be an easy sell for the date at my end certainly.

I understand about the weather Lucifer, being an expat myself. However, I don't want to impinge on the local september tournament that Skaven is running in Niagara Falls. People are pretty good about driving 6/7 hours for a tournament here but not twice in a month :(
Would DBVI being on the second week of october put you off?

I will investigate the date of the eurobowl too.

cheers

JTB

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

4/5th then 11/12th in Canada, cool count me in 8)

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Wouldn't put me off at all, in fact if anything the opposite. 14 days, something like Weds to Tues, covering 2 events would be great. And I even get to visit Canadia ;-)

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I hear the strip clubs are in montreal are worth a visit

Valen

Post by Valen »

Cool, I am definatley there :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Notorious_jtb
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Notorious_jtb »

It is true Canada does have some world renowned strip clubs, particularly in Montreal. There are some here in Ottawa too.............

Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

As kids, we always wanted to go to Ottawa because You Can't Do That on Television was made there. What a great show. Green slime!!!! :cry:

danchaput
Experienced
Experienced

Post by danchaput »

Well for myself I would love to the chance to attend two tournaments that close, but I have my kids one weekend out of two and it would be impossible for two weekends in a row. Personnaly if I had a choice I would prefer DeathBowl, just because I have been to all except the first.

I see so far it seems to be heading towards the weekend of the 11th/12th of October. Will not be able to make it since that is a weekend with my kids, but then that gives me an excuse to try to make it out to the Chaos Cup. :D

Dan

Valen

Post by Valen »

Do we have any firm dates on this yet?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Valen wrote:Do we have any firm dates on this yet?
I'm pretty sure we are on for the 4th and 5th of October for Chaos Cup.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Notorious_jtb
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Notorious_jtb »

I am planning assuming the Chaos cup will be on the 4/5th and the deathbowl on the 11/12.
I haven't booked any rooms yet incase the chaos cup has to change.

I would like to have it set in stone soonish though.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Notorious_jtb wrote:I am planning assuming the Chaos cup will be on the 4/5th and the deathbowl on the 11/12.
I haven't booked any rooms yet incase the chaos cup has to change.

I would like to have it set in stone soonish though.
I have an email in to GW to get lock-down confirmation.

Galak